Ally disappointed by result.

ray

ALLY MCCOIST could not hide his disappointment after watching his side exit the Ramsdens Cup following tonight's 4-3 penalty shoot-out defeat to Queen of the South at Ibrox.

The manager thought his side had done enough to secure a victory when Lee McCulloch won a spot kick with 20 minutes left and the skipper slotted the ball past Lee Robinson.

But with both teams had been reduced to ten men following the dismissals of Kevin Kyle and Willie Gibson, Gavin Reilly equalised in injury time to make it 2-2 and take the game to extra time and then the lottery of penalties.

Ally said: “It’s a sore one that’s for sure and we’re really disappointed.

“To lose in the manner we did on penalties was disappointing and I don’t think there was a lot between the teams.

“I thought we probably had done enough after we got the second goal when we were down to ten men.

“We are obviously disappointed in the way we lost the second goal as well.

“Having seen it again a couple of the boys were telling me it was our throw-in and then then the lad looked a yard offside.

“But that aside we should still be defending it better.

“It’s not a wake-up call for me it’s just a massive disappointment.

“We were all aware how difficult the game would be tonight against a good Queen of the South side that are doing well in the league and they also knocked Hibs out of the League Cup.

“But we definitely need to do more in terms of creation with the ball.

“Tonight we didn’t do it as much as we have done in our recent home games.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2231-ally-frustrated-after-defeat

I don’t think there was a lot between the teams.

“It’s not a wake-up call for me it’s just a massive disappointment.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2231-ally-frustrated-after-defeat

The first bit in bold - There was a lot between the teams, they wanted it more, harrassed us, pushed high up the park, retained the ball better, looked quicker, fitter and sharper.

The second bit - :anguish: Maybe the previous games were the wake up call? Yet we haven't done anything to counteract that so obviously they weren't.

If he thinks the inability to keep possession, have any sort of movement, have any sort of creativity and the constant bypass of midfield with a hump up the park, not once or twice, but for an entire game isn't a wake up call then I don't know what to say.

Why can Ally not understand playing one up front against teams like this AT HOME is under no circumstances acceptable. Every time he plays Jig in midfield we struggle as he is far better utilised up front.

That has to be the worst performance in the first half i have witnessed in my lifetime.

Sandaza never won one high ball all night, was gutted for big Kyle as he made a big difference when he came on.

Because he obviosuly hold McCoist in high regard and it hurts him to say what he said..

All supporters hold Ally in high regard, and I am sure Ally accepts any criticism is clearly not personal, how could it be. My point is, the poster should not feel dirty for stating the obvious.

Disappointed? Ally you should have been fuckin' sickened like the rest of us!

Losing to this mob, in this competition, at Ibrox is unacceptable. Do these players realise the expectation they are under?

The sooner Andy Little is back the better because Sandaza and Kyle should be nowhere near this team.

That is the way I see it.

As always I will back Ally, it's the players on the park who win games, not Ally at the sidelines. The sooner the players buck up their fucking ideas and realise they are playing for the World's most successful Club the better.

That's all. Oh aye, and bring on the fuckin' Montrose!!!