TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see the point of changing the words to a song.

It is what it is.

We either sing it as the original or not at all for me.

We could try that but I doubt it would catch on:lol:

Hurrah! Hurrah! We bring the Jubilee.

Hurrah! Hurrah! The flag that makes you free,

So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea,

While we were marching through Georgia.

How the darkeys shouted when they heard the joyful sound,

How the turkeys gobbled which our commissary found,

How the sweet potatoes even started from the ground,

I would love the billy boys to be sung at ibrox again as its our best song ever. Since we will get into shit if we sing the original and the club fined then the rebel blood version seems the best option. The problem we have is getting everyone to sing the rebel blood version. Maybe give out fliers before the game ;) lol

We could try that but I doubt it would catch on:lol:

Hurrah! Hurrah! We bring the Jubilee.

Hurrah! Hurrah! The flag that makes you free,

So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea,

How the darkeys shouted when they heard the joyful sound,

How the turkeys gobbled which our commissary found,

How the sweet potatoes even started from the ground,

i'll sing it. Whos with me?

Singing anything other than "...fenian blood" wouldn't work as many will sing the original...

So why do we hear the mumble mumble at present when it's,sung, I think fans are more aware and open to yhis change than some have us believe, it's not an all or nothing situation imo.

I would be more than happy for us to bring the song book if it could be brought into a state that wouldn't incur the wrath of UEFA, the SFA or the Police (for the sake of the fans being arrested, and the club fines, etc).

But I can only vote no to the poll, because of some of the points previously made, I don't think we could ever get universal buy-in to alternative lyrics.

Actually, would love us to have something as powerful and anthemic as this not mention anyone other than us, but there is no doubting that the power and noise that this created (especially on the big European nights) is a huge loss to the atmosphere. I would love to be able to sing/chant without having any concerns about future repercussions on the club.

If the words are publicized through the big screens, fliers, song books etc then the words will catch on. If we can all get behind this then it WILL work. As the poll appears to be going, people want the song with changed lyrics. That surely shows that it will work.

This

Hullo, Hullo, we are the Billy Boys!

Hullo, Hullo, you'll know us by our noise!

We'll always go and watch our team ... we never walk away

For we are the Rangers Billy boys

That's my entry!

Get it in the Poll! :crabflute:

am quite a traditionalist and im a little bit uncomfortable with and word changes, but theve banned us from singing it. and i fear they would ban us from singing the rebel blood version. this is a good shout :crabflute::clap:

am quite a traditionalist and im a little bit uncomfortable with and word changes, but theve banned us from singing it. and i fear they would ban us from singing the rebel blood version. this is a good shout :crabflute::clap:

Hullo, Hullo, we are the Billy Boys!

Hullo, Hullo, you'll know us by our noise!

We'll always go and watch our team ... we never walk away

For we are the Rangers Billy boys

THIS (tu)

The rebel shit one would be banned as well

up to our knees in fenian blood

up to our knees in rebel blood

It's the same thing... would be banned.

I said it before and will again and again... we HAVE to beat em at their own game.... same rousing song... and wording that CANNOT be used as n evidence against us.

Get it right up em... they'd HATE this song as before, LOUDEST in World footy ringing out at ALL grounds.... and not one bloody thing can they do about it.

Use the grey matter, out-think them.

Some have changed thr tune over this in recent times, certainly in this thread.

Going from nicely nicely and understanding a situation to what now looks like a total turn around and want it sung pronto and fuck the consequences lol. I'm dubious at some motives of late and I think it's more about feet under the table rather than a real concern of a bear.

i cant smell any change of tune .just the odd word. w.a.T.P.

So roughly 90% of people on a Rangers forum would like to see TBB brought back in some form.

Shall we do something about this, or just grumble on about it for eternity?

Is there a way to express our wishes to Mr Green in a sensible manner?

Rebel blood may well eventually get banned, but its legal now and I don't think its easy to claim its against taigs in a court.

Then again, i did hear "were up to our knees in plastic P's (paddies), cos they won't go fucking home'. I don't think that would fly though.

Seriously, rebel blood is good for me, and how on earth would anyone prove anything was said if there was a "few" versions being sung of that small part at the same time...? I would love to see the evidence when 3 or 4 different versions of "fenian blood", "rebel blood", "taigish fuds", "paedo blood" are all.being sung... The phrase prove it comes to.mind