Meeting Wed with Charles Green stadium renaming

bluesbro1976

hi guys i know there is a thread abt naming rights to ibrox, but just a wee update and to advise that there is a meeting at ibrox on wednesday evening with invited representatives of supporters club to discuss the ongoing issue of renaming of ibrox. the meeting will be chaired by mr green . as he stated and has come through yet again, he will consult with the fans over this matter.

i am sure after this meeting we will know of the finer details of what is and whats not on offer. length of time and financial aspects of any upcoming deal.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys i know there is a thread abt naming rights to ibrox, but just a wee update and to advise that there is a meeting at ibrox on wednesday evening with invited representatives of supporters club to discuss the ongoing issue of renaming of ibrox. the meeting will be chaired by mr green . as he stated and has come through yet again, he will consult with the fans over this matter.

i am sure after this meeting we will know of the finer details of what is and whats not on offer. length of time and financial aspects of any upcoming deal.

Excellent! Then we can have an informed debate, rather than the car crash which was the other thread.

Maybe even a poll? :D

Are you going to the meeting mate

As a related aside, Muirhead has a blog on ESPN ( see newsnow Rangers from late last night) Promoting the idea that they should go for stadium sponsorship too. Laughably he reckons they would get £4 million a year. He's a little confused on the history/heritage issue though. According to him only one club can and has sold its history. Charles should call him as a witness when the title stripping tribunal are challenged though the courts.

In terms of realistic valuations the following provides a basis from which to speculate.

http://www.american-appraisal.co.uk/UK/Home-Page-Features/Feature-1.htm

As a related aside, Muirhead has a blog on ESPN ( see newsnow Rangers from late last night) Promoting the idea that they should go for stadium sponsorship too. Laughably he reckons they would get £4 million a year. He's a little confused on the history/heritage issue though. According to him only one club can and has sold its history. Charles should call him as a witness when the title stripping tribunal are challenged though the courts.

In terms of realistic valuations the following provides a basis from which to speculate.

http://www.american-appraisal.co.uk/UK/Home-Page-Features/Feature-1.htm

Good find. The crazy figures being thrown around previously can probably be put to bed and more realistic figures from mid to lower Premiership clubs can be considered. If it's more then good, it may sway some who are unsure.

CB: "Hello Mr Green (cue CG shouting, "Don't call me Mr Green, call me Charles or Charlie!"), might I suggest a name for our much-loved stadium?

CG: "On you go Mr Bacon-Butty....the floor's yours."

CB: "I'd like it to be called 'Ibrox Stadium'."

CG: "But it's already called that."

CB: "Good....that'll save fortunes on a rebranding exercise then."

CG: "All those in favour say 'Hi-de-Hi'."

All: "Hi-de-Hi."

CG; "Meeting closed. Everyone back to Bar 72, it's my shout."

Talking to the fans is always a good thing, but what influence to they actually have in the final decision.

It would certainly be nice to think that he's listen to what the fans have to say, no matter the outcome!

I could handle the stadium being called something different for a few years for some money. We all know what it's called anyway.

Some teams change their names for money. Airbus UK are playing on Wedensday night I think. :pipe:

CB: "Hello Mr Green (cue CG shouting, "Don't call me Mr Green, call me Charles or Charlie!"), might I suggest a name for our much-loved stadium?

CG: "On you go Mr Bacon-Butty....the floor's yours."

CB: "I'd like it to be called 'Ibrox Stadium'."

CG: "But it's already called that."

CB: "Good....that'll save fortunes on a rebranding exercise then."

CG: "All those in favour say 'Hi-de-Hi'."

All: "Hi-de-Hi."

CG; "Meeting closed. Everyone back to Bar 72, it's my shout."

very funny, Mine's a JD & diet coke with ice, Pleeeese

Alot of talk above is hes sitting down with fans to discuss it, i would say hes gony tell the fans its happening.

I am all for it. Its money for nothing.

Ibrox is ibrox.... a few sportsdirect or Orange mobile signs around ibrox aint gony matter a difference.

if we want to get stronger we cannae be silly ... if someone gives us 2million a year for sponsoring the stadium then great.

but every meeting charles green has had with the fans was to tell us something was happening and then getting our views to oliviate and fears, so my guess is this is a done deal

YOu have to look at it this way if the stadium was renamed and we got £4 -5 Mill per year that is money we have never had before and we would be less likely to ever be in the postion we were in last season ever again.

Also i agree that it could buy us a good quality european player every season without haveing to budget for it

Alot of talk above is hes sitting down with fans to discuss it, i would say hes gony tell the fans its happening.

I am all for it. Its money for nothing.

Ibrox is ibrox.... a few sportsdirect or Orange mobile signs around ibrox aint gony matter a difference.

if we want to get stronger we cannae be silly ... if someone gives us 2million a year for sponsoring the stadium then great.

but every meeting charles green has had with the fans was to tell us something was happening and then getting our views to oliviate and fears, so my guess is this is a done deal

Would you be happy to give us updates from the meeting mate?