***The Official Rangers v Montrose Thread***

Captain Hilts

looked back 4 pages and i couldn't see an official thread for this game :P

defence continued to look shaky last week so we need to tighten up at the back. finishing was also quite poor. wasn't sure about the 4-5-1 either, so hopefully Super will go with 2 up front.

il go for a 3-1 win, Little and Templeton x2 the scorers :21:

I've been pretty critical of our style of play and the entertainment value recently but to be fair the game against Montrose was really good to watch and they certainly played their part that day so it will hopefully be another test of our defence ahead of the utd game.

Hopefully we address the imbalance down our right and I'm also hopeful lessons have been learned about playing the 3 in midfield...Macleod plus one of Hutton and black it should be.

I would go.....

Alexander

Argiou hegarty cribari Wallace

Hutton Macleod

McKay sheils Templeton

Sandaza

Regardless who starts, with utd next weekend we need a big performance from everyone wanting a starting place.

3-1 I'm going for!

Would like sandaza to get a few, keep the confidence going, and Id take temps off asap. Get the job done and rotate.

Would keep McKay benched and play him next week, just dont want to suffer any injuries before the utd game.

5-1 sandaza2 temps2 little 1

IMO McKay needs a game to get his confidence back up. His last two appearances didn't set the heather ablaze.

Also, he's only had 76 minutes game time this year!!!

And since nobody else has said it, I'll go for 4-0.

Jig not available again (get him ready for next week).

http://.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3215-mcculloch-misses-out-again

LEE McCulloch has lost his battle to be fit for tomorrow’s Third Division clash with Montrose at Ibrox.

The Rangers captain has made an improvement in his fight with an ankle injury but is not quite ready to face Stuart Garden’s side tomorrow.

The striker has hit 22 goals this term for the Light Blues, and will be hoping to be fine for next Saturday’s crunch Scottish Cup clash with Dundee United at Tannadice.

Lee Wallace is expected to deputise once again for McCulloch as captain having done so for the last few games in his absence.

Fellow forward Francisco Sandaza is good-to-go despite suffering a slight facial injury in last week’s 1-0 win over Peterhead.

The Spaniard who hasn’t had his problems to seek with injury was in the wars again at Balmoor but is fit to face the Gable Endies.

Long-term injury casualty Kevin Kyle is still out while young defender Darren Cole will have an operation to sort his ankle-ligament damage.

Kal Naismith played 90 minutes for the reserves on Tuesday in their 4-0 win over Queen of the South and could find himself in contention again following a virus.

Ally McCoist’s squad are in relatively good shape ahead of the game and will be keen to make it three wins on the bounce with another victory in front of what is expected to be yet another bumper crowd.

I'd like to see Kal get a start but I think Shiels has shook off the 'bug' he had last week so he'll probably get the nod.