Charles Green Q&A @ The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium

This Friday we are proud to host Charles Green, Chief Executive of Rangers.

The response has been phenomenal with the event being completely sold out within 24 hours of tickets being made available. This has allowed us to raise £1,500 for The Rangers Charity Foundation.

Mr Green has been outstanding in his availability to the Rangers Support with this is being another fine example and I’m sure he will have an answer for every question asked.

Since the event is sold out, if there any questions that anyone would like asked could you respond and we will endeavour to try and put the questions to him and report Mr Green’s responses.

Doors open at 7pm this Friday, and we would ask that everyone could try and be in for half 7 so that we can started straight away with the Q&A that is scheduled to begin at 8pm.

Follow us on Twitter: @TheLoudenTavern

We Are The People

God Bless The Rangers

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium - More than a Pub

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given that the demand for tickets was so great wouldn't a bigger venue have been better? You advertised the tickets on here Friday night, I went to the Louden first thing the next morning and all the regulars had already bought the tickets. I was gutted, as I know many others were.

Please don't let this turn in to another wasted chance to ask some real questions. Don't ask about orange strips, or the flags of the Union above the Stadium, FFS!

Ask him if he has any plans in the near on slightly longer term to still sell us down the river like he originally said he intended to? I know I'm going to get hammered for this post and I might as well save you all the trouble by calling myself a 'taig' and by saying my post is 'reeking' or whatever (such witty and original comments by some of the posters on here don't you know!) But all of this recent MM feud stuff has set alarm bells ringing in my head a little. It may be sensationalism. This has yet to be determined. But surely the most pressing question is is there any rift among the board of directors at the top? Our club has been through hell and back, so what we want more than anything is a long period of stability so that we can begin to climb our way back to the top. I know everyone thinks Charles Green is a saviour, but history has a way of repeating itself and people have a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over again throughout their lives. (leopards don't change their spots etc.) He didn't have a great history at Sheffield and in the end the fans there despised him for only really being interested in the money and for trying to be too hands on in the day to day running of the team. Don't get me wrong we needed a quick fix to get us out of the jam we were in. But I have a sense that CG may now be in the process of trying to repeat his experiences while at the head of Sheffield. I don't think he is necessarily a great team player. He is a huge personality and probably has a very big ego to match. He is also very good at PR and might easily walk among fans dishing out pies and Bovril and jumping on the bandwagon with whatever populist position the fans may be chanting from the terraces on that particular week. But that doesn't stop him from keeping one eye firmly fixed on his original goal of making a killing. Thankfully maybe, the only way that can really happen is by ensuring Rangers as a club are spectacularly successful and are an attractive proposition to whoever he might eventually want to sell the club to. But I worry that his ego and his desire for total control over almost every aspect of the club could get in the way of this. I think maybe for the moment CG is the best deal we have on the table. Maybe it could work for a while into the future too. But ultimately I would still like to see Rangers in the hands of people who genuinely have the club and the fans best interests at heart. I like the idea that we should have 'real Rangers men' in the Rangers board room, if only to counteract any of the potential excesses of CG, should his ego and desire to make money ever get the better of him.

So I think this would be a good opportunity for the fans to send a message, to ask if there is any problems and if there is demand that the hatchet is buried and that normal peaceful boardroom business should be resumed.

Of course what's more likely to happen is that there will be a bunch of very sycophantic drooling comments and questions by a bunch of star-struck fans who probably think CG is the new King Billy, lol. But it just strikes me that as many fans are now official stakeholders and that as in theory we now have a voice on the board, it is a perfectly legitimate thing to do to demand to know if the board room is a stable environment and to insist that if there are any problems the individuals involved should sort it out, preferably extremely quickly. After all all we all really want is to get on with the business of winning games, cups and titles, etc. We need everyone to be singing from the same songsheet if that's going to happen however.

As a 10% shareholder in the club, Green only makes money upon departure if the club is making money. If the club's making money, then it means the club is financially healthy, and if we're financially healthy, then we're in a better place since the pre-Murray era. It's win-win.

I agree, he won't make nearly as much money on a loss making business. It's win win indeed - if he plays it right. But I worry he could fuck it up if he doesn't get a grip on his ego. I think we just need to make sure there are some good Rangers men around him to stop him from making some potentially stupid errors of judgement, and to prevent his probably still somewhat evident self-interests from outweighing those of the fans or the club.

Ask him if he will fill the corners with seats and get rid of the screens... :P Couldnt help it :lol:

see i was thinking about this the other day? If this were to happen you reckon we could fill it? I mean, in the long run more capacity = more tickets sales = more money. But it would be a huge waste in money if we were to do this and it just lay empty week in week out. We need to be careful with money!

On another note i wish CG would hurry up and announce the new kit makers because I am sick of people constantly posting on here and going on about it haha!! it will be blue. Have our crest on it.

As a 10% shareholder in the club, Green only makes money upon departure if the club is making money. If the club's making money, then it means the club is financially healthy, and if we're financially healthy, then we're in a better place since the pre-Murray era. It's win-win.

Will that money making be to the detriment of the team though? I cite Arsenal as a club who are very well run but don't spend the required funds to compete with Man Utd/City, Chelsea.

I would like to know what our vision/plans are for youth recruitment and development. I would also like someone to ask about our scouting network and the vision for player recruitment in the future allied to the wage structure he wishes to introduce.

Probably a small one but I would also like an exact date for the kit/sponsor announcement...all this 'next week', very soon stuff is pissing me off and I hate clicking on the kit threads on here expecting some news everyday.