The Post Match Wake

Shootinfishin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to be objective here so bear with me,i think the problem may be so simple ally hasn't picked up on it,a lot of these parks are much NARROWER than we're used to,if the players are training on larger playing surface day in day out then going to a smaller pitch then passes will go astray all day long,much like when the moustached maestro changed the park against Kiev,it could be this simple

did everyone think we were gonna walk the 3rd div . we were always gonna lose a game or 2 . no need for panic . im behind ally 100%,

Didnt think we'd walk it but thought we would beat basically the worst team in scotland easily,half ther team work in asda ffs!

3 draws and 1 loss in our four away games, how long does it take before it's the norm?

Probably longer than seven games into the season, eh?

140 years of success weighed against four games - yes, you're absolutely fucking right, we're a tiny club now, and it's terminal. Let's all throw ourselves into the Clyde.

What is wrong and how can we sort it out!??? I personally think a complete new system needs to be put in place from top to bottom! Following the Ajax way! Now is the time for us to do it! I want to see proper football being played at home and away! Although we have won trophies in the last few years I still found the standard of football on show to be extremely poor! With the exception of the odd game!

Ally you will be an incredible ambassador for the club.......but sadly not a manager!!

It wouldnt have matter who was managing today a monkey could have managed today and we still should have beat that team,the management should have been irrelevant today ,that team is simply not good enough the players arent up to par and should be ashamed of themselves any rangers team should have beat our opposition today the under 16's should be capable of that ,our players need to think seriously if they are at the right club because a defeat like that is never acceptable it doesnt matter what tactics we were playing the players should have the ability to win these games and considering the wages some of them are on it should be a walk in the park to annihalate these teams,Ally needs to take some of the blame but that shambles of a team let him down unless ally pulled on his boots and went and played i dont think there would be any other outcome.Theyve Let Themselves down,Theyve let Ally down,Theyve let the Fans Down and Theyve let the club down,

They should all been fined a weeks wages and made to train with the kids until they realise what it means to be a ranger

What action can Charles take to sort this out ?

I believe Ally is genuinely trying his hardest and as a spokesman he is an ideal ambassador for us, but as a manager the team and the results do not stand close scrutiny.

I know that there are things aginst us we cannot control, the lack of pre-season training, the gelling of the team, the other teams being up for it against Rangers, and the apparent lack of correct decision making and profesional behaviour by the referees in some games, but we are the most experienced and well payed team in this division and frankly it is now embarrasing.

As for the back-up from the coaching staff I believe this is probably where the main problem is coming from.

Sometimes their body language is non-existant, are they getting their message across, do they realise they are on borrowed time, or even not 100% behind Ally. If so it is time to get rid.

I cannot decide whether an experienced "Director of Football" would be best or an "assistant manager" should be brought in to take charge of team affairs, allowing Ally to concentrate on what he does best, representing our club and dealing with the media.

Either way Charles, in my opinion needs to make a decision....

On the players. No fucking days off, extra training,no fucking tweets from players saying about getting half days and going into town and no more excuses. Every one of them should be made fully aware of how much they are letting the club and fans down. They have got it way too fucking easy. We seriously need someone in there to kick some arse

Really? I thought we were a third division side that would have gone top with a win today. And a third division side who beat the SPL leaders the other day. So that must make us giant-killers I suppose.

Away and chase yourself. If you want fantasies and miracles, fuck off to Disneyland. If you thought this was going to be easy, that's your fault, not Ally's.

Well said mate,some fans need to get this shite out their heads that this league be a walk in the park.

Ally McCoist was an amazing player and put a smile on my face many a time and ally does love our Club to the core. I believe Ally will resign on his own accord purely because he cares and does listen to the fans. Ally will do the right thing as he's one of us.

Faure's passing was shite in more than just this game. Ally should have taken him off instead of Aird.

If Ally throws away his 'tactics for first time mangers' book and plays the guys that are doing well, we might improve a bit.

Just how much, we'll have to wait and see what he does next.

Probably longer than seven games into the season, eh?

140 years of success weighed against four games - yes, you're absolutely fucking right, we're a tiny club now, and it's terminal. Let's all throw ourselves into the Clyde.

I'll keep myself dry - you're right of course, panic such a short time after monumental change helps nothing. Not that I mind the panic-merchants going for a dip if they feel so inclined.

Let Stirling Albion be the last reminder required to any and all who thought we would not have very difficult days.

The problems, which have hindered us for a lot longer than todays result, need to be addressed.

The issue is entirely down to our standard of football, coaching and tactics. We are rank. The majority of games it's cagey, tight and we make the other team look good with long, aimless humps. When we do play well (See Motherwell) we have the ball kept firmly on the deck, we pass and move, we press, we hassle, we retain possession and you think '' yes!!!! Fuck me!!! We have it. We have finally clicked, we are a football team....'' then next week it's back to the good ol' traditional punt up the park. :anguish:

When we play well - you'd think the coaching team and Ally would think '' actually, it's a lot easier when we keep the ball and move teams around.'' We look crisp and tidy yet it's clearly not a priority as we don't develop the good parts of our play. Baffling.

I'm at a loss. This was our chance to change and catch up with modern European football... yet here we are

Midfield was a joke, two defensive midfielders and a 17 yr old who has played a couple of games. If your going to play one up front we need to pass the ball more and get some support to him quicker, impossible with the midfield we played today.

At the end shiels tried to support jig but nobody took his place in midfield until mckay took it upon himself to come in which left nobody on the right. So many things wrong today, players look confused at lacking in inspiration what to do because they are out of position.

Even with templeton and little out we still have the players but management refuse to trust them and shoehorn players into positions they are not comfortable in. Poor Argyriou a CB who has given his all as a RB and made a no bad job of it now being expected to play right wing, get a grip.

Also.....there are about 10 threads slating ally after every bad result.

But maybe one or two congratulating him when we have a good result. The man is in a lose lose situation.

We beat motherwell and he got very very little credit. " the players fired themselves up" was all i heard.

Any time we drop points, the blame lies fully at Allys feet. It's a fucking joke. The sense of entitlement from some fans is ridiculous.

we have the second biggest wage bill in scottish football gogzy, if the players getting they wages arent good enough then the managers needs to accept blame for signing them

the sense of entitlement comes from the fact that we have arguably the second best squad in scottish football at this very time, yet mccoist cannot utilise this squad to beat the current worst team in scottish football

how do you explain

a right back at right mid

a centre half at right back

our best striker back into midfield when we needed a goal

bringing on kevin kyle

4 actions that are all ally, no one else

Even with templeton and little out we still have the players but management refuse to trust them and shoehorn players into positions they are not comfortable in. Poor Argyriou a CB who has given his all as a RB and made a no bad job of it now being expected to play right wing, get a grip.

Hi is actually a RB/CB so he can play both and has played both before he ever came here. Believe it or not some players actually can play more than 1 position, although I agree he is never a right mid/winger.

In terms of where we go from here, I think it is imperative we start playing players in their natural positions and likewise play the players who are on form (dropping hutton baffled me). As much as we can certainly look at Ally in terms of tactics and team shape (which were all over the place)...The players have to take a long hard look at themselves in terms of their own motivation.

The truth is we werent as bad today as we have been so far away from home but how many clear cut chances did we create...we really seemed to lack ideas. I have said it more than once but bringing in some new coaches with a different approach will do us no harm at all...we need to do something in terms of a tactical/coaching approach as we cant go out and improve the team with signings.

Football is a simple game over complicated by tactics at times but you still need to have a plan A, B and then C (direct)...we dont seem to have that diversity. I hope and I want Ally to get it right but if results like these continue then it will be harder and harder to put up a case for him moving forward.