Rangers release statement regarding singing at Berwick

Marky.

I've sang loads of "offensive" songs. At parties, cutting the grass you name it. I've sang the billy boys at ibrox I was there vs Villarreal (the complaint match).

As good as some of them are they have nothing to do with football end of story. If it can't be cut out for a measly 90 minutes then we have no hope

Some people can't wait 90 minutes for a cigarette!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the part you need to understand - we can't do it any more, yes belt out a few songs, the atmosphere sounded brilliant today but we can't sing the songs we are not allowed to. The main reason I don't do it any more is that I don't want to end up in court, have a criminal record and loose my job!

Oh and the "but they do it" is a bit childish. Yes we should all be treated the same but at the end of the day I only care about rangers.

it never happens at Ibrox as we cant we dont know what we can and cant sing so we know have a group of lads singing on our behalf and after a long trip and good sing song on bus its gonna carry on to the terraces as they've been singing those songs the whole way down.

As for the they do it maybe thats where we are going wrong as they pounce on everything we do so maybe its time to show a stance?

it never happens at Ibrox as we cant we dont know what we can and cant sing so we know have a group of lads singing on our behalf and after a long trip and good sing song on bus its gonna carry on to the terraces as they've been singing those songs the whole way down.

As for the they do it maybe thats where we are going wrong as they pounce on everything we do so maybe its time to show a stance?

But how can we complain about being offended with their songs while singing songs that they are claiming to be offended about? I'd rather we just sorted our singing out then we can go after others. I do feel they are watching everyone of our games waiting to complain about the least we thing but why give them the ammunition?

On that point alone mate, rangers fans sang four boys had a dream only for a tarrier journo to tweet he was complaining to everyone that we had been singing the famine song.

That's the sort of shite we have to put up with

Bet he'll picket a Brian Wilson concert next saying he sung the famine song

But how can we complain about being offended with their songs while singing songs that they are claiming to be offended about? I'd rather we just sorted our singing out then we can go after others. I do feel they are watching everyone of our games waiting to complain about the least we thing but why give them the ammunition?

We need to make a stance on this stuff.

what song were deemed offensive today?

Have read all the threads not one seems to pin point when or what was said. Funny that.

Notice most people who are complaining are doing it in the usual generalities why cant anyone say which songs in specific they were offended by today?

And why is it offensive to sing at football grounds but not offensive when from the pulpit?

I personally find it offensive when i am told i will be forsaken by god for being a non believer or when they spread lies in africa about condoms spreading aids, or when im told gay friends are immoral.

If belittling someones beliefs is wrong especially when doing so vocally, then surely that should be accross the board be it football grounds or church congregations.

seems to me someone just has to fart without permission at a Rangers game and the club is compelled to issue a statement just to cover their ass (no pun intened) from all the haters that will decsend on the club to have a go (td)

Disagree with this, perhaps a few years back but for a while there we were making headway in changing our songbook repertoire and wising up a little. It also coincided with a club more robust and willing to defend the support. With the current board I certainly feel if we were unfairly targeted they'd take action one way or the other but even the current board felt the songbook needed condemned.

Bears are rightly angry at the way we've been treated but to revert back to being careless and unsavvy and believe it will somehow go unpunished is astonishing.

I despair at the stupidity in our support at times. Those heading there believing they can sing whatever the fuck they want as it was in England really ought to get a fucking grip of themselves.

It's not only to do with banned songs as some people are asking its about what is acceptable and what is blatantly and overtly not.

Best examples are - FTP add ons and the term Fenian used in the context of TBB.

Whether you agree or not is irrelevant because Rangers and the real fans who are trying to defend the club daily will now receive tonnes of negative media attention for these supposed actions.

The fact that IRAceltic fans sing and chant things much worse and get away with it is immaterial now because our credibility has again been compromised and its a case of getting your own house in order before we go after them.

I am particularly annoyed by these idiots because I personally have been involved recently in researching, collating and compiling evidence of sectarian anti British behaviour from IRAceltic followers and these incidents greatly diminish the effects of this work.

Sing, whistle, chant or shout anything you want when your not at Ibrox or at a Rangers away fixture, but FFS stop giving the Rangers haters legitimate reasons to target us. These people are black belts in (Ninjustice) and probably the most accomplished propagandists in the world so it's exactly what they want...

It's exactly what happens in Norn Iron because the nationalists and republicans put on a record and the Loyalists/Unionist communities dance to their tune. It's time to get smart and stop falling into the old traps. Because of today's instance we will again be on the defence, instead of being on the attack.

I havent read anything the club said. If they are unhappy with what the fans sung then ok I dont want to see anyone harm the club but to me it just seemed like a normal away game and the fans were gettin behind the team for the full 90