The Daily Record and Rangers Fans

bluechip

I urge all Rangers fans who buy the Daily Record to cease from giving this bigoted rag any more of their hard earned money. That article about Stokes should have been front page headlines, the fact that it is not should tell you everything you want to know about their editor IMO.

Please stop buying it.

Ohhh goody, another call for boycotting a paper.

I must adhere to this one because it must be the 5,000th such call and therefore worthy of respect, unlike all the other calls for boycotts which were just a joke.

I will read what I like, when I like & how I like ... deciding to read/buy these papers makes me no less of a Rangers fan than if I didn't buy/read them.

Can I ask, if these papers don't exist, where do you expect to get your information on the worlds/local happenings. The internet maybe free (for now) but it won't remain so if these journals are not supported in some way, reporters don't just write for fun ... they do need paid, lke the rest of us.

A free press, while laudible, is an impossible dream.

I must adhere to this one because it must be the 5,000th such call and therefore worthy of respect, unlike all the other calls for boycotts which were just a joke.

I will read what I like, when I like & how I like ... deciding to read/buy these papers makes me no less of a Rangers fan than if I didn't buy/read them.

Can I ask, if these papers don't exist, where do you expect to get your information on the worlds/local happenings. The internet maybe free (for now) but it won't remain so if these journals are not supported in some way, reporters don't just write for fun ... they do need paid, lke the rest of us.

Tell me where yae get your free internet mate, al need to get that sorted

So your approach is feed the enemy that attacks you?

There are other newspapers or do you find them to intelligent to read?

So your approach is feed the enemy that attacks you?

There are other newspapers or do you find them to intelligent to read?

According to the appointed few (who appointed you/them I'll never know) the press, in genera are a rabid lot, all signed up to the republican cabal and all have it in for the club, so who, may I ask, do you deign it appropriate for me to read ?

I take my views from reading a broad specturm of people & publication then deciding who/what to believe & who/what to throw in a mental rubbish heap.

According to the appointed few (who appointed you/them I'll never know) the press, in genera are a rabid lot, all signed up to the republican cabal and all have it in for the club, so who, may I ask, do you deign it appropriate for me to read ?

I take my views from reading a broad specturm of people & publication then deciding who/what to believe & who/what to throw in a mental rubbish heap.

Great thing about this country m8...we have choice.

I wouldn't try to stop you from reading anything you wish, however I wouldn't recommend giving hard earned cash to a publication that continues an agenda against us.

Traynor will tell all eventually I've no doubt.

By all means buy what you like but the internet will remain free as a result of advertising revenue, the cost of a paper is heavily subsidised for the same reason.

Why anyone would want to buy 12 hours old news is totally beyond me.

But there you go we are all different I suppose.

I only ever see the rhebel or the liam when I am in either:

a) the barbers

b) My old Dear's pad

I can say with neither fear or favour they are a pile of pish. I actually cannot believe they are purchased by living, breathing, intelligent people. But there you go, each to their own.

Surely it's the choice of the individual of which rag to read.

I stopped reading any of them years ago as they all have their own angle on what they report, be it football or politics or whatever. It's never ever unbiased reporting, ever.

So my choice is that I choose not to buy any at all.

On saying that the Rhecord is a disgusting rag, more disgusting than most others.

I only ever see the rhebel or the liam when I am in either:

a) the barbers

b) My old Dear's pad

I can say with neither fear or favour they are a pile of pish. I actually cannot believe they are purchased by living, breathing, intelligent people. But there you go, each to their own.

Not a very nice way to talk about your old dear !

The whole point of a boycott is to make them treat us with more respect or risk the loss of thousands of sales. If all bears boycotted we would not have to endure the one sided attack on our club.

I bought my last record today.

Traynors resignation was all i needed to know. We wont find any fair or honest print in that rhag from now on. The stokes story, or lack of it, is proof of that.

The factual theory. Why would anyone buy a paper which hates them and hates what they love? Have a bit of sense. This club has many enemies.

Yes indeed we do. But comparing this to the Nazi's is rather ridiculous (my mothers family were practically wiped out as they were Austrian Jews). I agree with you that we shouldn't line the pockets of any of our detractors , just not a fan of the Nazi comments, as we are in a world that nowhere near resembles that of Nazi Europe. Yes some hate us, but we hate them back.

The OP isn't telling folks to stop buying them, he is asking because of the Stokes thing, and IMHO I agree with him.

Dropping the story is an obvious ploy to make it not heard and hope it goes away, I never did buy it and defo won't be buying it from

now on, it is up to each person what they buy but IMHO I couldn't touch it and cannot see why any other bear would but that's my opinion.

These scum don't care what you say about them, the only way to hurt them is to do it by hurting their pocket and maybe after a while

the ones who own the paper will replace them with someone who has no bias.

Ive always said Rangers don't expect and favours we only expect fairness and we can see the DR does not have that.

The OP isn't telling folks to stop buying them, he is asking because of the Stokes thing, and IMHO I agree with him.

Dropping the story is an obvious ploy to make it not heard and hope it goes away, I never did buy it and defo won't be buying it from

now on, it is up to each person what they buy but IMHO I couldn't touch it and cannot see why any other bear would but that's my opinion.

These scum don't care what you say about them, the only way to hurt them is to do it by hurting their pocket and maybe after a while

the ones who own the paper will replace them with someone who has no bias.

Ive always said Rangers don't expect and favours we only expect fairness and we can see the DR does not have that.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/footballer-anthony-stokes-joins-real-1460802

this.

Its still there.

The paper is anti Rangers and anti British. Why would any Rangers fan buy it?

Actually, the paper supports the labour party, or what's left of it and vehmently anti SNP, so I'd say, politically, it's very British.

I buy it only on a Monday, mainly for the match reports, which are crap, but I enjoyed reading Traynor.

I expect to buy it less and less over the months ahead, but information has to come from more than one source, to help get a balanced, overall view.

It looks like the Rangers official site and forums is going to be the only place to get any info on my club.