***The Official Rangers v Motherwell Thread***

simplythebest

The defence really worries me.

Although Cribari looked a bit better on Sunday, he and Perry look very vulnerable against Division Three sides. Top-of-the-table SPL team naturally wiould cause even more problems. But hopefully it doesn't work out like that.

I'd definitely put Hutton in the midfield with MacLeod if Black can't make it. Surprised he hasn't figured this season.

Any update on Black, do we know?

If Black is in fact out (although I think they'll do their best to make sure he's fit) I think McCoist will move McCulloch back into midfield for that bit of dig that will be absent with Black. And as much as I hate to say it, Sandaza will probably start up front. He's not impressed me at all tonight, but who knows, up against SPL opposition might bring him to life.

If Sanzada is starting, the key is getting the support to him. I've little doubt that we'll start with one up front, like at QOS, and although Sandaza was a bit of a scapegoat for that game, he was completely isolated. Getting next to no support whilst playing one up front simply isn't going to work, and it didn't until we changed things about. The likes of Shiels and McKay need to be getting into the areas where they can play off Sandaza, because despite his height, Sandaza isn't your typical centre forward. He's much more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

As for the defence it is a bit more difficult. I have the faith that we actually have the quality going forward, but I don't think I'm the only one who simply doesn't trust our defence. They've looked shaky, and have found it almost impossible to keep a clean sheet. Don't expect one tonight, but hopefully it doesn't turn into a battle over who can score the most goals over 3.

Genuinely don't know what to expect from tonight. It could be 3-1 to us, or 3-1 to them and I'd be barely surprised either way. A much more solid display is needed though. The utmost professionalism is without doubt a necessity to see this one through.

I fear people may be right that McCulloch will be moved back into midfield tonight, unfortunately there is a history of it. If we don't carry a credible goal threat it allows them to commit more to attack and any long ball played will be mopped up and come straight back, even though we played less of them last time out.

Also please not sandaza on his own up front. As stated earlier I'd go 4,5,1 with two out and out wingers to start with and run the legs off their lot, then bring on more creative players.

Whilst it would be great to put one over on the spl leaders the league must remain our main priority and if there is any doubt over black he shouldn't play, IMO anyway.

I fear people may be right that McCulloch will be moved back into midfield tonight, unfortunately there is a history of it. If we don't carry a credible goal threat it allows them to commit more to attack and any long ball played will be mopped up and come straight back, even though we played less of them last time out.

Also please not sandaza on his own up front. As stated earlier I'd go 4,5,1 with two out and out wingers to start with and run the legs off their lot, then bring on more creative players.

Whilst it would be great to put one over on the spl leaders the league must remain our main priority and if there is any doubt over black he shouldn't play, IMO anyway.

If Sandaza's starting, I feel he needs someone right in behind him. He was completely useless against QOS because he was so isolated. I'm not his biggest fan, but when Kyle came on, he brought a new dimension to the game. He's able to win the ball in the air, hold it up and bring others into play. I'm not claiming he should start instead, but if we're trying to keep the midfield solid, and just start one up top on his own, I'd probably edge towards Kyle for that. That's if he's fit enough, of course.

Edit: Just realised he might be banned for this actually.

Back from university, beer bought, scarf on - ready for the scalp of the season. Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time and, whatever happens tonight, nor have I been so overwhelmingly aware of just how lucky I am to be a bear. It's always been true, but I'm becoming very conscious of the fact that there really isn't another club quite like the famous Glasgow Rangers. We really are simply the best.

Nah don't get it on digital. Cheers anyway, I'll find it somewhere!7325.gif

If you find it online mate can you let me know, I'm in London and will need to rely on streaming it from somewhere. It will make a change from the usual stuff I stream when in a hotel if you get my drift! :wanker::D