Boycott Poll

Jamie0202

Dundee United Boycott  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay. With all the threads on boycotting this fixture thought I would make a poll. Votes are not public. So are you for or against a boycott?

• For a boycott
    • Against a boycott
    • Undecided

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are worried about our club losing money with a boycott (even though it is pennies in the grand scheme of things), then to make up for it they could buy someone else a ticket for our next home game where all the money will go to our club.

Don't want to give THEM the money but I think the team will need our support so if I get a ticket ill be there. I think the best option is for fans to go but don't buy food, drinks or programmes etc pay for the ticket which rangers will receive a percentage of gates and that's it.

If we keep saying "now is the wrong time the team needs our support" there will never be a right time.

We need to "strike" now while there back stabbing actions are fresh in everyones minds....

Teach em a lesson..!

If we keep saying "now is the wrong time the team needs our support" there will never be a right time.

We need to "strike" now while there back stabbing actions are fresh in everyones minds....

Teach em a lesson..!

The trouble is we won't get a 100% boycott. I remember the last "boycott" of them after the rained off match. Everyone screamed boycott I watched it on tv and there was still plenty of bears there.

The trouble is we won't get a 100% boycott. I remember the last "boycott" of them after the rained off match. Everyone screamed boycott I watched it on tv and there was still plenty of bears there.

I'm sorry to say your right, just wish we could be unified for once. :(

We didn't have much time then. This time we've been talking about boycotting for months, if we don't come up with the goods we will risk being seen as a laughing stock.

We didn't have much time then. This time we've been talking about boycotting for months, if we don't come up with the goods we will risk being seen as a laughing stock.

I would hate not getting to support the team but if a boycotts agreed them hopefully it gets 100% backing

I would hate not getting to support the team but if a boycotts agreed them hopefully it gets 100% backing

I think it is agreed.

It's just the internet taigs and the contrarians who are holding out.

But ultimately imo it is an individual, not a collective decision. I have decided not to go, but I have no control over anybody else.

Completely agree. Did you watch the clip?

I never watched the clip.. And to be fair have no idea what clip you mean.. I have followed Rangers for 40 years.. I'm never a bad person.. Just don't suffer fools gladly.. And the DU are fools who should be boycotted.. If this was a home game i'd be there and loving every minute.. But we absolutely must boycott this game... Rangers now.. Then.. And forever

I completely understand the thinking of "the team needs us", but.

The team would be DEAD, Ibrox would be gone, we would have NOTHING, if people like Thompson had their way less than SIX MONTHS ago.

And it's not over yet. These type of people are still trying to kill us. Just because its gone quiet in the mHedia, doesn't mean it's gone away. The agenda is still fully on the table.

"Sporting integrity" was the farthest thing from the mind of board members of this club.

50/50 split of cup games should f0cuz every fans mind here.

Don't want to give THEM the money but I think the team will need our support so if I get a ticket ill be there. I think the best option is for fans to go but don't buy food, drinks or programmes etc pay for the ticket which rangers will receive a percentage of gates and that's it.

I think it could galvanise the players more , seeing what this means to the fans

I never watched the clip.. And to be fair have no idea what clip you mean.. I have followed Rangers for 40 years.. I'm never a bad person.. Just don't suffer fools gladly.. And the DU are fools who should be boycotted.. If this was a home game i'd be there and loving every minute.. But we absolutely must boycott this game... Rangers now.. Then.. And forever

Watch the link mate.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0E_zkH1CMe0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0E_zkH1CMe0

It's a difficult one because it's not black and white by any means.

I hate that club with a passion and I really want to hurt them. I want revenge but is this really going to do the trick?

The problem here is the splitting of gate receipts. I know it would be against the point to pick and choose which games to boycott but if it were a league game, a lack of a fan presence from Rangers would hurt them but I don't think the effect is quite as significant with this cup game.

Also, if we are planning a boycott for this, they will more than likely sell more tickets for their home end than they would have originally. It would be a large home crowd and we would probably struggle on the pitch.

It's a catch 22 but for me, this time we support the team and help our own club out by giving ourselves some gate money and giving our team the best chance.

When we get back to playing teams like this in the league, then the boycotts should take place.

I'll be honest though, I can see both sides of the argument and I'm not entirely sure where I stand either way.

Be rest assured though, if tickets are made available to Rangers fans, Rangers fans will turn up for this game

I agree with this. I am also in favour of never visiting SPL grounds again! But, I think that IN THIS CASE the team needs support. We're 3rd Division v SPL we have to cheer them on against these scumbags....they'll get theirs when we're back in the same division as them (whenever and whatever it's called!)

I agree with this. I am also in favour of never visiting SPL grounds again! But, I think that IN THIS CASE the team needs support. We're 3rd Division v SPL we have to cheer them on against these scumbags....they'll get theirs when we're back in the same division as them (whenever and whatever it's called!)

"In this case"

I agree to never visit any ground again but this doesn't count. The next might be different but they will need us then too, so that will be different again.

But see when you make a stand............

Let us know eh?

If you don't boycott this game then you are completely spineless - and we don't have to follow what the club says, this is a fans issue. We have to send a serious message to the SFA/SPL and the four scumbag clubs who still hate us with a deeply sectarian passion.

In fact I'd hope the club only send a minimum party to the game. Team, coaching staff, doctor & bus driver, i.e. NO directors and certainly no Andy (freebie) Cameron.

Does that mean you will go to league games at SPL grounds. The team will need our support then as well. If you go down that route we will never boycott and single game. Regarding the split gate as someone stated earlier the finance argument is c. £50k which could be made up by each ST holder buying a small item from the Megastore at the next home game.