Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

Look at Man United playing with a 39 year old and quite a few 30 something's. players being young doesn't make them good. Ajax are winning because they have talented young players, if there are such talents available to us then I'd be delighted, please point them out to the club!

Comparing Ajax, a team in the top division in a talented footballing country, against us, a side in the bottom division of a shite footballing country, currently trying to get back up from near fatal years, with a transfer ban in place, is absolutely ludicrous. We can try to take elements of it, but your an absolute lunatic if you think we can follow it to a T

I credit Ajax, I really do, but we cannot sign these young talented players unless they are out of contract - are they?

We should be starting from scratch so that when we are in top division we are used to the system...we are going back to our old ways.

You honestly dont think their is good young players out there? I really need to point them out? Is that not the job of our scouts??? Are our scouts only capable of finding players like John Daly from UTD?

Lets hear your excuses now........

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be starting from scratch so that when we are in top division we are used to the system...we are going back to our old ways.

You honestly dont think their is good young players out there? I really need to point them out? Is that not the job of our scouts??? Are our scouts only capable of finding players like John Daly from UTD?

We cannot tear up a whole team now though. We cannot buy players until January and I don't think a team of teenagers would be as exciting as people think they would.

I think there are good players out there, of course, I don't think it's in any form, comparable to Ajax though. They ar e good not because they have a young team, but because they have a young team full of talented footballers (the likes that Scottish clubs could only dream of)

Our scouting is very limited, we all acknowledge that. It's nothing to do with excuses, it's merely pointing out that having a young team doesn't equal success. Too many people blindly think that a team full of young players would somehow solve all of our problems. They wouldn't. You need a team of young talented players and a manager who is able to get them playing football in a good manner.

I've said it before, we can only really judge Ally's future planning by seeing who he'll target when he can buy players. Too many think the solution is so easy

Do you know who our scouts are?

We cannot tear up a whole team now though. We cannot buy players until January and I don't think a team of teenagers would be as exciting as people think they would.

I think there are good players out there, of course, I don't think it's in any form, comparable to Ajax though. They ar e good not because they have a young team, but because they have a young team full of talented footballers (the likes that Scottish clubs could only dream of)

Our scouting is very limited, we all acknowledge that. It's nothing to do with excuses, it's merely pointing out that having a young team doesn't equal success. Too many people blindly think that a team full of young players would somehow solve all of our problems. They wouldn't. You need a team of young talented players and a manager who is able to get them playing football in a good manner.

I've said it before, we can only really judge Ally's future planning by seeing who he'll target when he can buy players. Too many think the solution is so easy

It's Ally's job and the management as well as the scouts he's put together to find these players. How are we going to find them when they are looking at 30 year olds playing in the SPL?

It's Ally's job and the management as well as the scouts he's put together to find these players. How are we going to find them when they are looking at 30 year olds playing in the SPL?

Do you know who our scouts are?

If the daily record is to be believed (hmmm...) our scouts pretty much have their hands tied behind their back. Basically no budget. No budget for youth scouting in the uk and no scouts in Europe. If true, it's more of an argument about Chuck and his budget than the scouts/ management team

We're looking at one thirty year old, not a fucking whole 11 of them. We're also constrained by having to look at out of contract players. I wouldn't image that particularly gifted players had been allowed to run down their contracts

I won't have a problem with moaning if we are looking at a bunch of thirty something's next summer but I can't fathom how people can be doing their nut considering we can only sign guys who are out of contract and have basically no scouting outwits the uk.

If that prank phone call is genuine, which I believe it is as its definitely Sandaza, then he is on a sliding wage, which makes sense.. moving up the leagues gives you a higher wage..

Sandaza tells the prankster he is on £4,500 a week for the first season of his four-year deal which goes up to £10,000 in the final year.

By that time the Ibrox club would expect to be back in the top flight of Scottish football.

Im not pulling this "out my arse".

So based on a prank that may or may not be Sandaza's actual pay, and a news story that suggests Daly would get the same pay (alongside the presumption it's the higher number, not the lower one) Daly might get a comparable wage to 10k a week?

Numbers being pulled out of everyone's arse.

Our main priority should be two new CBs and a RB. We're already scoring enough goals it's the defense we need to fix.

I agree defense needs help for higher division but it really hasnt done that bad . Less than a goal a game. The team isnt

scoring enough for this level. Biggest problem I see is midfield. No number 10 in the squad. MacLeod has done well other

than that It's not good. Black really brings nothing to the team. The other mids are usually playing out of postion. Not really

their fault.

Look at Man United playing with a 39 year old and quite a few 30 something's. players being young doesn't make them good. Ajax are winning because they have talented young players, if there are such talents available to us then I'd be delighted, please point them out to the club!

Comparing Ajax, a team in the top division in a talented footballing country, against us, a side in the bottom division of a shite footballing country, currently trying to get back up from near fatal years, with a transfer ban in place, is absolutely ludicrous. We can try to take elements of it, but your an absolute lunatic if you think we can follow it to a T

I credit Ajax, I really do, but we cannot sign these young talented players unless they are out of contract - are they?

I don't know how many times I need to say this, we can sign under 18 year olds!

I agree defense needs help for higher division but it really hasnt done that bad . Less than a goal a game. The team isnt

scoring enough for this level. Biggest problem I see is midfield. No number 10 in the squad. MacLeod has done well other

than that It's not good. Black really brings nothing to the team. The other mids are usually playing out of postion. Not really

their fault.

Actually agree with this. With Templeton out of the side, you see how lacking we are in terms of creating chances. Shiels has been pretty hit or miss. Wild love a playmaker to play in front of our midfield and connecting up with a striker

I don't know how many times I need to say this, we can sign under 18 year olds!

Ok, we have no scouts in Europe, no scouting budget for youths in the UK and Scotland, while not as bad as it used to be, is hardly a hub for you talent. Which 'youths' do we sign and how do we identify them?

their fault.

75 goals in 29 league games isn't enough? It's the most goals scored in Scottish football this season. That's an average of 2.5 goals per game, how many were you expecting?

If the daily record is to be believed (hmmm...) our scouts pretty much have their hands tied behind their back. Basically no budget. No budget for youth scouting in the uk and no scouts in Europe. If true, it's more of an argument about Chuck and his budget than the scouts/ management team

Aye but who are they? There was 1 mentioned the other day but I can't even remember his name then it's only Neil Murray that ever gets mentioned. I agree it's up to Green and co to invest in a scouting network, some people act as if Ally doesn't want to have good scouts to get the best players available to him.

Ok, we have no scouts in Europe, no scouting budget for youths in the UK and Scotland, while not as bad as it used to be, is hardly a hub for you talent. Which 'youths' do we sign and how do we identify them?

:lol:

You've just pretty much answered the point.

Why is the whole forum so keen on Hemmings on the basis he's scored regularly in the first division but so unkeen on Da?ly despite the fact he's a proven goalscorer in a division higher than the one Hemmings impressed in?

I'd be quite content with us signing Daly to be honest. Sandaza might go, KK is gone, there are serious concerns over Shiels injury and Hemmings contract is up. A striker will be necessary (tu)

I would have thought we would be better signing players from lower divisions because they are used to playing on the crap grounds, whereas exSPL players are finding it difficult to adjust and therefore we're not getting the best out them!

This is the whole point. Why waste money on a player that will only be here for a short period of time, rather than spend that money wisely for the future good of the club? Its essential that we dont do what we did in the past. We need to change our approach, and to have a good scouting network is key to that approach!

This is the whole point. Why waste money on a player that will only be here for a short period of time, rather than spend that money wisely for the future good of the club? Its essential that we dont do what we did in the past. We need to change our approach, and to have a good scouting network is key to that approach!

(tu)

It's not like we are crying out for a striker anyway.

Little

Jig

Hemmings

Naismith

Sandaza

While we only play with 1 up top most games anyway.

Of course we do. But unless that player is out of contract or under 18, they cannot sign until January at earliest. We could sign a 17 year old but I wouldn't imagine many 17 year olds would come in and make an impact now. We'll probably have to replace a few losses too. Would all fans take the hit of not challenging in cups for that? Certainly not all of the,. It's a balancing act. Daly is 30, not 35. As I've said countless times, if this is the attitude come next summer, then sure, I'm with you. Until them, realistically, we have to look slightly short term to get through this transfer ban

(tu)

It's not like we are crying out for a striker anyway.

Little

Jig

Hemmings

Naismith

Sandaza

While we only play with 1 up top most games anyway.

Ok I'm just repeating myself over and over here.

Sandaza will probably be gone, Hemmings I don't think will get his contract renewed, Jig will be 35 and has injury issues of his own

I think we could use one or two strikers frankly