***The Official Rangers v Montrose Thread***

Captain Hilts

I've noticed more than a few on here giving Montrose at least one goal in their predictions, and after last weeks defensive performance, I'm not surprised. I was going to do the same thing and say 4-1, but I reckon Ally's had a wee rant at them so I'm going 4-0.

Only thing I know about a possible team is MCCulloch is out. I'd like to see McKay start as he seems to be out of the frame a wee bit, more than any 'burn out' protection would deserve. Get him on the park Ally, and play with at least 2 up front.

I've noticed more than a few on here giving Montrose at least one goal in their predictions, and after last weeks defensive performance, I'm not surprised. I was going to do the same thing and say 4-1, but I reckon Ally's had a wee rant at them so I'm going 4-0.

Only thing I know about a possible team is MCCulloch is out. I'd like to see McKay start as he seems to be out of the frame a wee bit, more than any 'burn out' protection would deserve. Get him on the park Ally, and play with at least 2 up front.

2 upfront!! How dare you use that language on here,

Id like to see the game won before 70 mins then they could use a good warm down. Id like ti see McKay play,but against utd he could be a secret weapon, the players all know how temps plays and I think they'd be surprised with McKay.

I've been pretty critical of our style of play and the entertainment value recently but to be fair the game against Montrose was really good to watch and they certainly played their part that day so it will hopefully be another test of our defence ahead of the utd game.

Hopefully we address the imbalance down our right and I'm also hopeful lessons have been learned about playing the 3 in midfield...Macleod plus one of Hutton and black it should be.

I would go.....

Alexander

Argiou hegarty cribari Wallace

Hutton Macleod

McKay sheils Templeton

Sandaza

Regardless who starts, with utd next weekend we need a big performance from everyone wanting a starting place.

3-1 I'm going for!

Dropping Little to address a (supposed) imbalance on the right :lol:

Can't see why anyone would want Little out of the team with the goals he has been scoring while playing wide right - seems to be pretty effective there looking at his goals tally and a player I would always look to accomodate if he is available. I also think Perry needs game time/experience more than anyone so would not drop him for Hegarty.

5-0 for me.

Can't see why anyone would want Little out of the team with the goals he has been scoring while playing wide right - seems to be pretty effective there looking at his goals tally and a player I would always look to accomodate if he is available. I also think Perry needs game time/experience more than anyone so would not drop him for Hegarty.

5-0 for me.

:lol:

You know he won't like this.

5-0 for me.

Like you I see no reason to drop Little, he is always far more likely to score regularly than Sandaza even from the right.Again I would rather have Perry in the back 4 and Hegarty, despite his poor distribution last game instead of Argyriou..The player who I think probably needs rested is Templeton, judging by the last two games, to recharge his batteries.

5-0 for me.

His goals are all when he comes into the centre but mate , obviously he's no gonny score from 40 yards or something out on wide right but he's still more effective up top and McKay is more effective than Little on the wing

His goals are all when he comes into the centre but mate , obviously he's no gonny score from 40 yards or something out on wide right but he's still more effective up top and McKay is more effective than Little on the wing

Fully agree with this. Little up front is potent and his effectiveness is lessened by playing him on the wing especially when we have McKay who has shown a lot of potential this season.

A 4-4-2 on Saturday with Little and Sandaza leading the line with Templeton and McKay attacking from the wings would be our best team we could put out at the moment in my opinion (tu)

5-0 for me.

If that's your opinion fair enough...why not instead of being a super fan prick on every thread and having a go and getting on the defensive about other peoples opinions don't you just state your opinion.

I'm not critiquing littles goal scoring contribution and if the Greek is at rb then I think little works out wide cutting in....but with hegarty (or is that Crawford super fan?) that leaves a massive gap in the final third down our right...watch the games closely instead of jumping on the defensive about any comment and you may notice these things!

If that's your opinion fair enough...why not instead of being a super fan prick on every thread and having a go and getting on the defensive about other peoples opinions don't you just state your opinion.

I'm not critiquing littles goal scoring contribution and if the Greek is at rb then I think little works out wide cutting in....but with hegarty (or is that Crawford super fan?) that leaves a massive gap in the final third down our right...watch the games closely instead of jumping on the defensive about any comment and you may notice these things!

the only person who is getting personal is you . seems you can't really handle someone with a positive opinion who is loyal to his team - here am I talking football and you are the one name calling !

I should add in my 5-0 prediction 2 goals for little scored when coming in from the right!

the only person who is getting personal is you . seems you can't really handle someone with a positive opinion who is loyal to his team - here am I talking football and you are the one name calling !

I should add in my 5-0 prediction 2 goals for little scored when coming in from the right!

Be sensible now...

:thumbup:

I have asked this every match thread for ages, but what is happening with Argyriou? He hasn't been involved for ages, so is he out of favour or injured?

Hegarty (who I'm a fan of) has been poor recently, but I put that down to him not being a natural RB. If he can work on the offensive side of his game (he has to occasional foray forward with a good cross, but not nearly as frequently as he should).

I agree that Perry needs games, hopefully his confidence will grow with more clean sheets.

Black, for me, offers very little and I prefer the Hutton Macleod partnership.

Sandaza is doing well up front, I would play Shiels just behind with McKay/Temps on the left and Little on the right.

RHS is a problem for us, but you would like to think that would be worked on during the week. I like Little cutting in from the right - last week he made some great runs and was unlucky not to score.

You know what I'm not going to even bother responding to you anymore it's getting boring having to educate a 53 year old man...you and your perceived loyalty can go annoy someone else...a positive opinion is welcomed a positivity crusade regardless of the topic of conversation with constant belittling of others opinions or comments that you perceive to be negative is not and gets us nowhere.

You obviously have issues with BP9, but IMO he hasn't said anything outlandish in this thread, and he didn't belittle your opinions either. One little smiley in this thread isn't really a just cause for the insults you then aimed at him. So as I said, obviously there's more to it than just this thread.

Just my opinion though, not worth much really :(

Edit: Oh and please don't anyone see this as an invitation to start an argument with me, I'm just hoping the match thread can get back on topic :(

In isolation I can appreciate why you may see it that way but for the last few days this poster has responded to a variety of posts, not just mine, with the same retort....chastising anyone for having what he perceives to be a negative opinion without reading the content of posts and the intention of threads an example being the 3-5-2 one...I can accept others opinions quite happily and for instance your view on this season is vet different to mine but you at least present your reasons for that belief in a reasoned manner and do not attack those whose opinion may differ...

Anyway apologies to all this is a thread about the game and I have contributed to a personal debate between posters that no ones wants ruining the thread...sorry about that lads. Here's hoping for a good result tomorrow and lots of positive/optimistic threads ahead of the utd game!

In isolation I can appreciate why you may see it that way but for the last few days this poster has responded to a variety of posts, not just mine, with the same retort....chastising anyone for having what he perceives to be a negative opinion without reading the content of posts and the intention of threads an example being the 3-5-2 one...I can accept others opinions quite happily and for instance your view on this season is vet different to mine but you at least present your reasons for that belief in a reasoned manner and do not attack those whose opinion may differ...

Anyway apologies to all this is a thread about the game and I have contributed to a personal debate between posters that no ones wants ruining the thread...sorry about that lads. Here's hoping for a good result tomorrow and lots of positive/optimistic threads ahead of the utd game!

That's the spirit :thumbup:

I must confess, that I'm one of those sickeningly positive fans too (as if you hadn't guessed!), and I suppose it must get quite irritating after a while for many of you :D