Players you have met

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Years ago I remember going to a midweek game v the mhanks at the piggery with Ian Durrant in our small company!... He has a great singing voice! :)

I must elaborate ... Big Peter McCLoy wasn't having the best of games which was unusual for him... The legend he is!

I remember big Peter was getting a bit of a hard time and during the game the mhanks were awarded a penalty... Roy aitken scored but it was ordered by the ref to be re-taken and on the re-take big Peter dived the wrong way but deflected the ball over the bar with his leg....the result being a unanimous chorus of "Peter Peter..Peter McCLoy!

Met Alex Rae near the barras we were playing shite that season and he was hardly playing told him , he and barry were to get the midfield sorted out :sherlock:

Needless to say they went on to win the league that season on the last day v Hivs .

Also met Tam Forsyth who was taking football training at my old school .Met big eck and been inches away from Dick Advocaat in 94 when he was the dutch national manager

Met Novo in Braehead a few days after the old firm where he lobbed Douglas the piggery, congratulated him on his goal

Seen Derek Johnstone in Glasgow Airport last year said alrite to him

Met Neil McCann a few times as hes from the same town as me

Met Ted McMinn few years ago as hes related (12th cousin or something daft like that) to a friend of mine who introduced me to him

Met the coop going for tkts one day at old training ground (albion ) , big gough while painting outside a shop in bothwell , super ally at the piggery and numerous players at murray parka couple of years ago taking in a delivery , while sir walter on the phone pre season ! Disnae git any better ................ Apart fae the davie cooper , was ma true hero n always will be the moody blue will always be no 1 , simply thee best left peg ever.

met loads of old firm players when i was young in the mid 60s they used to drink in the hotel in the mid of the week where i lived.also played along with a couple of ex pros one St Johnstone,one hearts/hamilton.one aberdeen/St Mirren.they had finished playing in one case 5/6yrs earlier but the other two were only a year or two.and the hamilton guy still worked there on the coaching staff

Wee Gattuso. I was at Andy Gorams book launch in the thistle hotel. I met a load of players that night, Hurlock was totally smashed! But my picture with Gattuso was my fave. He left early with his minders! Me and my m8 managed to catch him just before he left. We approached him for a photo and he turned away and said one moment. I thought we were getting a polite chin bounce, but turned away took off his mafia style overcoat handed it one of his minders turned back and stood in between me and my m8 for the photos. Wee man was different class!

I`m m8`s with Alex Rae,but I didn`t know him when he was with the Club.Living in Milngavie,I`ve bumped into quite a few players over the years,Thomas Buffel,Amo,Big Lee,Charlie Adam were the most frequent.When Walter was manager,one of Ally and Durrants duties was to go to Greigs in Milngavie every friday lunchtime for the cream cakes and fancy biscuits,so I would often stop and chat for a few mins with them.I`ve a very distinctive Boxer dog that they all used to love commenting on.I think they were more interested in him than me:)

Met Fergie in a barbers in Garscube Road when I was a nipper and Willie Henderson and Jim Baxter in the main stand at a game and Willie Johnston in a pub in Birmingham when he was at West Brom. All memorable moments.

Fuck nearly forgot, got my picture in The Sunday Mail jumping on Colin Stein after he had scored one of his four goals v Cyprus in 1970 or thereabouts.

Met ralph brand in the hospitality at ibrox. Absolute gent of a guy. Was a st mirren game..think we won 2-1. Papac and a shittaker penalty? Met numan before a game at the piggery. Also met lee mcculloch before he signed for us with ferguson. Met a couple of scum players before as well :craphead: boruc and hinkel. Hinkels a big shitebag!