Campaign against Rangers rolls on...

AlBear.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why several clubs up and down the country give tickets to serving soldiers completely free of charge?

Who? Can you name them?

No he cant, but lets not bother with such trivialities such as factual evidence.

Any seeds planted here are due to your opinions, not my suggestions.

So because I feel Rememberance Day isn't an appropriate platform for an abseiling demonstration and a howitzer being fired inside a football stadium I'm a taig? Thats your theory?

I've said it before and I'll say it again I can happily provide countless items which will prove I am a bear.

No he cant, but lets not bother with such trivialities such as factual evidence.

Except the bit where I named Alloa Athletic as one of the clubs local to me who do such a thing.

Turns out Falkirk, Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic all do, or have in the past also. As have the SFA for Scotland Internationals.

Fail Fail.

Except the bit where I named Alloa Athletic as one of the clubs local to me who do such a thing.

Turns out Falkirk, Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic all do, or have in the past also. As have the SFA for Scotland Internationals.

Fail Fail.

Dude why are you so intent on deflecting this thread from the key issue here?

You don't agree with a tribute, that's understandable. You've made your point. Why create arguments in this thread ignoring the main reason for peoples displeasure at this?

Dude why are you so intent on deflecting this thread from the key issue here?

You don't agree with a tribute, that's understandable. You've made your point. Why create arguments in this thread ignoring the main reason for peoples displeasure at this?

I don't agree with a tribute and by saying so it was stated I'm a 'wrong 'un'. It was pointed out in relation to a point in another post that plenty of other clubs go out of their way to 'reward' current servicemen & women. I was asked to provide names and then WVB started moaning about 'factual evidence'. How you've deduced that I'm creating arguments I do not know.

Club statement....

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3228-club-statement

FOLLOWING an article in today's Sunday Mail the club has issued the following statement:

Rangers have always had a close and respectful relationship with this country’s services personnel and associated charities. That will continue.

No one from any of the Forces has been in contact with us other than to thank us for our support and help. Indeed, it was pointed out that our Remembrance event proved to be the single largest memorial event in Scotland in the year in question.

The Remembrance part of the afternoon was observed impeccably and carried precisely the correct degree of solemnity. This was, as should always be the case, entirely separate from anything that some might have  deemed frivolous during half time an hour or so later.

That was when service people about to be deployed abroad wanted to celebrate in normal football style.

All activities on the day were arranged in full co-operation with the Royal Navy, RAF and Army. They have always been extremely appreciative of the club’s efforts and acknowledge we are massive supporters of the country’s serving men and women, as well as veterans.

Loving the quick responses we're getting these days.

The Remembrance part of the afternoon was observed impeccably and carried precisely the correct degree of solemnity. This was, as should always be the case, entirely separate from anything that some might have  deemed frivolous during half time an hour or so later.

(tu)

Spot on.

SUNDAY, 27 JANUARY 2013 14:30

Club Statement

WRITTEN BY RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

6f57792f64d5b7d48f66634f09c3fb89_XL.jpg

FOLLOWING an article in today's Sunday Mail the club has issued the following statement:

Rangers have always had a close and respectful relationship with this country’s services personnel and associated charities. That will continue.

No one from any of the Forces has been in contact with us other than to thank us for our support and help. Indeed, it was pointed out that our Remembrance event proved to be the single largest memorial event in Scotland in the year in question.

The Remembrance part of the afternoon was observed impeccably and carried precisely the correct degree of solemnity. This was, as should always be the case, entirely separate from anything that some might have deemed frivolous during half time an hour or so later.

That was when service people about to be deployed abroad wanted to celebrate in normal football style.

All activities on the day were arranged in full co-operation with the Royal Navy, RAF and Army. They have always been extremely appreciative of the club’s efforts and acknowledge we are massive supporters of the country’s serving men and women, as well as veterans

Never asked you, but Thanks all the same (tu)

The other point is all these team are English, hence we are discussing the prob in Schotland as WE are the one's being crucified

I've named four other scottish clubs (bar us) who do it or have done it in the past.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/2581002/Campaign-offers-free-sporting-and-concert-tickets-to-troops.html

So we cannot honour the fallen who gave their all, together with those who have signed up for the same should it be necessary while the current government and higher echelons of HM Armed Forces see fit to treat their former soldiers like this.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373564

Aye very good :5536:

Never asked you, but Thanks all the same (tu)

The other point is all these team are English, hence we are discussing the prob in Schotland as WE are the one's being crucified

Actually every club in scotland donated to the armed forces through the poppy appeal...even £10 grand from the poppy haters

“The focus of Remembrance activities must be on the fallen, not on those who are serving in the Armed Forces today.”

Since when did this bloke make the rules?

We combined the solemnity of a minutes silence for the fallen with a celebration of those serving today and those veterans in Erskine

What exactly is this cunts problem?

100% m8 it was a fantastic day to reflect and celebrate which we did. How could this offend anyone, it was show of respect for past and present.

Cant quiet believe all of this, we should be allowed to show respect to both fallen and serving members of the armed forces in any way we feel is appropriate. If you dont agree with any particular tribute then nobody is forcing you to attend.

You can stay away and do your own thing

On the day in question there was two diffident parts, first as you say we had a fitting minutes silence for all fallen forces that defended the country secondly we had the show of respect at halftime

The Ranger Charity Foundation have a great deal of letters from the army, Navy and Airforce thanking Rangers for the whole day and this clown at the top of the tree who no doubt is totally detached from the people that go and fight and put their lives on the line bowing to people that despise the forces and GB

There will be a lot of forces upset by this and it will hit moral, this man is a politician and does not understand the people that 'work' for him

I am intending to write a letter of complaint over this ridiculous stance and when i have scripted it i will post so that anyone wishing to do that same can do this so that he cannot ignore it

Fully agree remembrance is not just one dimensional; remembrance serves to celebrate or honor the memory of a person(s) or event(s). The Rangers covered both these aspect; showing full respect regarding remembering/honoring those who have fallen in past conflicts, while also celebrating our armed services who continue to serve in the defence of freedom for all.

Happy to add my support; will look out for the letter when posted.