Hold off buying Rangers Merchandise until Monday!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much were we getting with our own shops opened? Rangers sell way more merchandise worth more than 6million a year. Thats what i'm saying.

And how many times did JJB not have correct sizes how many times did they fuck up. Rangers fans weren't even allowed to get what they wanted printed on the back of there shirts.

And we have taigs managing our shops.

Rangers shops were not doing great when the deal was made, and overnight we had no bills, rates, no wages to pay, problems etc etc . . . just the cheques to cash.

Rangers receive an initial payment of £18m, with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

that's £6million a year!

well he must have considered that not worth it.i dont know

im only saying murray said the deal was no good.

i member he said sorry to the fans for doing the deal,maybe it was the standard of the contract rather than the money

well he must have considered that not worth it.i dont know

im only saying murray said the deal was no good.

i member he said sorry to the fans for doing the deal,maybe it was the standard of the contract rather than the money

Murray says a lot of things . . .

Hi hearing info that we should hold off buying any Rangers items from the club shop until Monday as up until that point JJB will be due the money rather than the club. Just thought we'd pass it on.

Shopllift Saturday. (tu)

And you posted that just to tell me? I couldn't give a fuck if you read or not. Think of all the Stuff we sell, JJB are giving us less than what we're selling.

If you think we could have made a £4.5m profit per year from our own shops, you are deluded. (tu)

I was just pointing out Jjb have a deal with us , but sell fuck all down here but plenty ov the soap dodgers tops

i know mate and i'm not disagreeing with you.

Sports Direct own a huge Everton store in Liverpool city centre but i don't see much of their stuff up here.

what people have to remember is JJB tippled a few weeks back they were getting the bullet, so they have flogged most of their stock on Amazon at reduced prices before a baw was kicked, they're not stupid and realise they could be left with one huge big headache if Rangers bring someone else in . . . Sports Direct even!

They have probably pulled in fortunes doing so but at way less profit, so they will hardly be re-stocking any stores that sell out of certain stock!

i just think it's pretty poor when fans make shit up and try and sensationalise the deal :rolleyes:

it was a great deal for the club, a deal we were happy with and gave us a huge income.

Who is we? I wasn't happy with it. I am still not. Our shops and the number of them, was a key part of the great club we had become. Murray sold them off to get himself out of a hole. The lack of brand exposure world wide also proves it wasn't a great deal. JJB stores were stocking more Celtic merchandise than Rangers the UK over.

Who is we? I wasn't happy with it. I am still not. Our shops and the number of them, was a key part of the great club we had become. Murray sold them off to get himself out of a hole. The lack of brand exposure world wide also proves it wasn't a great deal. JJB stores were stocking more Celtic merchandise than Rangers the UK over.

'we' will be Rangers . . . i wasn't talking about you (tu)

JJB Kinnaird park, Edinburgh had 75% off EVERYTHING in store (shutting down) and most of the stuff they had left was only Rangers gear. Not a lot left mind you but T shirts, Jumpers and Jackets could be had from £5-10

I don't think you can speak on behalf of Rangers tbh. We don't even know if Murray was happy with it, he just needed it. (tu)

of course Murray/Rangers were happy, the deal was worth £48 million, who else apart from your man Utd's, Real Madrids etc get this sort of deal?

that deal helped Rangers out big time (in my opinion)

Hi hearing info that we should hold off buying any Rangers items from the club shop until Monday as up until that point JJB will be due the money rather than the club. Just thought we'd pass it on.

Seems odd if true as they put the top for a limited period only down to £25 and £15 for kids.

of course Murray/Rangers were happy, the deal was worth £48 million, who else apart from your man Utd's, Real Madrids etc get this sort of deal?

that deal helped Rangers out big time (in my opinion)

It was £18m up front which went straight to the bank then £3m per year limit on income for the next 10 years. No brand expansion, no worldwide vision, no ambition, nothing. A limited deal at a time when our name in Europe was actually pretty good. If Murray was indeed happy with that then he is exactly the fucking idiot i thought he was. I don't believe for a second the Rangers brand was happy losing all our shops, making so many of the Rangers family redundant and losing our own rights to sell whatever we wanted, where ever we wanted.

It was £18m up front which went straight to the bank then £3m per year limit on income for the next 10 years. No brand expansion, no worldwide vision, no ambition, nothing. A limited deal at a time when our name in Europe was actually pretty good. If Murray was indeed happy with that then he is exactly the fucking idiot i thought he was. I don't believe for a second the Rangers brand was happy losing all our shops, making so many of the Rangers family redundant and losing our own rights to sell whatever we wanted, where ever we wanted.

Ok mate, can i ask you how much profit you think Rangers were making from their own stores before this deal?

Ok mate, can i ask you how much profit you think Rangers were making from their own stores before this deal?

The answer doesn't matter, the club was being run very badly, Murray and Bain had no idea how to maximise profit or expand our brand. They took us from Nike to Diadora for crying out loud.