Sir walter invited on board

If Walter wants it he can have it, Ally also wants it, most of the support want it, i can see why Walter would want to come back but equally i can see why he wouldnt with enjoying retirement and the madhouse thats circled our club recently. Whatever Walter decides is good enough for me.

my thoughts exactly

I was just about to post that.

Why does Charles Green always talk about Charles Green.

Yes, it's another unbearable inconvenience for the support to try and handle. They are already trying to negotiate the no-suit fiasco imposed by Ally, now this ? "Third person-gate" ?

Walter doesn't want this, he deserves to spend his twilight years with his family away from bluster of Scottish football. He has done more than anyone could have asked him to do over the years for us.

Enjoy your retirement Walter and will look forward to you cheering us on at Ibrox as always.

You speak as if he's just retired from a 30 year stint with the Navy Seals. I don't buy into that shit, what could be more comforting than help guide the ship of your beloved club? Sitting at home worrying whats going to happen ?

If Walter has any sense he will take this position.

Be great if true, would also like John Greig to return after leaving the way he did we should have trusted that Whyte wasn't the right man in charge.

Why did Greig never come out and say what he thought about Whyte? I think people would have listened to him if he thought Whyte was no good.

Why did Greig never come out and say what he thought about Whyte? I think people would have listened to him if he thought Whyte was no good.

I think most people would have taken more notice of John Greig than they would have of A J,that's for sure.

If Walter wants to come back he will but i think he's enjoying retirement for now.

He lives and breaths football and Rangers, no doubt after a few years he may miss it but for now he should just be left to enjoy retirement.

Few times Green has mentioned this, would rather he just left it and stopped saying it.

AJ and Bain, the two money guys were sending out warnings and letters - who would have listened to Greig on a financial basis - there were enough threads and posts saying he should never have been a director anyway... and other such ya da ya da shite.

.. oh I get it - its like McCoist is a better manager in a suit! :rolleyes: and how Green talks makes him a better CEO. Cool!

I have never said anything about Sir Super's choice of matchday attire. It has no relevance to how he does his job. Referring to yourself in the third person is cringeworthy and makes one look like a dick so its not something I would want our CEO to be doing.

But anyway back on topic. I would certainly want Walter involved in some capacity but only if it was something he wanted to do and if it was going to benefit the club. If there are ways in which he can help and move us forward then by all means make the approach but please dont do it as a token gesture or as a crowd pleasing measure as I'm sure Walter would not want that.

Having Walter working back at the club in some capacity would be fantastic .I'm sure there is a role for him somewhere . Would make a fantastic ambassador .Represents everthing positive about Rangers .I also would like to so see if roles could be found for Gordon Smith and John Greig if possible . Even if John Greig just helped with the matchday hospitality.

walter would be an invaluable asset to the board, who by their own admission need help with understanding football and the "peculiarities" of the football culture in scotland. but I cant see him taking it as he knows exactly the pressure it would put on ally having him round the club in a official capacity, as pointed out earlier esp if we're in a sticky patch, walter wouldnt put himself or ally in that position. such is the measure of the man.

brilliant to see walter at games even his presence brings its own reassurance, as well as his seemingly positive relationship with charles. , and knowing that he's only a phonecall away for either charles or ally should they need his input is enough.