TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

We need to advertise this for a minimum a month as much as possible so that authorities know what words we're singing, because we all know what they will try to do. we need to be VERY VERY clear that we are now singing rebel blood. if someone can arrange flyers to hand out before the games, am sure we could get plenty of volunteers to dish them out. handing the to the polis at the turnstiles as well.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to advertise this for a minimum a month as much as possible so that authorities know what words we're singing, because we all know what they will try to do. we need to be VERY VERY clear that we are now singing rebel blood. if someone can arrange flyers to hand out before the games, am sure we could get plenty of volunteers to dish them out. handing the to the polis at the turnstiles as well.

well said however who creates flyers, takes alot of time and money, thats why i think the ub and tbo should start the come back, not sure why they haven't tried already tbh <cr>

There have been many threads about this, and the current one has been significantly de-railed. I am also curious as to the current mood in general so I am putting this poll up to find out.

I personally believe that we should bring back TBB and use the amended version where the word "fenian" is replaced by the word "rebel" and everything else is left the same.

If we could get a majority of our support to agree to this I believe we may have a chance of bringing it back and keeping it.

There is no doubt at all that it is the best and most powerful chant at our disposal, and probably in all of football, it rallies our team and support like no other.

WE NEED TBB, and I personally think it's worth the effort of convincing the masses to change the objectionable word, to re-instate this great chant.

Hello hello we are the Billy boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

we'll sing the sash and derrys walls surrender or you'll die

We are the Bridgeton Derry boys

I think Limmy and Rangers chat should take this forward with generating finance, printing and distribution.

Why even have 'We should not sing TBB at all' in the poll? 7 people have voted this with no explanation - Wonder who they are? :shifty:

Not singing it is an option, in fact that's the option we as a support have effectively chosen for the last 5+ years, to our shame.

Two thirds of people are saying rebel, so I think we should go with that.

I agree with the other poster that printing flyers with the correct lyrics and handing them out on match days, so that there is no ambiguity about the wording, would be the best way to make this happen.

Not singing it is an option, in fact that's the option we as a support have effectively chosen for the last 5+ years, to our shame.

Two thirds of people are saying rebel, so I think we should go with that.

I agree with the other poster that printing flyers with the correct lyrics and handing them out on match days, so that there is no ambiguity about the wording, would be the best way to make this happen.

OK. Well lets get some action on this rather than leave it consigned to internet forums. Open talks with TBO/UB/and the Club. If we all support this and each other then 'rebel blood' can be the way forward.

I just want to sing