That chap leggo again.

ray

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

NEW DAILY RECORD AND RENNIE REVELATIONS

PANIC swept across the Daily Record editorial floor yesterday after my exclusive revelations that Record editor Allan Pussy Rennie was ready to meet the cowardly anonymous Celtic bigots behind the Rangers Tax Case blog.

And perhaps even offer those bigots the chance to write a blog on the Daily Record's own website.

The newspaper grapevine went into overdrive when my revelations appeared here and even hacks from other newspapers, who were in Moscow, were in on the news as Pussy Rennie’s day off plans were shot down and the now seriously under pressure Record editor had to make a dash to the office.

And with that panic now gripping the Record, as Pussy Rennie goes into meltdown, now would be a good time for Rangers supporters to organise and turn up the heat on Rennie.

Before, that is, Pussy Rennie offers a job to his Glasgow born, Newcastle based Mirror Newspapers Group colleague Brian Patrick McNally, who last night declared that Rangers were cheats.

That was just the latest in a long line of insults hurled at Rangers and their fans by Sunday Mirror sports writer Brian Patrick McNally, one of Philmacgiollabhain's pals.

Such a thought would have been crazy a few months ago. But after the revelations that Rennie has been in touch with the Celtic bigots on the Rangers Tax Case blog, the Record editor has created a whole new ball game.

Therefore, before he can make matters worse, now we would be the perfect time for Rangers supporters to concentrate their minds and their efforts on exposing just what sort of bigots Pussy Rennie is willing to grovel to.

For any hint at a properly organised boycott of the paper by Rangers supporters could see Pussy Rennie’s reign as editor become the shortest in that newspaper’s history.

As one pal of mine on another paper made clear to me, a Daily Record hack told him the paper has had a number of muppets sitting in the editorial chair in recent years, but Allan Pussy Rennie is the biggest muppet of them all.

Good, honest, hardworking, unbiased, decent and highly professional journalists who work for Daily Record – and there are many – now fear for the survival of the paper under Rennie.

For if the Record goes under they will lose their jobs.

The only thing which can save the Record and save Rennie is if Rangers supporters fail to muster, fail to channel all their energies and fail to turn their big guns on to the Record over Rennie’s clear indication that he was willing to talk about giving a blog on the official Record website to the Celtic bigots who cower in anonymity behind the Rangers Tax Case blog.

That was just the latest example of how Rennie will not stand up to anyone who stands up to him.

You see, hacks from all papers talk to each other. Tittle tattle is the life blood of journalism and according to my mole on another paper who has heard the gossip, Rennie he came close to issuing a grovelling apology to Peter Lawwell over a story in the Record.

Even though the exclusive story was correct and even though he knew it was correct.

That was the occasion which earned him the nickname of Pussy and I can now reveal that he was branded as such by a Celtic supporting news hack on the paper who views the editor with complete contempt.

Pussy Rennie is a man with a thumb on the Twitter trigger. But an editor who does not have his finger on the pulse.

Now Hampden sources have whispered to me that they think they are ready to put Pussy Rennie under the thumb of Stewart Regan and Peter Lawwell's Scottish Football Association.

For the SFA reckon Rennie is a soft touch and they are believed to be ready to turn up the pressure on him to start kowtowing to Peter Lawwell's pal, Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan, and get Rennie to force the Record to clamp down on any criticism, however justified, of Regan and Lawwell’s SFA.

AND....

RANGERS fans are counting down the days until October 10, after I named it as a red, white and blue letter day for them.

I must now make two points. One which I made at the time, but which seems to have been overlooked. The news will not be earth shattering.

I thought I had made that clear at the time, but obviously some folk had missed the element of tease.

And the date has now been changed. To October 24th.

posted by leggoland @ 07:06

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A boycott of the Daily Rebel was called for by a certain fans' publication of this parish more than a decade ago - we ran that theme in every issue for years - and still Rangers supporters bought it in their numbers.

I seriously doubt Leggat will have any more succes than we did.

You can lead a horse to water.......... :(

A boycott of the Daily Rebel was called for by a certain fans' publication of this parish more than a decade ago - we ran that theme in every issue for years - and still Rangers supporters bought it in their numbers.

I seriously doubt Leggat will have any more succes than we did.

You can lead a horse to water.......... :(

This ! :sherlock:

leggo cant be serious - we cant s=just start boycotting a newspaper everytime there are rumours they might be posting some fucking blog.

the only way boycotts ever have any credence is due to their legitamecy.

Liverpools boycott of the Sun worked - and we know why - look how the sun have been made to look this last month. Our threatened boycott worked, and again, look why, the Sun had to backtrack big time, because we knew we were in the right when they planned on publishing the work of a bigot.

But to boycott a paper because there are rumours of a blog that the daily record may or may not run with?

for the 'record' i dont buy it anyway, only time i end up on their site is when some breaks news on here and posts the link.

Ray banned (no not the sunglasses)

His latest thread was just a mind scratcher for me. Seemed an intelligent guy so ruled out most of the tarriers, but his post history was just littered with odd negative stories about Rangers.

Personally I had him down as a Dundee Utd fan or something.

His latest thread was just a mind scratcher for me. Seemed an intelligent guy so ruled out most of the tarriers, but his post history was just littered with odd negative stories about Rangers.

Why the ban-hammer now though....I thought his latest stuff has been positive!? :lol:

Good an irritating troll at best, a taig or sheep supporting obsessive at worst. Glad to see that hes gone.

C'mon, what is he banned for!!!!

Yeah he was negative at times, but, like Gunslinger he was good for posting up to the minute news.

Posting a PM from a Mod on the forum, along with a tirade of abuse. Not fussed how good he is at posting up to date news, that'll get anyone banned.

Posting a PM from a Mod on the forum, along with a tirade of abuse. Not fussed how good he is at posting up to date news, that'll get anyone banned.

Ahhh didnt know that, ok, gues its up to me now to make the morning headlines........

then again..........is that safe??? :craphead:

That thread might have been edited a bit...

You're kidding me editing a thread to ban a guy who told it warts and all, that really is something I would expect of FF not hear. Guy was a good source of information from what I read, maybe some thought he was stealing their limelight. (td)

You're kidding me editing a thread to ban a guy who told it warts and all, that really is something I would expect of FF not hear. Guy was a good source of information from what I read, maybe some thought he was stealing their limelight. (td)

Eh? <cr>

I edited it to remove his tirade of abuse and the PM he posted. I then deleted the thread. What is it you would have expected of 'hear?' :unsure: