League restructuring - SPL 12-12-18 plan looking most likely :(

whytes3

Let them kill the Game with their Greed and stupidity.

We have Time to get Stronger and if we where catapulted to the Top would suffer accordinly as the Squad we have is not big or Strong enough to cope.

Quite simply let them make a mess of it.

There are to many organisations running our Game .Fact.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish everybody would forget this "split" nonsense. A league's not a league unless everybody plays everybody else the same amount of times home and away. What kind of leaugue is it when you play some teams three times and others four (not even twice at home and twice away as has happened to Rangers more than once in the past)?

No matter how they restructure it it would be very difficult to fast track us into an SPL, no matter how many teams it involved.

Charles has said we wont join a SPL. I believe the majority of our fans dont want to be in a SPL. And the fans of the SPL clubs, still with their heads in the sand, would not want us in the SPL.

Catch 22 for those SPL teams who are being starved of our revenue.Its a no win/no win situation for them.

If we can sustain 40,000+ attendances, (no problem there) then we can ride it out, while the others sweat.

Listen the only league that there are 3/4 teams could win the league is the first division, SPL is on horse race, the D2 looks like a 1 horse race and D3 is a one horse race. In my opinion I think there is more excitment in the SFL than the spl. There has been more SFL games on TV so what does that tell you and remember they all voted that the SFL reconstruction was the way forward WHY the U turn NOW???? D1 dont want the structure WE dont want it and by the sound of it not may of the SFL fans want this.

I believe the current TV deal may end at the end of the season, as will the sponsorship of the SPL by Clydesdale Bank.

They are trying to talk themselves up to get better deals and a new sponsor but without Rangers it is unlikely to happen.

The SPL needs to die and let the SFL run things!

Looking forward to hearing what Charles and Ally and Walter have to say about this. Guess that will happen when a definitive proposal starts to be tabled for review by the clubs. Would a way of making winning Div 3 more attractive in a 12-12-18 structure be for the Div 3 winners and runners up to play-off against the 11th and 12th in Div 1 at the end of the season for the right to win a true and meaningful promotion? Would also provide incentive to Div 1 clubs to avoid being 11th and 12th when the season finishes and thus add some fan interest to the latter stages of the season for affected teams.

put it out there and see who bites ? you might get some spl defectors ? who knows! depends on what sky offer and how well the cash is divided. something has to be done because the 12 team spl has run its race ??? :ohmy:

So we'd invite the teams who voted us out of the SPL?

StoneColdIsBaffled.gif

What was all the talk on here about longmuir being the only one with a brain? He's went with the SPL plan so he's not that bright is he?

Langmuir is a sensible head and I think in the article he is not saying he agrees with the SPL plan, he is conceding that it is gaining support from other SFL clubs who initially voted unanimously to back the sfls plan but are now wavering with pressure having been applied by the SPL. I'm pretty certain that the SPL chairmen will be offering all sorts of promises to the likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk, faith, Morton, etc about better revenues, etc under their plan, but this will ultimately turn out to be bollocks like everything else the SPL come out with

Does anyone get the feeling that this new amalgamised league body will demand that all media and tv rights get signed over to it, to be a member? Just as our deal with SFL runs out and when Gers want to go it alone. Held to ransom again!!

14-14-14 league set up should do. 1st place gets promotion to top league, playoffs between 2nd and 3rd and winner of that plays 2nd bottom of top league in a sort of final to see if top league team stays or not. I'm not overly keen on a split.

Here's an old Aussie idiom that should remind these twats of reality: You can give a Kangaroo a certificate that says it's a Koala,but when you see it in action, it's still a fucking Kangaroo :pipe:

Talk about papering over the cracks :moon:doh

The league structure here in Scotland has been a joke for many many years now.

Gers and 'them' didn't ever say as much as both got the lions share of what monies were going around.

The SFL seemingly do NOT want the proposal that the spl have opted for...... so it will still have to be agreed over a good few meetings still to happen.

Bottom line being that many Clubs hate us and want to see us either die or stay down a few divisions whereas the likes of Sky TV want us in any deal thrashed out..... I recon Sky TV and their monies WILL win this.... so it will be a 'no' to us having two seasons out of the Top division whatever they decide to call it. (much as that will annoy timmy)

Take aside our recent issues and look at it logically.

We have a fragmented structure in place with the different governing bodies and this needs rectified.

SFA, SPL, SFL and the various spattering of junior regional and juvenile leagues.

We need one organization answerable to a CEO and share holders, clear lines of direction and communication, this will give us what we want, transparency and ownership.

The money being drained out of the game due to the seperate offices and orgs and the loss of potential sponsor income amounts to a fair old whack. The need for change has never been as important but with so many stakeholders protecting their patch self interest will put the handbrake on.

All current positions should be vacated and the top position advertised, all current board members should be put on notice and a completely new working group put together with newly elected individuals not by invite. A maximum term should be allowed for elected members and those members must give up their position and not replaced by someone from their club, this way we will have a chance of progressing openly rather than progressing with an agenda.

I think we should take this plan to the courts because when we get promoted, we should not be basically put back in the same position again. How can you do that when you have just gained promotion from the bottom?

That's life, if the majority clamber for change and no allowance is made for us, then more the fool them.

If my feeling is right about our current board they will have many irons in the fire at this time.

In the not too distant future I believe we will be dining at a different table, just a hunch.

The number of teams in the league doesn't matter a fuck when its the same pish served up in a slightly different format. Scottish football has many problems. The number of teams in any given division isn't one of them.

Lack of good coaching.

Lack of good facilities

Lack of interest

A failure by players and their families to educate themselves on what they should be doing to have the most succesful career possible.

Extortionate gate prices.

A generally shite product.

None of these are affected by the number of teams in the league.

our problems really started as a nation when we used Largs for all coaching training. for the most part it produces negative minded coaches.

Jackie MacNamara ditched largs to do his badges in Belfast - he said the focus over there was on more attack minded football.

I think we as a fan base need real clarity around the tv rights issue. It's clear the SPHell want collective rights as without us they'll be worth the square root of feck all. I must admit that I'm not totally against this with 2 conditions. 1 - we are not televised anymore than anyone in the division we in and 2 - we retain the broadcast rights for the rest of our games.

I will not support a deal that see's us on sky/espn every second week whilst we get hee haw in return, and funds those that tried to destroy us.

We'll move up to the second division, or spl3. The current 2nd and 3rd will be brought together.

"SPL3" though is just the league we are in with the addition of 6 teams from the current SFL2....rendering the promotion/relegation and playoffs completely irrelevant.

As was discussed on another thread I can see how they are allowed to introduce change during an active season with the effect this could have on budgets, tv deals etc...if they are going to introduce it then it should be set in stone at the start of the season so everyone knows where they stand.

Without a pyramid system I can't see what is changing other than a more confusing and embarrassing split. I'd also be pretty gutted if this whole season counted for nothing and we were playing all the same teams again next year.