My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

I was trying to keep it simple for obvious reasons, but you may be aware that despite his success in one situation, Churchill (who you describe as greatest Briton of all time) was replaced as it was felt he didnt have the attributes required to manage the necessary change in another. Obviously the later didnt affect the former given your rating of him.

I think that's a really good analogy....Churchill was the right man to see us through the war and was a great ambassador in times of trouble but he wasn't best suited to rebuilding and taking the country forward...so apt IMO for the situation with ally!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that leeway have been afforded though? You are saying it hypothetically and maybe you would but do you think the majority would based on the competition and resources we still have despite our troubles?

I thought we'd back Ally through this season. So no you're probably right.

Disloyalty??? Honestly you lot are unreal....loyalty means supporting someone(thing) no matter what....so if your "loyalty" is to ally the manager then that means no matter what happens you would never be able to replace him unless he left of his own accord.....even if we never win a top flight trophy ever again you would remain "loyal" to ally? Because surely it would be "disloyal" to change your views based in results?.....it's very dangerous to put that amount of faith in any one man especially when this far there have been very little signs to suggest he has the attributes to be a success!

There is a sense of unfinished business that will not go away for some people( for me anyway), Ally has to get that chance to take us back to the top league, who knows if we struggle in the 2nd or 1st division and don't go up, I along with many others on here will probably add our voices to the Ally must go team. The integrity of the man suggests to me that we will not need to. So blind Loyalty no

Great that you are so passionate but the examples you make are also why I admire Ally as a person, but not as a manager.

The reason nobody has been able to defend him as a manager (that I have seen) is because the evidence just doesn't exist.

When we make room for sentiment we remove quality control in my opinion

I was trying to keep it simple for obvious reasons, but you may be aware that despite his success in one situation, Churchill (who you describe as greatest Briton of all time) was replaced as it was felt he didnt have the attributes required to manage the necessary change in another. Obviously the later didnt affect the former given your rating of him.

Winston Churchill, the English voted for him in a national vote. Ally McCoist the bears voted for him, I know which one I trust....

Great that you are so passionate but the examples you make are also why I admire Ally as a person, but not as a manager.

The reason nobody has been able to defend him as a manager (that I have seen) is because the evidence just doesn't exist.

When we make room for sentiment we remove quality control in my opinion

Damn right the evidence doesn't exist, and if certain elements of our support has their way it never will, Ally won't manage another team, not after Rangers. So it will be back to Question of sport and flirting with Sue Barker, earning bucket loads of cash, celebrity parties, stardom. wait a minute Ally what are you doing.

So at least you would accept that the fans were wrong that day?

The history doesn't lie so yes, the same as we/I was wrong about Mark Hateley.

He had scored goals elsewhere as a player, as had Hateley, Ally has never managed before, apart from the cups when Walter used to always have to come down and instigate things.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong but I'm certain I would have seen something by now to convince me he can turn it around.

HE'S NOT A GOOD MANAGER IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Stop coming out with this pish everytime you don't like posters wanting Ally to leave.

Yes he was in meetings during admin he was the PR man for the fans, he had no pre season etc etc etc etc etc................

The point is he has got a team now and they have got worse and worse since the start of the season. Struggling against par timers.

Our players should be getting fitter as the season goes on but instead looks like the opposite is happening.

HE'S NOT A GOOD MANAGER IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Stop coming out with this pish everytime you don't like posters wanting Ally to leave.

Yes he was in meetings during admin he was the PR man for the fans, he had no pre season etc etc etc etc etc................

The point is he has got a team now and they have got worse and worse since the start of the season. Struggling against par timers.

Our players should be getting fitter as the season goes on but instead looks like the opposite is happening.

How fitter are Black, McLeod, Shiels, Templeton, Sandaza,Kyle, Perry at the moment?

7 under 21's started the game day Saturday.

How fitter are Black, McLeod, Shiels, Templeton, Sandaza,Kyle, Perry at the moment?

7 under 21's started the game day Saturday.

Who mentioned anything about Saturday? I'm talking about the whole season. Our players have got worse as the season has went on.

And look unfit and slow. At the start of the season we did used to play some good football at times our players were faster than the rest of the part timers which every one expected them to be anyway.

But something has changed and these part timers are out running us and outplaying our players.

Im starting to get the impression that some supporters are desperate for him to leave before next season in case he does turn it around, and they end up looking stupid.

I get the impression some people want him to leave at the end of the season incase we get even worse and start filling our team with overpaid players from the SPL.

But no some people won't see it this way. And because people are telling the truth about Ally people don't like it.

If it was any other manager serving up this Shiite every week everyone would be agreeing he should leave.

I get the impression some people think Ally is bigger than the club. Ally himself will tell you he's not.

It's about time some fans agreed with him on that.

Who mentioned anything about Saturday? I'm talking about the whole season. Our players have got worse as the season has went on.

And look unfit and slow. At the start of the season we did used to play some good football at times our players were faster than the rest of the part timers which every one expected them to be anyway.

But something has changed and these part timers are out running us and outplaying our players.

so yu agree that Ally has had the team playing well at points this season..and also last seaaon?

Is that something that someone who is "never a manager" could do?

He and his team built the big lead that we lost.

He galvanized the team for a last big push last season when it looked like moherwell might catch us.

He had a sketchy start to this season, then took the team on a good winning run where we played good football.

He has some of the kids playing good football at times too.

But none of that matters right?

I get the impression some people want him to leave at the end of the season incase we get even worse and start filling our team with overpaid players from the SPL.

But no some people won't see it this way. And because people are telling the truth about Ally people don't like it.

If it was any other manager serving up this Shiite every week everyone would be agreeing he should leave.

I get the impression some people think Ally is bigger than the club. Ally himself will tell you he's not.

It's about time some fans agreed with him on that.

Well, guess what? Unfortunately for you and the other members of the 2 up top brigade, he will be here next season and will get a full summer to attempt to attract players. Better hunker down my man, you're in for a long one.

so yu agree that Ally has had the team playing well at points this season..and also last seaaon?

He galvanized the team for a last big push last season when it looked like moherwell might catch us.

He had a sketchy start to this season, then took the team on a good winning run where we played good football.

The positive points are invalid.

Well, guess what? Unfortunately for you and the other members of the 2 up top brigade, he will be here next season and will get a full summer to attempt to attract players. Better hunker down my man, you're in for a long one.

Ok we will will seen in he summer then. When fans are sick of his pish and don't renew tickets. Green will listen to they fans.