Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

Two men have appeared in court charged with committing offences at Rangers' home ground.

Callum Smith, 22, and 27-year-old Gordon Cruikshank face a number of charges relating to an alleged incident at Ibrox Stadium on December 18.

Both men are accused of resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

Smith, from Renfrew, is also alleged to have breached the peace by making a threatening gesture to an unknown male and pursuing him.

Cruikshank, from Gorbals, Glasgow, is accused of trying to rescue Smith from police custody.

Both men denied the charges when they appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court and were released on bail.

They are expected to stand trial next year.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seen the UB didnt mention that part lol

And you know that these are both UB members of course don't you??? It was hardly 'well seen' either as it was from a few days ago.

Note that the offence for which one was arrested for is vague in the extreme. 'Unknown male' thats beyond tenuous! The only issue UB had was with the police and stewards so its a very odd charge if its UB related.

also are we missing something here

didnt the police head into the UB while in the stands? if so then they were extremely slow in arresting the drummer, as there was clearly no horse sitting in the stands with the UB,

Or else the guy huckled from the stands was for something else, and the UB are keeping that quiet

Aye they came out and into the stand. It wasn't in the concourse that it all started so some details have definitely been omitted here. The cops also never went right up to where the drummer usually is so I'd have to guess he wasn't what they were after originally.

That's why I think ub or bo should come out with the facts as we can only speculate the 2 above mentioned are part of there group.

It's not acceptable to make a statement then omit why 4 members were banned ,

They are banned as they were arrested!!! Its automatic until there is an outcome from the arrests. Speculation is fine as to whether they may be memebers of either group (THEIR not there) some have already decided it seems!

Banging a drum next to a horse is an offence due to safety. But charging around a stand with a horse and three fire exists shut isn't.

Say one of the fans had been trampled and killed by the horse. Would the police still be doing their jobs?

I will support the UB in their protest. Not bcos of mob mentality and an anti police fixation but because it's the right thing to do.

People on here are always looking to blame them for everything wrong that happens in ibrox. The on and only time I've felt let down by them was the protest during Charlie's speech.

That's why I think ub or bo should come out with the facts as we can only speculate the 2 above mentioned are part of there group.

It's not acceptable to make a statement then omit why 4 members were banned ,

What's the point if everyone is going to call bullshit anyway.

It's a fucking joke the way Rangers fans treat other Rangers fans.

What's the point if everyone is going to call bullshit anyway.

It's a fucking joke the way Rangers fans treat other Rangers fans.

most will call bullshit because the original statements were clearly missing something, if the UB came out and said that guys were arrested and others too for helping said guy then we'd at least believe their statements

but im sure a UB on here actually posted that there was only one arrest, which clearly is nonsense going by the post about the 2 guys above, unless other trouble happened inside the ground that everyone missed

im not going to deny that there are complete arsehole coppers out there, but if anyone tries to deny that there are complete idiot rangers fans also then they are in denial

No? Plenty folk in gf6 were of the opinion they brought it on themselves. But nobody brings these kind of things up at games.

I'm amazed that "plenty" in GF6 could not only see but hear what is going on in BF1, at the other end of the bloody stadium. That's the problem with the govan. I'm in GF1 and some of the stuff I hear at games is embarrassing. Mainly with regards to the players as opposed to the fans.

most will call bullshit because the original statements were clearly missing something, if the UB came out and said that guys were arrested and others too for helping said guy then we'd at least believe their statements

but im sure a UB on here actually posted that there was only one arrest, which clearly is nonsense going by the post about the 2 guys above, unless other trouble happened inside the ground that everyone missed

im not going to deny that there are complete arsehole coppers out there, but if anyone tries to deny that there are complete idiot rangers fans also then they are in denial

I won't deny that Jim. Every team has idiot fans. The UB aren't those idiot fans though imo of course. The way they are treated by many is as if they are running riot every week fighting etc.

I'm amazed that "plenty" in GF6 could not only see but hear what is going on in BF1, at the other end of the bloody stadium. That's the problem with the govan. I'm in GF1 and some of the stuff I hear at games is embarrassing. Mainly with regards to the players as opposed to the fans.

So its ok for you to criticise other fans but if.we.do.it were handwringers and cunts

not a whole 100yards away. Now I see just how truly far away it is Im surprised we can even see the broomloan.

So its ok for you to criticise other fans but if.we.do.it were handwringers and cunts

not a whole 100yards away. Now I see just how truly far away it is Im surprised we can even see the broomloan.

I'm not critisig how you behave. I'm criticising how you have reacted to a situation.

So from 100 yards away you could hear what was said between officers and fans?

Never once called you a handwringer or a cunt.

Why are our fans being allowed to be treated like this in our own park ? What happens in away parks is out of our control but ffs in our own stadium..

CG get yer PR men to do something about this rather than writing your scripts on other issues.

How many times have you seen one of our fans in the stadium doing something that would make you phone the police?

I have never seen any. At all. Ever. Having police at the segrigation line is fair enough, but having them right in the middle of the fans is just asking for trouble. All you need is one Hitler trying to lift someone for singing songs that have been sung at Ibrox for years, who is not offending anyone near him, then all the other police jump in and it causes a riot.

Like I said earlier in the thread, there is no need for the polis to be in there. If they weren't there, then nothing would have happened.

Also, police should only act on complaints from members of the public (unless, the person was being violent towards someone, or something). There is absoloutely no need for them to go in there unless called to go help someone. I have never seen anyone in Ibrox needing help from our own fans.

Have you?

Also, Merry Christmas to you.

the police act both on complaints from the public and on what they see . they can't just ignore illegal behaviour even though its petty ( although I read this wasn't petty)

as for calling police at Ibrox - i am on that hot bed of anarchy the govan front. in 26 years of going I have had wrong words once - some young lads got season tickets behind me and first game against hibs they started racially abusing the hibs black keeper - told them not to do that they complied no issues. seen a few idiots getting huckled at hampden and they deserved it - so minimal involvement with cops but that's the way it should be!