Police at Ibrox today, No Agenda?

I would not rule out the new owners being behind this. Charles Green and his backers do not care less for any of the suspect 'Rangers Tradition' and may want to get rid of it as soon as possible. When I say 'suspect', I mean any of those that have hit the headlines of late, in a bad way - the new owners want a business with a full potential and no enemies.

you make a very interesting point there. dagnamit. i had alot of pent up anger that i now have to direct elsewhere....i cant think of anything comedic to add to this, so i'll just leave it there.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new era for Rangers and we should grasp this with both hands.

Yes, any people walking past this stand would never be offended but when the scarf makes its way into school or into kids lives, where does it end?

Why should scarves be talking about Tims or Catholics? Can they not be going on about World beaters and Record setters?

I agree that Celtic are just as bad and should be targeted but we have to get our house in order first.

Why are so many police at a 3rd division match anyway!!!

Why are so many police at a 3rd division match anyway!!!

It is my opinion that the Police presence is dictated by ticket sales and expected attendance. It has nothing to do with the league in which the game is being played - all about the foot fall.

We are the Rangers and will always have thousands backing us, so you should always expect a large Police presence.

It is my opinion that the Police presence is dictated by ticket sales and expected attendance. It has nothing to do with the league in which the game is being played - all about the foot fall.

We are the Rangers and will always have thousands backing us, so you should always expect a large Police presence.

Thanks for the answer :) but I was trying to be sarcastic :lol: but it did not work doh Sorry! :uk:

I just had to post my utter disbelief and anger at a pathetic downside of today's wonderful occasion.

The man outside Ibrox who sells alot of scarves and flags etc, who has done so for as long as i can remember was today filmed, his stall and all the items for sale.

He was told to remove scarfs that were seen to unacceptable and were inciting sectarianism and could be offensive. They said if he removed them, they didn't have a problem. He removed it, then the policeman says "...i wont charge you today..."

Everyone around me was dumbfounded, CHARGED??? For selling a scarf that says the word tim on it.

AREN'T THERE REAL CRIMINALS OUT THERE TO BE ARRESTED??

Strange when you think if this was so offensive, I don't remember them filming or removing all those "...the h**s are going bust" scarfs???

Or the hellish banners that Celtic had with the bloody four men of the apocalypse, or more recently us as zombies getting shot??? That was perfectly acceptable, not offensive at all??

Are these same people going to be at Parkhead pulling down the pro-ira rubbish that is sold there?

I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT!!!

I am sorry it was a silly thing on the face of a magnificent day but it made me sick, this double standard is getting out of control.

But there is no agenda against Rangers?

IMG_3188.jpg

Do you know if the trading standards where there or was it just the police? Do you know if anything was actually seized or was it just the police intimidating him. I only ask as I run a few stalls @ various football grounds down here and have had similar hassle about scarves/badges saying 'impolite' things about rivals. Stood my ground and found their claims of incitement were incorrect and they went away. Hope he can stand up to them and find out if his scarves are actually breaching any 'sectarian' laws.

As long as they put the same effort in across the city then fair enough. I'd prefer they were arrested on anti terror legislation and shipped to internment camps with very imaginative interrogation techniques but hey ho.

Stick them in the gauntanamo but no doubt fat Alec would broker a new good Friday agreement when sum taig tries to do a bobby sands tribute act

The thing was it just backfired because all the people around me bought that particular scarf after they left. This is getting ridiculous this sectarian stuff, leave football alone, no-one at Ibrox was offended, Celtic dont even care. Let us enjoy our own stuff, in our own arena, and get back to catching real criminals?

What scarf was it that caused the offence? If i've got it I will wear to the next game,if not i'll buy it :crabflute:

There are less than 1000 Police at a match. As soon as you have know this and that there are 40,000+ of us at a match, then you have to realise that we can only be policed if we CONSENT to being policed. If we refuse to be policed and let them push their agenda upon us then they cannot police us.

Any sensible copper will realise that they cannot push against us too hard if we refuse to be pushed. This can be done in a non-violent way by simply refusing to comply en-mass and raising enough noise when they try to impose their rules on us. Fifty people telling you to GTF at the same time will give most people pause for thought, as the implicit threat of having so many people refusing to comply is threat enough. I have seen coppers beat a retreat when they have realised that they are seriously outnumbered by an organised opponent, resisting in this manner.

A new era for Rangers and we should grasp this with both hands.

Yes, any people walking past this stand would never be offended but when the scarf makes its way into school or into kids lives, where does it end?

Why should scarves be talking about Tims or Catholics? Can they not be going on about World beaters and Record setters?

I agree that Celtic are just as bad and should be targeted but we have to get our house in order first.

Oh go and fucking do one. What a shower of shite. They call themselves Tims and we've not to call them it as it offends.

Attitudes like yours are why we are we are.

Oh go and fucking do one. What a shower of shite. They call themselves Tims and we've not to call them it as it offends.

Attitudes like yours are why we are we are.

Attitudes like mine are what keeps Rangers real. If we all went off on the Catholic hating run, Rangers would be hounded out of football full stop.

The more that walk to the need for change, the better Rangers we leave to our children.

Went to a game last season and my mate got a bit pissed stewards seen him and tried to chuck him out but he passed out or so he says but he fell asleep he was that away wih it that much some copper came over and asked me his name and the usual then the copper said does he have diabetes I said no not clicking on he said it again wih a little wink I said yeah he was taken to hospital to sober up moral of the story not all cops are bad either that or he couldn't be arsed with paperwork but I like to believe he was just a nice copper

I think you will find that the unwashed are very well versed at complaining about anything that takes their fancy. We talk a good game but rarely act upon it. That is the difference. If you are pissed off then complain and complain to the highest authority. Dont go for the local lackey, go for the top man/ woman, take photographs and dont accept them palming you off.

Exactly,they're well schooled in vicTIMhood and complaining.Start will your SMP/MPs about this,at least they have to answer your letters.Strathclyde polis have become the Gestapo :wanker:

Why not forget the name calling on our scarfs as its a waste of good material. I want a scarf that sends out a real message,it would be red white and blue and worded in the middle THE RANGERS FC SCOTLAND and BRITAINS FINEST + THE RULE BRITANIA MOTIF AT BOTH ENDS. Lets see what the police force with no agenda against The Gers do with that scarf. :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

We aren't going on catholic rants we are simply stating this kind of silly incident is an outright waste of police time and yes we should be above it but I'll stick up for my club through all the bigotry, jealously and hypocrisy out there, we have taken it too long. After the game I went to Silverburn and some of the looks at my Ally we don't do walking

t-shirts were pretty sad, glares, etc. I am proud to wear that shirt and support my team through the good times and the bad :uk:

Tim is not an offensive word, selick supporters have always been known as Tims, it's written in books about Glasgow and it's history, it's much the same as calling a hearts fan a jambo.

Tim is not an offensive word but has nothing to do with football, be it in Scotland or anywhere else in the World.

A 'Tim' was the name given to immigrants from Ireland during the War.

We are the sad bastards who have kept this pish going, yet the Irish immigrants in Liverpool have managed to stay away from this term - why?

Tim is not an offensive word but has nothing to do with football, be it in Scotland or anywhere else in the World.

A 'Tim' was the name given to immigrants from Ireland during the War.

We are the sad bastards who have kept this pish going, yet the Irish immigrants in Liverpool have managed to stay away from this term - why?

I would think it's because the Irish immigrants in Liverpool don't have a club that allies itself with the republic and the RC religion.

You say we are the sad bastards that have kept it going but who are "we" Glaswegians? it's a Glaswegian term not a Rangers only term and has as you say been used for many years by Glaswegians even by RC's/plastic paddys themselves.

If some want to see something as offensive they will no matter what term is used.

Let's burn all those offensive books that contain this offensive term.....aye right