Is it time to forgive, forget and move on ?

D'Artagnan

I am in no mood to forgive and will not be for a number of years. I remember the treble in 76 and 78 and I will remember 2012 for just as long, as well as the main players bad and good involved. If we forget this then something similar could happen again, we must be on our guard against those who would harm the club.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had always looked kindly on football in Scotland and when Rangers weren't playing you could find me in grounds such as Firhill , Brockville, Fir Park and Tynecastle as a 'neutral', just wanting to see a game.

I was staggered in the last year as a Bear,to be a target of such hate and bile from other fans I've probably in the past stood next to or shared a beer with.

I cannot hate them as some hate us but I no longer care what happens to them and if they suffer so be it.

Fully agree. We have been put through so much by people who had no other motive than to see Rangers damaged just because they could do it I don't see any time in the foreseeable future when we can Forgive. As for forget, that won't happen with anyone of the generation who lived through it.

I will never forgive or forget what some did to our club. I said before a ball was kicked that not one penny of my money will ever again go to those SPL bastards who tried to kill us. Same goes for the SFA, I did not renew my SSC membership and have not been to a Scotland game this season after not missing one for ten years or so.

For one horrible second,D'Art,I thought you were advocating the act of forgiveness.

I am relieved to see this is not the case and,similarly,relieved to see the unaminous posts of solidarity with your position.

As far as I am concerned,this episode of our history will be prominent long after "normality" is resumed and long after all of us are gone.

A by-product of our demise,near obliteration and recovery is the contempt,mis-trust and general loathing of all who tried to destroy us.These feelings will stay with us but,most importantly,should be passed on through the generations.

We have always suspected we were different from the rest........we now have all the proof we need.

We seem to be the only ones wanting to move on. They are still trying to hammer us for what was a crime against the club. How can we forget when they keep dragging it on? No way should it ever be forgotten what they tried to do and there is no way that I'll be forgiving them. How can you forgive them when they show no contrition for what they have done or continue to try and do.

The things they did and are trying to do to my club ,will never be forgotten,and as for forgiveness i will never forgive the Press The Bastards than run our Football and the Bastards behind the scenes that have forced this.

I hope and pray that each and every one of them get their just deserts. Because of these Bastards i nearly lost the club i love.

The fans, clubs and directors of the clubs who tried to vote us into oblivion,and then continued to hit us when we were down, showed their true colours, thinking we were weakened.

That was their biggest mistake. We are now stronger and wiser with that knowledge.

Now let us suppose they had that opportunity again, and were confident they could destroy us.

Would they consider fairness, sporting integrity, remember old friendships, would the ones we helped out in the past help, would our traditional bias to the likes of of Dundee, Hearts etc help us ?

We now know the answer to those questions.

Never, ever forget this, always remember those who tried to destroy the greatest sporting institution that Scotland has ever seen, just because they thought they could.

Forgive them ? What they tried to do was unforgivable.

Forget what they did ? NEVER.

The fans, clubs and directors of the clubs who tried to vote us into oblivion,and then continued to hit us when we were down, showed their true colours, thinking we were weakened.

That was their biggest mistake. We are now stronger and wiser with that knowledge.

Now let us suppose they had that opportunity again, and were confident they could destroy us.

Would they consider fairness, sporting integrity, remember old friendships, would the ones we helped out in the past help, would our traditional bias to the likes of of Dundee, Hearts etc help us ?

We now know the answer to those questions.

Never, ever forget this, always remember those who tried to destroy the greatest sporting institution that Scotland has ever seen, just because they thought they could.

Forgive them ? What they tried to do was unforgivable.

Forget what they did ? NEVER.

And I have seen nothing tannerall in the aftermath of us being exonerated, to suggest it couldn't or wouldn't happen again.

I will never forgive or forget what some did to our club. I said before a ball was kicked that not one penny of my money will ever again go to those SPL bastards who tried to kill us. Same goes for the SFA, I did not renew my SSC membership and have not been to a Scotland game this season after not missing one for ten years or so.

good post Bearger .Bit more passion from you .Im liking it :-)