Brechin number 8 Molloy-sectarian abuse

Sentry

LOL at this thread.

There's gonna be a lot of this as we trawl through these leagues.

Remember we're there because we've been forced there by a vindictive biased campaign. The Brechin bloke's there because he's feck-all use for anything else and he'll still be there after we move on.

Stick's and stones and all that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys but many of you are missing the point and the OP is right to highlight this.

Bigotry is a two way thing and yet again its acceptable to sling it in our direction and its just swept under the carpet. Me personally wouldnt be offended by anyone calling me that, I am offended big time though that they think its all right for us to be abused with sectarian slogans and words. Get yer heads out the sand and accept a zero tolerance towards the bigotry we are suffereing. Our lack of fight over the years and our acceptance towards being abused has put us in the postion we are in,

Yeah call me a fat ugly bastard and I'll laugh at it.... but as soon as the word H*n or any other sectarian words are used agianst us then get off yer arse and complain....THEY WILL SOON STOP USING IT!

sorry guys but many of you are missing the point and the OP is right to highlight this.

Bigotry is a two way thing and yet again its acceptable to sling it in our direction and its just swept under the carpet. Me personally wouldnt be offended by anyone calling me that, I am offended big time though that they think its all right for us to be abused with sectarian slogans and words. Get yer heads out the sand and accept a zero tolerance towards the bigotry we are suffereing. Our lack of fight over the years and our acceptance towards being abused has put us in the postion we are in,

Yeah call me a fat ugly bastard and I'll laugh at it.... but as soon as the word H*n or any other sectarian words are used agianst us then get off yer arse and complain....THEY WILL SOON STOP USING IT!

on a lesser note-Tayside police have stated (BBC)that they will track down those who let off flares and seek football banning orders-dont seem to recall a police force having this view with the unwashed-well certainly cant find any evidence-so when the banning order stats are given out-guess who will be tops??

eyes wide open

This. If our fans, players or management behave in that way then they and the club get hammered by the authorities. That would be fair enough but the same standards don't seem to be applied when we are the victims. Does anyone here really think that's acceptable? If so, do you think it's any coincidence that our club has become the whipping boy for all and sundry?

It happened right next to me and it was reported to the police but they never followed it up with statements. I have a problem with it now I have thought it through and if the shoe was on the other foot it would be plastered all over the media, unsavoury songs sung by rangers fans was reported but where was the reports of brechin(celtic) fans singing "Go Home You h***!". We are always being hit with the sectarian stick, I know we do not do ourselves any favors on that one, but neither does anyone else. We however allow ourselves to be the only ones that are ever picked up about it.

I think now that we are out of the SPL then, if we can get our own shit in order then we should be pointing these things out wherever and whenever they happen, not to get anyone in trouble but to show that it is not only Rangers fans that are guilty.

It is not about naming and shaming individuals, that is too easy but highlighting the groups of fans/clubs that are guilty.

If you failed to get the police mans number then it should be followed up with a written statement sent to their head quarters again with witness names so the police can then chase them up for their statement. If the other witness writes in then you have corroboration which is necessary for a criminal conviction and it should be pursued.

Bigotry is a two way thing and yet again its acceptable to sling it in our direction and its just swept under the carpet.

Yes and this is the second side! You can't shout abuse at a guy on the park for 90 minutes probably much of it sectarian and complain when he has a go back. That is hypocritical.

Yes there maybe a difference in how it would have been reported had a Gers player retaliated that way, fair enough I take that point, however we can't seriously complain about sectarian behaviour directed towards us, well not with a straight face anyway.

Couldn't give a toss. The first thing I said to my mates when I seen the teams was "better keep an eye on that number 8 wi a name like molloy playing against the Rangers!" so it still works both ways. The wee princess should have just dried his eyes and got on with what he was meant to be doing in the first place, supporting the team.

fuck sake victim card or what.if you want to carry on like that lot across the city then there is no room on the terraces for you we should be well above that sort of shite personally i have lost count of the times i have been called a dirty orange bastard if thats the best they can come back with it just shows them for being the uneducated cretins they are.we have more important things to worry about.

We are getting as bad as Tim O'Ffended

No we're not, because we're not offended.. the point is that we've let our club get slaughtered left, right and centre over bigotry for too long and if this was a Rangers player calling a fan a fenian bastard it would be plastered all over the internet and newspapers.. but a player calling Rangers fans orange bastards and there is not a peep because we've allowed it to happen.

The silence damages our club and this started under Murray and Bain. We're not offended but want a level playing field

Yes and this is the second side! You can't shout abuse at a guy on the park for 90 minutes probably much of it sectarian and complain when he has a go back. That is hypocritical.

Yes there maybe a difference in how it would have been reported had a Gers player retaliated that way, fair enough I take that point, however we can't seriously complain about sectarian behaviour directed towards us, well not with a straight face anyway.

I never said it was right to come from us, you just assumed. Its a simple point I made that you cant seem to get .. Bigotry is a two way thing and anyone who uses bigotry against us should be treated the same. If you say its a two way thing just answer this for me. Why did the BBC run with the story that Rangers fans sung sectarian songs at the weekend and yet not mention this? Why was Lennon not castigated for shouting DOB, its all one way.

One Scotland, many cultures...well unless you're a......

No we're not, because we're not offended.. the point is that we've let our club get slaughtered left, right and centre over bigotry for too long and if this was a Rangers player calling a fan a fenian bastard it would be plastered all over the internet and newspapers.. but a player calling Rangers fans orange bastards and there is not a peep because we've allowed it to happen.

The silence damages our club and this started under Murray and Bain. We're not offended but want a level playing field

Exactly right.

The posters who say stop whinging don't accept that there would definitely be a slaughtering in the media if it had been a Rangers player and just about any reporter you could mention got a whiff of it? So, they accept that what's good for the goose is most definitely not good for the gander. We should rise above it. I get that. I But would it be a good thing or simply fun to go back that kind of banter, (which we all know can be insanely hateful from both sides, at OF games in particular). Maybe it's my age but it just seems a wee bit bit passe now.

So, what to do? I suppose the only way to try to deter it (which is what a lot of people would prefer, I think) is to criminalise it. That's what happened. I hope the media do do something about this and the Brechin player gets punished appropriately. Any evidence, anyone?

seems a Rangers fan was called "an orange bastard"by Molloy of Brechin-said Rangers fan admitted he was winding him up -yes this is part of the game folks-but a sectarian response is wrong on so many levels

So rape is alright is it as long as the girl was leading the guy on? :rolleyes: