doncaster squirming

Johnny Hubbard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those not listening, what money and where was it supposed to be going?

there was 800k prize money from last season in the SPL

There was the settlement for Davis ( i think 300k) that was given to the SPL because we were in admin at the time.

IIRC there is more too, but i cant remember the specifics.

There was the settlement for Davis ( i think 300k) that was given to the SPL because we were in admin at the time.

Also money from UEFA for players at the Euros.

Also money from UEFA for players at the Euros.

That was it, was it not close to 1m?

I am sure the number mentioned a few times was 2.4 million in total owed to either newco or the liquidators ( most probably the liquidators)

Was it not this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19267915

SPL 'has not yet distributed cash to clubs'

_60193973_chris1.jpg By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

The Scottish Premier League has yet to distribute cash to its member clubs and is unsure when it will be in a position to do so, BBC Scotland has learned.

Clubs were due to receive money from sponsorship and broadcasting revenues at the start of this month but have been told they will have to wait.

The delay is being blamed on cash flow problems resulting from the summer of uncertainty over Rangers.

The problem is also affecting the Scottish Football League.

It is due about £2m from the SPL for their annual settlement agreement.

Several clubs have already contacted the SPL to find out when they can expect to receive payment, but have been told they cannot be paid until the money comes in.

The SPL renegotiated its TV deals with Sky and ESPN after it was decided Rangers would start again in division three.

But the league is still waiting for payment from those deals and a number of other top sponsorship contracts.

It is understood the SPL is hoping to make a payment of some kind this month but cannot give any specific date or figure.

Neither can doncaster.

TBH I've accepted that we won't be seeing any of that money again.

I've just tuned in now. They're talking about league construction and what exactly was said at the meeting.

Doncaster: "This model will require all clubs to embrace it. 75% SFL and 11/12 SPL clubs need to approve of the new model."

Q: "Are you confident this will go through?"

A: "I hope so. I believe it has huge benefits."

Q: "What about Rangers?"

A: "You'd have to ask them, but I understand that they are overwhelmingly in favour."

Be warned: Britney is on it.

asked directly where has the money gone due from the SPL.........no answer....radio scotland

He said he wouldn't answer it now. That time will come when the commission has made its verdict published.

It was actually OC who then pressed him on why we pay oldco football debt but don't receive its prize money. Doncaster the repeated the same line about not commenting yet and waiting till the announcement.

think it's the SFA holding the money for Davis

So Rangers where litterly keeping Scottish Football alive.

Spiers we Technically are a new Club.

See the Financial Power we Rangers Fans have we could quite honestly bring our enemies down if we could Unite.

But they know we cant and are splintered as a Fanbase.

Get out of this crappy League if we can.

Then we can prosper.

In summary, Doncaster (who didn't sound convincing at all) thinks they'll get the deal they want. Spiers says he thinks Doncaster will be surprised by the 42 clubs "lack of conviction" about the plan and that the majority of clubs are "groping in the dark" with the idea.