***The Official Rangers v Montrose Thread***

Captain Hilts

Wonder why McKay has fell out of favour.

Anyway good side picked 5-0 tae the rangers

It's not a case of being out of favour. He just prefers starting with Little on the right and Templeton on the left.

Black getting dropped will delight some. Shiels been out for a bit so hopefully he comes back in and shows his true ability. He's been a bit of a let down this season but we'll need him on form next week.

It's not a case of being out of favour. He just prefers starting with Little on the right and Templeton on the left.

Black getting dropped will delight some. Shiels been out for a bit so hopefully he comes back in and shows his true ability. He's been a bit of a let down this season but we'll need him on form next week.

McKay offers so much more out wide IMO. Little should play up top or not at all again IMO

No McKay again......getting a bit pissed off with this,Ally.

The guy scores 2 in midweek.He is the ONLY source of inspiration with Temps losing his way lately.He does more in the sparse time he gets than most do in 90 mins.Dont know what else you're after,Ally.

And, with Little,I presume,again stuck out wide,this looks to be another plodfest.

Fervently hope I'm wrong.........2-0 or 2-1(holding on at the end against 10 men???)

McKay offers so much more out wide IMO. Little should play up top or not at all again IMO

That's fair enough but he hasn't fallen out of favour.

Ally gave him a good run starting games earlier in the season and more often than not Bazza would go missing in those games. Now he prefers to bring him into games as a substitute to increase his impact. I agree with him that this suits McKays game better than starting, at the moment.

That's fair enough but he hasn't fallen out of favour.

Ally gave him a good run starting games earlier in the season and more often than not Bazza would go missing in those games. Now he prefers to bring him into games as a substitute to increase his impact. I agree with him that this suits McKays game better than starting, at the moment.

That's just not true at all he has had 2 or 3 games throughout the course of the season where he went missing but the rest of the time he has been our most effective player in breaking down opposition defences and that's why he has more assists than any other Rangers player this season. The only reason McKay has been dropped is because of his age if McKay was around the same age as Templeton/Little etc... he would be starting every game.

That's just not true at all he has had 2 or 3 games throughout the course of the season where he went missing but the rest of the time he has been our most effective player in breaking down opposition defences and that's why he has more assists than any other Rangers player this season. The only reason McKay has been dropped is because of his age if McKay was around the same age as Templeton/Little etc... he would be starting every game.

Silly statement. If it's all about age, explain Macleod.

Decent enough starting line up - Only slight irritation is McKay but as I've posted in other match threads he's made 20+ appearences this season which is excellent for his age and demonstrates Ally clearly thinks highly of the boy.

Think we'll win 3-1 (tu)

McKay doesn't play wide at all. He runs inside all the time...into packed midfields and defences. On those few occasions when he gets near the bye line, his delivery into the box is easily swept up...no power behind that ball

I see that Elgin v Queens Park has been postponed. We should be able to extend our lead (as long as we are not complacent and take our chances).

way things are going, they'll have to play 4 games a week at the end of the season. and by god they better have to. we should organize a tour to Japan if they suggest extending the season.

way things are going, they'll have to play 4 games a week at the end of the season. and by god they better have to. we should organize a tour to Japan if they suggest extending the season.

LOL! It can only be good for us that they will have all these games coming thick and fast. I doubt they would have the squad depth, consistency and endurance to put back to back wins together. Obviously I'm getting cocky.

McKay doesn't play wide at all. He runs inside all the time...into packed midfields and defences. On those few occasions when he gets near the bye line, his delivery into the box is easily swept up...no power behind that ball

Football is,indeed,a funny game.

It's weird to think we watch the same team..........I couldnt disagree more with that statement!

It's all about opinions,tho.

Have no doubts that we'll win comfortably today. Im not surprised wee McKay aint starting, id play him next week though, more space and time in the ball.

After watching the peterhead match then I can see why littles on the right, it's because of his movement and runs into the box. I did moan and criticise that one,but I can dee why coisty does that now.

Black out is a major plus already, the midfield should be more fluent now, guess he must have had that contract re written