The Deserters- Can/Will they make it up to us in the future?

OlegKuznetsov

Will the likes of Naismith (especially him), McGregor and McCabe, sometime in the future, when we're back at the top, hold out for a free transfer to Rangers in order to make amends?

Would you forgive such a player?

This is a difficult one for me, since I can accept them not wanting to play in Division 3, but still feel they should all have left the club after agreeing TUPE, in order to generate some cash for us, even though the SFA/SPL would almost certainly have tried to steal it, again.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I'd rather have people who have stuck by this club representing us on the pitch.

Yes the ability of those who ditched us was never in question but there is aline you do not cross as a Ranger and those names in the OP cut that line beyond repair.

They can look on in years to come and be forever ashamed to be known as the Ibrox deserters.

I wish Rangers fans would let go of this. A few footballers made what they thought was the correct career options.

Footballers are never fans the way we are.

I agree.

Plus, we do not think in terms of a very short career span, do we?

How could we?

why do you say those 2 out of interest?

Don't know, if I'm honest. McCabe I could almost understand why he left. McGregor I still believe to this day that he didn't want to, and I feel something went on behind the scenes.

Naismith just grabbed the cash and ran, whore.

I don't see the point in differentiating between Paysmith and the rest.

They all did exactly the same to us, why is he treated different. They're all dicks, end of.

So what if he spent more time on the treatment table, that's just the way it goes.

I'll blame him for deserting but not for being injured.

I wish Rangers fans would let go of this. A few footballers chose what they thought were the correct career options.

So how do you explain or describe the players who did stay, Neil Alexander for example ?

I don't see the point in differentiating between Paysmith and the rest.

They all did exactly the same to us, why is he treated different. They're all dicks, end of.

So what if he spent more time on the treatment table, that's just the way it goes.

I'll blame him for deserting but not for being injured.

You must have short memory it was him that said Rangers no longer exist.Wouldn't let him in a stand never mind a strip.

I wish Rangers fans would let go of this. A few footballers chose what they thought were the correct career options.

Of course they aren't....look at Kris Boyd as a great example of that BUT the main reason for disgust from the fans ISN'T that they wanted to look after their career it is that they didn't transfer over their contracts, i mean lets face it the release clauses they had inserted in their contracts during administration meant they could have left for a nominal fee, just think what fees these guys would have commanded pre admin.