Boycott Poll

Jamie0202

Dundee United Boycott  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay. With all the threads on boycotting this fixture thought I would make a poll. Votes are not public. So are you for or against a boycott?

• For a boycott
    • Against a boycott
    • Undecided

Do people on here forget Thompson openly said he and most chairmen hate Rangers.That he wanted titles stripped(without putting in IF found guilty).He wanted more punnishments and lied that they hadn't been paid when all along they had.

This club and it's owners tried to close Rangers football club down by every means possible.Legal and not and yet people on here still want to give him their hard earned cos of the love of Rangers..

Let's put it this way..If your neighbour phoned the coppers and lied about you,tried to get you jailed and openly said he hated you..would you go to his party and pay in??

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question being, should we financially support the football club who is ran by a bigot who hates us, and fans who actually threatened to boycott their own team and own ground if their rangers hating board didn't try to put us down... Hmmm...

I don't think that's a question. It's more like a reality check than anything.

Regardless, it would warm my heart no end if Mr Green took an official position of sending back the tickets. I totally understand the fans that want to go. They wouldn't be fans otherwise. The boycott should go ahead imo. But our CEO should make it easier for us as a support.

If the main idea behind the boycott is to starve them of money, would we boycott the replay at i rox if we get a draw ? I assume united would probably make more money out of that than their home game.

And if we are to boycott can we cancel our continuous credit for one game, I'd assume if we are allocated the ticket it just comes off my account then my money is spent and I'd be as well going to the game.

Fuxakes if you find it so confusing just fkn go and fight it out with the 'pickets'.

I think we should take 100 tickets then our club will still get 40% of tickets sales of the gate shafting them big style and it will annoy the fuck our of the scumd untd fans and that cunt Thompson

We get our share of ticket sales whether we take tickets or not.

No point boycotting.

Taigs planning on donating cash to Dimdee Unitit if the boycott actually happens...

Good. Let them. They couldn't even donate to their OWN club when they played Arbroath on Saturday.

Anyway, in this cup tie, its about alot more than money. It's about principle. It's about dignity. It's a statement of intent that we won't be pushed around any more, that we have the power (opposed to when we didn't in the summer with no licence). It's a message to all the SPL clubs who voted against us and tried to kill us that once normal service resumes, we won't be setting foot in their wee shitty stadiums ever again. It also sends a message around Europe and around the world that Scottish football is corrupt to the core and we can gain allies from that.

So let the Celtic fans donate (we can get a good laugh at the amount they muster up). This boycott is about alot more than money.

If the main idea behind the boycott is to starve them of money, would we boycott the replay at i rox if we get a draw ? I assume united would probably make more money out of that than their home game.

And if we are to boycott can we cancel our continuous credit for one game, I'd assume if we are allocated the ticket it just comes off my account then my money is spent and I'd be as well going to the game.

Please see my last post.

Wonder if CG has read this thread?

My guess is he is at the least a shrewd businessman. Being that, he knows information about his customer base is king to his financial model going forward.

If he works towards the goals of the best financial outcome and gets his idea of brand loyalty through working towards the goals of his customers, then he gets happy customers and a healthier long term financial model. Win win.

He is being exactly what a CEO should be. And more importantly, being visible doing so.

He seems, to me, to be following his customers needs. Long may it continue.

Thank you Mr Green.

• 5 months later...

An extra 5000 fans x£20 /2 =£50,000!

And it won't even be as much as that! A measly 50k is the amount that is stopping us from boycotting...

Deary me

My thoughts entirely. A pishy 50 odd grand or whatever else. Bare in mind the fact that they will pay a shitload less on policing/staffing/maintenance etc if we all boycott games, So they will have saved a good 10 grand at least anyway. I'll support and follow the team anywhere. I couldn't give a fuck about a daft arsehole chairman.

I put undecided, but it isn't the full story. I don't like the idea of official and organised boycotts, and to an extent my vote is irrelevant as i live down south and don't get to many home games, let alone away games. However, while i would respect anyone's opinion as to whether to go or not to go, if i returned to Glasgow, my personal decision would be to never give these bastards another penny.

For anyone opening this thread and hasn't noticed this is an old thread. Who knows why it was bumped. Probably someone inadvertantly bumped it by voting but seriously, who is trawling through about 40 pages of threads which is where this thread probably got to by now?