TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't meant to be a capital "H"

Most of the lyrics were from an old Gers LP from late sixties.

Does Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) only change with a capital H?

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)

Edit: It changes it regardless, I just tried it.

I always found 'Derrys Walls' a lot more uplifting than 'The Billy Boys'. It gets the crowd going equally as well.

Really? You surprise me. :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet, that the majority of Rangers fans, whilst agreeing that both songs are tremendous, would say TBB is quite simply, the best , and loudest, and most spine tingling song in the world of football.

However, I fully understand your reluctance to be seen to be agreeing with a horrible prick.

Really? You surprise me. :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet, that the majority of Rangers fans, whilst agreeing that both songs are tremendous, would say TBB is quite simply, the best , and loudest, and most spine tingling song in the world of football.

However, I fully understand your reluctance to be seen to be agreeing with a horrible prick.

How come you're not funny anymore?

Not trolling, not being contrary for the sake of it - I'm being honest for once.

Hold that thought.

Its hard, by fuck I know, but genuinely worthwhile in the long run.

Like yourself, I suffer unapologetically from compulsive gobshiting, Keyboard Tourettes even.

Learning when to reign it in is a life skill in itself. Consider it an exercise in self-improvement.

"We should not sing TBB at all"

Can't believe that is A - an option and B- has been voted for 15 times <cr>

I have always fealt that our capitulation over our song encouraged our enemies to regard us as asoft touch and ultimately lead us to where we are.Agreed we had no leadership and Dodgy Dave sold u,s down the river in so many respects.Now however there is a new attitude and bringing back TBB will show the Shiite that no longer will we be fecked about. They have done their worst yet we have 36k+ season ticket holders sign their best players eclipse their tv audiences and are the only show in town. TBB blasting out will finish them and led

Ad hopefully to a long queue for the Erskine Bridge WATP

Possible rewrite would be...

HULLO HULLO WE ARE THE BILLY BOYS

HULLO HULLO YOU'LL KNOW US BY OUR NOISE

WE ARE UP TO OUR KNEES IN *BEEP*

SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE

FOR WE ARE THE BRIGTON DERRY BOYS

Self censorship instead of SFA censorship ;)

Hearing 50,000 Bears go *BEEP* would be hilarious.

In all honesty that last however many times I heard TBB sung by us, it was always:

HULLO HULLO WE ARE THE BILLY BOYS

HULLO HULLO YOU'LL KNOW US BY OUR NOISE

WE ARE UP TO OUR KNEES IN *mumble mumble*

SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE

FOR WE ARE THE BRIGTON DERRY BOYS

So we have a fair majority in favour, and we even have a methodology to implement this change suggested (match day flyering), the next question is how do we go about getting this done/who do we need to speak to to progress this? Appealing here to more networked Bears than I.

Fenian = Irish Terrorist? Whats sectarian in that? The true Billy boys for me.

Your 100% correct but HMA v Daniels means in Salmonds second Reich you will be prosecuted successfully.Unfortunately therefore Fenian is not an option at present therefore rebel is IMO best alternative

I'm not sir the accused name was Daniels but as follows.The Bear was represented by a Thistle fan Bob McDowall at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court and McDowall made a cunt of the case.Possibly he did not really understand the argument properly but as a result Even Donald Findlay couldn't salvage the situation at the Appeal Court.Hence as I say the word Fenian is in law held to be sectarian and if sung can lead to a conviction.For that reason our opinion on it is at present irrelevant meaning to get our song back a change is necessary.As previously posted I reckon the simplest change is to rebel

I'm not sir the accused name was Daniels but as follows.The Bear was represented by a Thistle fan Bob McDowall at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court and McDowall made a cunt of the case.Possibly he did not really understand the argument properly but as a result Even Donald Findlay couldn't salvage the situation at the Appeal Court.Hence as I say the word Fenian is in law held to be sectarian and if sung can lead to a conviction.For that reason our opinion on it is at present irrelevant meaning to get our song back a change is necessary.As previously posted I reckon the simplest change is to rebel

I'm not disputing the legal action that could 'deem' something sectarian.

My comment was purely based on, us the decent Rangers/Protestant supporters of our club to fight against the continued sectarian campaign against our club. Which means never surrendering to the changes in history our haters will endeavor to achieve.

One of my friends emailed me an article a year or so ago which even showed the 'why don't you go home' song was written by an irish man? Has this been on here? Apparently he was taking the micky(pardon the pun) out of our plastic paddies...

Some have changed thr tune over this in recent times, certainly in this thread.

Going from nicely nicely and understanding a situation to what now looks like a total turn around and want it sung pronto and fuck the consequences lol. I'm dubious at some motives of late and I think it's more about feet under the table rather than a real concern of a bear.

I doesn't matter to me what we change that word to,that word one word doesn't make the song,its 50000 Bears screaming HULLO HULLO right at the start that puts the shits up the opposition and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

It really pisses me off that some of the young ones going to the games today don't get to feel the buzz of singing the worlds most intimidating football song! Bring it back! (tu)

I doesn't matter to me what we change that word to,that word one word doesn't make the song,its 50000 Bears screaming HULLO HULLO right at the start that puts the shits up the opposition and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

It really pisses me off that some of the young ones going to the games today don't get to feel the buzz of singing the worlds most intimidating football song! Bring it back! (tu)

I'm afraid unless some can use the banned version its a no go from the off it seems, it's,easy to preach about euphoria created by a song but when you are told it ain't the same by changing a word I'm afraid thr is no hope, which is strange considering its been belted in a mumbled version of late, so the will is thr for sure, someone should take the lead and get it sorted.