Boycott Poll

Jamie0202

Dundee United Boycott  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay. With all the threads on boycotting this fixture thought I would make a poll. Votes are not public. So are you for or against a boycott?

• For a boycott
    • Against a boycott
    • Undecided

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted FOR a boycott although I think that it would be advantageous to have say 50 or 100 vocal fans with a banner in attendance. They would give the team some support whilst making our point televised.

(tu)

i voted against.. simply because id support my team in any circumstances. ive always hated celtic, dundee utd wether theve made money out of me hasnt ever bothered me ive never seen myself as supporting them. though the above statement seems like the voice of reason... as for people putting presure on people not to go.. classic keyboard warriors.lol

I have consistently argued for a boycott, and I am more persauded now than ever before of the need to demonstrate our anger at the bahaviour of the SPL clubs who so ruthlessly and vindictively kicked us when we were down.

No Rangers fan should ever forget the hatred and the bile 'spewed' by the Dundee United fans, and their prejudiced, narrow-minded and bigoted chairman, Stephen Thompson. They were in the very forefront of the attacks on our club, and they lost no opportunity to stab us in the back.

I will respect the decision of any Rangers fan who wishes to travel to Tannadice - and no one should criticise their decision to do so - but, personally, I will never set foot in Tannadice or, indeed, any other SPL ground ever again.

I have tried very hard to be magnanimous, but the 'scars' are still fresh and run very deep. These people tried to destroy us and, indeed, are still trying to do so. Yes, it will be hard not to follow the team to Dundee in February, but I have no doubt that every Rangers player, the Manager, the Chief Executive and all those who love Rangers Football Club will understand the anger and bitterness still felt keenly by the fans.

Thompson, and his band of bigots at Dundee United deserve nothing but our scorn.

Its a tough one . boycott cuts their money but the players especially the younger ones miss our vocal support.

I reckon we should boycott the bastards but hordes of us should descend upon their shitty little ground and give it laldy in the streets for the full game.

Now that would make a statement !!!!

I think some people here have a short memory; not just that wanker Thompson putting the foot into us when we where down, but making us pay again for a abandoned match in 2009.

Who cares if Rangers get 1/2 ticket money! Its not like we are in a dire financial situation anymore and are in desperate need the ~£1000 that the game might bring in.

Don't put your money ahead of your morals. Boycott them.

(tu)

i voted against.. simply because id support my team in any circumstances. ive always hated celtic, dundee utd wether theve made money out of me hasnt ever bothered me ive never seen myself as supporting them. though the above statement seems like the voice of reason... as for people putting presure on people not to go.. classic keyboard warriors.lol

I understand your feelings about supporting the Gers, I'm no different to you. I love watching my team home and away but the vindictiveness and outright hatred shown towards Rangers FC by 4 SPL clubs in particular really rankles. What is more to the point just now is that they are not finished with us. Their SPL enquiry is ongoing still with the stripping titles agenda. I'm in no mood to forgive and forget.

Cant agree with this, i voted for a boycott but each bear has to do whats right by them.

This is our chance to make a powerful statement against one of if not THE most vocal of our enemies,but it has to be all or nothing anyone who goes will be undermining the efforts of the majority of our support

Im all for a boycott and about the situation of lost revenue for Rangers, how do we not set up a paypal account and everyone puts what they would have spent on tickets into this account and after the match we "donate" it to Rangers, that way we would prob get more than the split from scumdee. Just an idea.

I voted uncdecided.Ihate all these bastards as much as the next man,but i went the murderwell and the ICT game knowind these twat's would get doe.Besides if you don't take a ticket doe's it not fuck up your cccs allocation?By the ball's and all that

The players deserve/need our support no matter where they go...its as simple as that for me. I especially don't see the sense in boycotting when that will deny our club extra funds as well as that scum club. What i want is more money for our club regardless of what it means for another club.