Sandaza and 'Tommy the taxi driver'

Listened to the entire thing, personally think he is very foolish discussing any contract he has to an unknown over a telephone in the first place. If it is him and it may well be, to me he didnt speak badly of us and said the fans were great and so was the club but if it was a genuine offer then MLS would need to pay a fee to us between 500-700k as he has a long contract.

He also stated he had no agent to deal with regarding offers etc but if something official was sent to him (ie acting as his own agent) and was of interest he would then forward it to the club for consideration and if all was ok then maybe something could be done but it would HAVE to be official as he wanted no trouble or double contracts. Dont see an issue myself to be honest other than being daft enough to talk so open over a phone.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the entire thing, personally think he is very foolish discussing any contract he has to an unknown over a telephone in the first place. If it is him and it may well be, to me he didnt speak badly of us and said the fans were great and so was the club but if it was a genuine offer then MLS would need to pay a fee to us between 500-700k as he has a long contract.

He also stated he had no agent to deal with regarding offers etc but if something official was sent to him (ie acting as his own agent) and was of interest he would then forward it to the club for consideration and if all was ok then maybe something could be done but it would HAVE to be official as he wanted no trouble or double contracts. Dont see an issue myself to be honest other than being daft enough to talk so open over a phone.

He's clearly not the brightest, who in darnation would pay £0.75m for him now? He has been a serial free-transfer his whole career.

Does that mean he wouldn't be a good signing for us?

I'm certain he'll still be more than good enough for the SPL never mind the lower league's.

There is a reason why Rangers had so much debt in the past. We over spent on older players and never made any money when they left.

We're in the 3rd division and it was supposed to be a "fresh start" for us.

Well he was garbage in England before he joined us and he was still a terrific signing. The SPL top scorer list is dominated by very average players. There's no doubt in my mind Miller would still be a stand out player in Scotland.

We don't even need fowards. Lee McCulloch has about 27 goals and Andly Little has 20 odd.

We need defenders.

"I went to Rangers for money, not the level of football, it's poor. I'll get another contract after Rangers"

If the level of football is so poor, then why has he looked so rotten at this level. 2 goals this season in the 4th tier of crap Scottish football does not bode well for his hope of "getting another contract after Rangers". The only way we will get shot of this joker would no doubt be to pay him off, cant see anyone touching him with a barge pole given the wages he is on with us.

Doesn't bother me at all.

You need to expect these sort of things to happen, deals in private are always going on anyway.

The fact that he's utterly howling also fuels my indifference towards it.

Just as well Ally's the Rangers manager, and you're not. The player is out of order taking this call in what seems an attempt to lure him into controversy. In saying that he handled it with a lot more dignity than it deserved. It doesn't surprise me that he spoke so well about Rangers.

Tbh I don't really blame him. We all knew he came here for the money and I would think his time here would of been a lot different.

If the abuse he was getting on Saturday is true, then I don't see why he wouldnt want to get away.

I am only going by what is said in the OP.

If he can play as well as he has done this season in div 3 then there should be no chance of another contract! However no one in their right mind would turn down the chance of more money and working at a higher level.

I dont really see much of a story in this

Obviously none of you have ever had an approach from another company offering more money, better prospects etc! And if you did you would hang the phone up immediately.

Lets be real folks do you think sandaza is a born and bred ger? Of course not. Hes playing for us for the money during his short playing career, and wants to do the best for himself.

that being said though hes a dirty traitor bastard and should be concentrating on pulling his finger out and playing better instead of hoping for a move away.

If that is Sandaza, and lets be honest anyone could impersonate someone in a "telephone" recording, then he is pretty stupid in discussing his contract with someone he doesn't know over the phone.

Having listened to it though he doesn't say anything bad about us or anything you wouldn't expect....Christ if rangers got 500k and he got a move to the mls I think we would all be delighted...the standard is shit, the weather is shit he's not wrong! He doesn't comment on ally and he praises the club and the fans....

The only thing I take from that that concerns me is that in 4 years he will be on 10k....I wonder what black and sheils will be on? That us fucking ridiculous if true and says to me we haven't learnt anything! Johnny Russell and McKay Steven ripped the piss out if us and are on less the 2k in the SPL...we really need to sort out our financial philosophy because if nothing else it is making the players lazy it seems...the idea of bonus related pay for performance/success is definetly something we should explore!