Mike Ashley

stuart54

At the Presentation in the Ibrox suite 4th Oct.

Charles Green was asked if he would name the Stadium Sports Direct like St James Park. No, but something subtle like I.brox which has value without taking anything away from Rangers.

Perhaps he needs reminded of this.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we need all the money we can get but I hate the thought of our magnificent home being linked to such a tacky down-market company that deals in cheap shite.

It's a sign of how poorly Scottish football is regarded if this is the best we can attract.

doh.

The ONLY reason MA is considering this is because he is a shareholder, and his sports direct brand is already stocking all our gear.

It's not like a random outsider is looking to make a fast buck. The sports direct deal seems good for Rangers ( better than JJB imo) and if we can bring in even more money by changing the name of the stadium ( for a short time) then I am all for it.

I want the strongest Rangers possible when we get back to the top flight, and to do that we will need a lot of working capital.

At the Presentation in the Ibrox suite 4th Oct.

Charles Green was asked if he would name the Stadium Sports Direct like St James Park. No, but something subtle like I.brox which has value without taking anything away from Rangers.

Perhaps he needs reminded of this.

As I've said before, a lot of the time he talks utter shite just to appease the fans.

Large amount of fans fall for it

Don't know what to make of this, more money in equals a much brighter future but I'd boke if Ibrox was splattered with that huge Sports Direct logo. As someone said above, why can't Apple sponsor us? It would be perfect! iBrox Stadium... :drool:

Don't know what to make of this, more money in equals a much brighter future but I'd boke if Ibrox was splattered with that huge Sports Direct logo. As someone said above, why can't Apple sponsor us? It would be perfect! iBrox Stadium... :drool:

Apple doesn't need the advertising. Would never happen.

They aint going to give us £30 million ffs.

We are banned from Europe for 3 years and are in Div 3 in Scotland...who is going to throw millions at that?

Think about it...

our revival os one of the hottest topics in the world right now. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

our revival os one of the hottest topics in the world right now. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

Mate do you honestly think we are going to get that kind of money when we are playing against the bottom clubs in Scottish football?

I'd understand if we were in the SPL and fighting in Europe but the amounts being branded about are just not realistic considering where we are in our revivial.

and Centerparcs when we played in France and Switzerland. :sherlock:

Centreparcs where part of the same amalgamation as S&N Brewries, it was something to do with an alcohol ban in them coutries if I remember rightly.

Waverly station in Edinburgh had it's name changed by Scotrail for the timetables, the arguement being that folks wouldn't know where/what it was. Everyone I speak to still call it Waverly, even though it's down as Edinburgh in timetables, and electronic signs.

"That which we know by Ibrox would contain just as successful a team by any other word" to paraphrase the bard.

if its renamed then todays generation will call it Ibrox, but our kids and their kids will start to call it something else as the new name starts to hit the mainstream via satnav, google maps and the like.

How many Bolton fans of aged 12 remember or even know of Burnden Park? The Reebock is a new stadium but the premise is the same - the old name will gradually be forgotten.

Somethings can be sold for cash - I dont think this should be one of them.

Today its the stadium name, tomorrow its the team name - IMO Its only a matter of time before arsenal are renamed "The Emerites Arsenal FC"

I actually got a bit of a whiff when he made his 39th post

Oh, I'm friggin sorry mate if I don't spend my life sitting in front of a keyboard. Point is.....I'm 51 years old and I've been going to Ibrox since I was 8 years old. It's always been Ibrox to me and I would not take kindly to some Geordie fella coming in and trying to rename MY stadium!! Fcuk his money if he wants to do that, I will not PROSTITUTE my club for any amount of money.

I also take great exception to guys like you who accuse people of being taigs just because they have an alternative view to you. I might not have an equivalent number of posts as you, but I happen to have a life outside of my pc. So fuck you, mate. W.A.T.P.

Oh, I'm friggin sorry mate if I don't spend my life sitting in front of a keyboard. Point is.....I'm 51 years old and I've been going to Ibrox since I was 8 years old. It's always been Ibrox to me and I would not take kindly to some Geordie fella coming in and trying to rename MY stadium!! Fcuk his money if he wants to do that, I will not PROSTITUTE my club for any amount of money.

I also take great exception to guys like you who accuse people of being taigs just because they have an alternative view to you. I might not have an equivalent number of posts as you, but I happen to have a life outside of my pc. So fuck you, mate. W.A.T.P.

Fair play