Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm just repeating myself over and over here.

Sandaza will probably be gone, Hemmings I don't think will get his contract renewed

I think we could use one or two strikers frankly

That's your take on it.

Not mine.

I think we are fine for strikers and if we are in a position where we cannot fund a scouting across Europe then we should not be spending money on positions we are not struggling in.

CB's yes but elswhere we are fine and have enough quality to win Div2.

Sandaza is on a big contract, there is no evidence he is going to be off and who would pay his current wage given this seasons perfromances?

As I said we have 5 strikers currently with 1 place up for grabs under the tactics we are playing with.

That's your take on it.

Not mine.

I think we are fine for strikers and if we are in a position where we cannot fund a scouting across Europe then we should not be spending money on positions we are not struggling in.

CB's yes but elswhere we are fine and have enough quality to win Div2.

Sandaza is on a big contract, there is no evidence he is going to be off and who would pay his current wage given this seasons perfromances?

As I said we have 5 strikers currently with 1 place up for grabs under the tactics we are playing with.

I'd be surprised if Fran stayed given that nobody seems to like him anyway and with this crap. Somebody would take a punt. He's hardly on a fortune. That's the wage of a league 1 team down south, and not even a big one.

I agree that centre back is the priority, absolutely.

I'd imagine there are plans in place for that too. Just find the whole reaction a little bizarre.

I'd be surprised if Fran stayed given that nobody seems to like him anyway and with this crap. Somebody would take a punt. He's hardly on a fortune. That's the wage of a league 1 team down south, and not even a big one.

I agree that centre back is the priority, absolutely.

I'd imagine there are plans in place for that too. Just find the whole reaction a little bizarre.

I think the reactions is a mixture of many things from frustrations from performances, manager comments, player attitudes, ect ect.

We have been behind in the scouting department for close to a decade and that’s when we had money, so I think some are worried that if we don’t start making strides on that front then it’s going to come back to bite us on the arse again.

Of course it doesn’t help looking across the city and seeing a scouting network reap rewards.

I think the reactions is a mixture of many things from frustrations from performances, manager comments, player attitudes, ect ect.

We have been behind in the scouting department for close to a decade and that’s when we had money, so I think some are worried that if we don’t start making strides on that front then it’s going to come back to bite us on the arse again.

Of course it doesn’t help looking across the city and seeing a scouting network reap rewards.

Agree with all of that. Our scouting network appears to be pretty underwhelming. Nothin new though. Think people just need to calm down. Going mad and frankly, we don't even know whether we've even talked to him yet. So incredibly reactionary.

75 goals in 29 league games isn't enough? It's the most goals scored in Scottish football this season. That's an average of 2.5 goals per game, how many were you expecting?

Fair enough. But with these players on the wages they are on yes I expect more goals, especially when they need them. QoS is doing about the same in the second

division and I expect a little better than their results at this level.

I don't see why Ally wants to offer Daly say £8k a week when he's probably going to sign Boyd and Miller

8k a week is almost double what is being speculated for his first few years.

We won't sign Boyd and Miller, maybe one of them but not both. Fran is gone, we are left with Jig,Hemmings(maybe) and Naismith. That is nowhere close to enough strength up front, wtf happens if we get an injury or two.

We won't sign Boyd and Miller, maybe one of them but not both. Fran is gone, we are left with Jig,Hemmings(maybe) and Naismith. That is nowhere close to enough strength up front, wtf happens if we get an injury or two.

We only play one up top remember

:D

We can bring in some imaginary 17 year old's who are ready for the first team