TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

Hello Hello we are the billy boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

No one likes us we don't care

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the Brigton Derry Boys..... :)

This is the whole point of this thread. We can all come up with new words for TBB. But it will never come back unless we all agree on a simple change. I want to sing TBB again!!! :21:

Someday we have to bring it back in all it's glory though!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't sing the original version we shouldn't be singing any version at all imo.

Fuck changing it to please any cunt else.

What punishment will we get? A fine? If it's a fine I'll gladly pay to sing The Billy Boys in ALL it's glory. But if they start chatting shit bout closed door games or closing stands then there's not much we can do :(

Hullo, Hullo, we are the Billy Boys!

Hullo, Hullo, you'll know us by our noise!

We'll always go and watch our team ... we never walk away

For we are the Rangers Billy boys

That's my entry!

Get it in the Poll! :crabflute:

I am with this version

What punishment will we get? A fine? If it's a fine I'll gladly pay to sing The Billy Boys in ALL it's glory. But if they start chatting shit bout closed door games or closing stands then there's not much we can do :(

I think that's the punishment we'll be looking at, along with a fine.

If the fans and club are both affected by the chant in a negative way then it should be left behind, I'm afraid.

Think about the BB, what is it that gets us al;l going? It's the first two words, that's what. HULLO - HULLO... we are That's the bit that does it.

There was a version on an old LP back in the sixties and a combination of some of the lyrics of that and TBB is where we should be going. Tradition is great but we need to move with the times and THE LAW, whether we like it or not.

I'd like to see us sing:

Hullo, Hullo, we are the Rangers boys

Hullo, Hullo, you'll know us by our noise

We follow Glasgow Rangers

Our he*arts are strong and true

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Who cheer the boys in blue.

Think about the BB, what is it that gets us al;l going? It's the first two words, that's what. HULLO - HULLO... we are That's the bit that does it.

There was a version on an old LP back in the sixties and a combination of some of the lyrics of that and TBB is where we should be going. Tradition is great but we need to move with the times and THE LAW, whether we like it or not.

I'd like to see us sing:

Our Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) are strong and true

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Complete wank.

We need to sing it again - Its the best football anthem ever.

Every second club in Britain is singing it - And its our fcukin song

I'm sure some of our clever Bears can can come up with some alternative lyrics that keep us happy and the Club safe from prosecution.

C'mon.. Lets bring OUR song back where it belongs.

If we can't sing the original version we shouldn't be singing any version at all imo.

Fuck changing it to please any cunt else.

It's not to please anybody but ourselves. The song is now illegal, we can't change the law. We can change a word. If we get our song back, it pleases our supporters. Everyone else will hate it. This would most definetly not please others.

I'd like to see us sing:

Our Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) are strong and true

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Probably need to ditch the ''spl feeder club'' bit m8.

Possible rewrite would be...

HULLO HULLO WE ARE THE BILLY BOYS

HULLO HULLO YOU'LL KNOW US BY OUR NOISE

WE ARE UP TO OUR KNEES IN *BEEP*

SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE

FOR WE ARE THE BRIGTON DERRY BOYS

Self censorship instead of SFA censorship ;)

Hearing 50,000 Bears go *BEEP* would be hilarious.

Rebel blood for me!

This has always been a cracker of a song that always made the hair on the back of your neck stand up when in full flow!

We cannot afford to let our club down and risk further fines/sanctions,regardless of what we think and know about the correct meaning for the word fenian.

Rebel blood is a clever term of phrase that best describes them without being sectarian in meaning.

If this is to be a successful campaign to bring back the song then we need the complete backing of everyone conected at Ibrox and especially the Union Bears and the Blue Order. :crabflute:

We just have to be careful that if we do bring back the song with ammended words then everyone has to remember that any slip up in terminology will be picked up and carried by the mhedia and we will be back at square 1 with more trouble for our club!

Most important thing is getting OUR song back.Best football song ever and I hate all the diddly clubs coming to our ground and singing our song while we sit on our hands.In addition the bheasts hate this song as it has always epitomised Rangers and they count it a huge victory we can't sing it.Rebel blood is the simplest change so let's do it and belt it out and watch them squirm knowing they or Salmonds stormstroopers can do hee haw about it