My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

Nae' herm intendet', like, tae' the OP and several others, but.........his playing career and his managerial career have got sweet hee-haw to do with one another.

Alex Ferguson was at best a workmanlike player who left Rangers soon after he "left" Billy McBungle alone at a corner kick in the Scottish Cup Final (I was there). He went on to star ( :pipe: ) at lesser clubs like Falkirk and Ayr United before stepping into football management via east Stirlingshire, St Mirren, the Sheep and famously, Manchester United where his managerial "legend" status has been created these past 27-years.

He also did a small stint as Scotland manager......but we won't hold that against him.

See what he did there?

Yup....he went to a couple of smaller clubs, learned his trade and moved up the managerial ladder.

McCoist, on the other hand, has been shoehorned into the biggest job in Scottish football.

His first managerial role.

His pal and mentor, Walter Smith, stuck him in deep shit without the aid of a paddle.

He should thank Walter for that one.

The SS McCoist Managerial Career is floundering and is heading for the rocks.

The supporters who backed him and his "don't do walking away" are seeing things for what they are.

The emotional "Ally" rollercoaster we've all been on is about to derail big time.

He should pack his bags, make a nice speech and leave the job once this title is done and dusted.

PS. Just in case anyone mentions "lack of pre-season/playing with a depleted squad/no time to scout/yaddah-yaddah-yaddah".....I'll just say three short words.

The Ramsden Cup.

Good example Alex Ferguson, never had issues with his own fans wanting him sacked has he? Bet Man U are glad they stuck with him.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good example Alex Ferguson, never had issues with his own fans wanting him sacked has he? Bet Man U are glad they stuck with him.

Not so.

I know several Man Utd fans personally who wanted him gone.

He was one result away from the tin-tack......and he got lucky.

It basically comes down to TRUST.

Do you TRUST Ally will always do his best for Rangers?

Do you TRUST Ally knows the standards and expectations at Rangers better than anyone?

Do you TRUST that if it doesn't come together and we continue to struggle he will know it's time to pass on the reins?

Some on here quite clearly don't TRUST him as the manager, as the legend and as a man.

Your attempts to twist people's opinions is getting more and more pathetic by the day.

The difference being Ferguson had won the cup winners cup with Aberdeen and was rightly afforded time due to his previous abilites.

Also consider the level of opposition Man Utd were up against.

Now...Compare with Rangers in the bottom tier of Scottish football against part time teams with a manager who whether people like it or not does not have a good

track record(before the shit hit the fan).

To those who miss the point of the 'Ally, Ally get to.....' game against Dundee. It shows our lack of patience and faith as a support in general. We would have kicked him out that day, and missed out on our greatest goalscorer.

To those who don't think his status and character counts - when did we stop caring about the character of those involved with the club?

To those who want a 'footballing defence' - everyone keeps telling me they are bored of my 'excuses', but I would happily run through it again.

To those who believe Ally-supporters are stupid - get off your arrogant high horse.

To those who think the views are eternal on him staying, this is patently not the case, I have made clear when I think would be a reasonable time to judge him in other posts.

And to everyone else, if you don't value patience and loyalty, then please do not come bleating to me the next time we have a player who wants to leave us for more money, or a better league.

If anyone in the history of this club deserves a second, third, fourth or fifth chance, it is Ally McCoist.

I accept anyone's right to disagree with me, I wish some wouldn't seem to enjoy their desperation to see the back of this legend.

Nobody is enjoying this, there's no-one the Rangers support would love to see be a successful manager more than Ally McCoist. Some just think sadly it's never going to happen.

That's a great example. Look at the trophies Fergie had behind him before joined Man Utd. He assembled a team that dominated in Scotland and beat Real Madrid in a European final. That track record got him the United job in the first place and showed that he was a more than able manager. The only trophies on Ally's CV are a couple of Question of Sport Christmas Specials. Comparing McCoist to Ferguson is like comparing Kelly Brooks to Susan Boyle.

Nobody is enjoying this, there's no-one the Rangers support would love to see be a successful manager more than Ally McCoist. Some just think sadly it's never going to happen.

I don't think you are enjoying it STB but some posters are revelling in it, and it is sickening to read.

The difference being Ferguson had won the cup winners cup with Aberdeen and was rightly afforded time due to his previous abilites.

Also consider the level of opposition Man Utd were up against.

Now...Compare with Rangers in the bottom tier of Scottish football against part time teams with a manager who whether people like it or not does not have a good

track record(before the shit hit the fan).

Sounds like excuses to me.

Your attempts to twist people's opinions is getting more and more pathetic by the day.

Well you could always ignore me. I'm not twisting anything, its my opinion.

Did you answer yes to those questions? If you did, then that trust should mean he deserves a bit more time.

I trust him to sort out our issues on the park. I trust him to put Rangers first and foremost. I trust Ally the manager and the man.

Well you could always ignore me. I'm not twisting anything, its my opinion.

Did you answer yes to those questions? If you did, then that trust should mean he deserves a bit more time.

I trust him to sort out our issues on the park. I trust him to put Rangers first and foremost. I trust Ally the manager and the man.

I trust him to attempt it to the best of his abilities, as anyone getting a good wage should.

I have no faith that he will sort it.

As far as the football on show goes,I think it's glaringly obvious we are going backwards instead of forwards. We are missing a great opportunity,one which we may never have again,to reshape this club from top to bottom.

It's not going to happen though. Ally will remain and the football will be horrendous to watch. I want Ally to prove every single one of us wrong and to make a success of being the manager of this great club,unfortunately I just don't think he is capable of doing so.

I trust him to attempt it to the best of his abilities, as anyone getting a good wage should.

I have no faith that he will sort it.

This is more than just a wage to Ally. Everyone wants him to be successful, no one more than Ally himself because it means Rangers will be successful.

I obviously still have a wee bit more confidence in him than yourself.

Stunning inability to seperate Ally the player from Ally the manager

Do folk not realise the more they desperately quoted Ally's former glories the more it simply highlights his current tragic deficiencies?

Self-defeating with cherries on top