***TBB Liaison Committee: Nominate members here.***

Big V

Hi all,

though it's flattering that some of you think I could make a useful contribution on this topic, I'd like to respectfully withdraw myself from the running.

I don't think it's really my area of strength, particularly as I'm quite conflicted and don't really know where I stand on the issue myself.

I see that there are tons of excellent candidates being put forward, and I hope that the most popular choices are happy to take up the mantle.

If, however, ViniH is struggling to get enough people together, then I'll happily reconsider, if the alternative is that the idea stalls.

I'm also quite happy to offer up my opinions (when am I not???) on anything I'm asked about.

Good luck Vini, I'm right behind you.

Also - I'm very busy at the moment trying to figure out ways of getting all your money off you this season ;)

Oh, and I have said several times already on various other threads that I think the most important thing is to get the official ruling, and a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it from UEFA, as I strongly suspect that we could rip that to shreds.

There you go - that's my contribution :thumbup:

Edit: Sorry Vini - I've just realised that I've just broken the 1st rule of committee club :(

Oh, and I have said several times already on various other threads that I think the most important thing is to get the official ruling, and a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it from UEFA, as I strongly suspect that we could rip that to shreds.

There you go - that's my contribution :thumbup:

It's the point of law in Scotland we are fucked on

'Let it die' was my opinion and my opinion alone. The fact that it was me saying it gives that away.

You said 'just let it die' - that was an instruction, not an opinion.

Had you said 'I think we should let it die', that would have been an opinion.

I nominate Vini

Dont agree with you Vini that we should get it officially approved by the club. I think the only version the club would officially approve would be lame. Do other fans who sing their own version have it approved by their clubs? Has anybody ever been arrested or other club punished for singing their version? Change the one word to rebel, how can we get into trouble if its ok for other fans/clubs?

As a first step, would it not be a reasonable idea to contact Jim Hannah? Anyone can speak to him about this.

This would be a potential action for the committee under the remit of liaison.

This would appear to be a fan issue, rather than a club issue. We currently have many club issues to deal with, including possible future sanctions, talk of stripped titles, tax case not fullly clarified and concluded, potential issues with SPL clubs (especially Dundee United,), league reconstruction etc etc.

Is this an issue which we should choose to involve our club in at this crucial time ?.

The song is part of our history and identity, I find it impossible to even think of it without the traditional words.

However, at a time where our profile is now more positive, could our enemies in the media put a negative spin on it to the club's detriment ?

My own personal thoughts are It would be nice to be able to sing our traditional songs the way we used to, but I am just a little concerned as to whether it would be beneficial to our club at this time.

I've said that in nearly every post I've made :lol:

You'd be a good guy to have onside wae this

Apologies if you had suggested that earlier, I hadn't read through the entire thread on this, I just scanned through it quickly.

In the past, the Club haven't been keen on taking this "alternative" TBB any further because too many resort to the original words. In my opinion, if we point out that the best way to cut out TBB in the banned version is for a concerted attempt to promote an approved version. That way RFC is seen to be acting pro-actively by the various authorities. An approach by the fans to the police and SFA to check out exactly what is considered offensive is also required. Again we would be seen to be acting pro-actively. Part of the UEFA and SFA sanction threat was if the club and fans weren't making an effort to stop unacceptable behaviour.

Apologies if you had suggested that earlier, I hadn't read through the entire thread on this, I just scanned through it quickly.

In the past, the Club haven't been keen on taking this "alternative" TBB any further because too many resort to the original words. In my opinion, if we point out that the best way to cut out TBB in the banned version is for a concerted attempt to promote an approved version. That way RFC is seen to be acting pro-actively by the various authorities. An approach by the fans to the police and SFA to check out exactly what is considered offensive is also required. Again we would be seen to be acting pro-actively. Part of the UEFA and SFA sanction threat was if the club and fans weren't making an effort to stop unacceptable behaviour.

Excellent points.