Rangers release statement regarding singing at Berwick

Marky.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we played the game in England does this mean that we'd be punished under English law and not Scottish?

On the other thread there's a statement from the super of Northumberland police saying that away fans are laible under this law.

Why the necessity to sing "Big Jock Knew" at an away game in Berwick? Cringeworthy at best. Nothing will change though, these people are morons who just do not care what damage they do to the club. Some of these cretins want us to join the English leagues, today did us no favours in that respect did it?

People trying to defend these cunts that live in the past are just as bad, this needs kicked out, it's a joke and there is no need for it when our club has such a vast number of songs celebrating our great history and achievements. It's harming our club and if you can't see that take your head out the sand

I'm not personally offended by the songs sung but we know there is people waiting to be offended and we simply can't sing these songs/add ons anymore.

What worries me is that some of these singing will be young boys who don't realise if they are caught the problems it is going to cause them personally. They may still be at school/uni and not really care but do they want this on their criminal record when they go to apply for jobs?

This is the first game i've heard anything for a while so maybe these fans when they get home from the game will realise the fuss it has caused and stop.

This is one of the reasons why when the poll was on here for "bring back the bill boys" i voted no and some of the others who did the same got a bit of stick for it. I think even if we changed the words, on days like today there would be fans getiting carried away and sing the original words.

to the ones greeting about our songs, its you cunts that got rid of the black socks and red tops because you think theres a sectarian tone to it

Colours of Govan and the same colour tone was used on the funnels of the ships that were built at the shipyards which we drew huge support from.

Nothing sectarian in it whatsoever.

The next thing people will be saying is that the portrait of the Queen shouldn't be in the dressing room and that the loving cup ceremony shouldn't happen.

When did they release statement ??? Before the first goal ,after first goal ?? Shit stirring going on in the bears den me thinks Admin ... Can we not stop new members from starting a new topic Ffs please d something about this

I wouldn't say that someone who has posted over 4000 times is new.

He is right to post an official statement and we are right to agree with it and condemn the idiots who are still singing the innapropriate songs.

Anyone mentioned The Billy Boys committee?

Surely this comes under their remit of liaising with the club about what we sing?

:sherlock:

It's the Song Modernisation Committee now.

But indeed all this today only serves to highlight the importance of this issue, and further justifies the formation of the committee.

Unfortunately we are still awaiting a written response from FoCUS, but rest assured we are still pursuing the matter.

Wether or not you believe the songs sung today where right or wrong, no cunt should ever grass in their own teams fans.

I believe Rangers where wrong releasing this statement during the game, escalating the situation even more, it seems this is the fault of this Andrew Dickson, im guessing he is also in control of the rangers twitter page?

Mountain out a molehill we used to sing these songs all the time who gives a fuck after a few beers after travelling for hours you wanna belt out a few tunes we should be able to sing what we want those fucks do!

This is the part you need to understand - we can't do it any more, yes belt out a few songs, the atmosphere sounded brilliant today but we can't sing the songs we are not allowed to. The main reason I don't do it any more is that I don't want to end up in court, have a criminal record and loose my job!

Oh and the "but they do it" is a bit childish. Yes we should all be treated the same but at the end of the day I only care about rangers.

It's the Song Modernisation Committee now.

But indeed all this today only serves to highlight the importance of this issue, and further justifies the formation of the committee.

Unfortunately we are still awaiting a written response from FoCUS, but rest assured we are still pursuing the matter.

Good to hear. Nice new name.

What's with the avatar though? :lol:

why do the songs have to be the vile versions and not the non vile ones, surely non vile is still supporting your club without the bother, then again, don't suppose it would matter what was sung, they would probably still say it was vile.

why do the songs have to be the vile versions and not the non vile ones, surely non vile is still supporting your club without the bother, then again, don't suppose it would matter what was sung, they would probably still say it was vile.

On that point alone mate, rangers fans sang four boys had a dream only for a tarrier journo to tweet he was complaining to everyone that we had been singing the famine song.

That's the sort of shite we have to put up with

I've sang loads of "offensive" songs. At parties, cutting the grass you name it. I've sang the billy boys at ibrox I was there vs Villarreal (the complaint match).

As good as some of them are they have nothing to do with football end of story. If it can't be cut out for a measly 90 minutes then we have no hope