My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

I am proud to state that I am both Presbyterian and a Loyalist. Both these titles carry many attributes amongst them is faith and virtue.

In our darkest hours last year Ally McCoist virtually single handedly carried this stricken club on his shoulders. As supporters we all leaned on Ally for hope and assurance - something he provided regularly and in abundance last Summer.

Not like any other manager in the UK at that time was Ally busily building a squad - no , Ally was attending meetings with administrators and lawyers with the simple but critical remit of keeping our club afloat. He then had 8 days before a transfer embargo to bolster a squad of less than 10 players. Can you believe that? Yes it's true. And in all truth basically pulled in anyone who happens to be available. In truth, mostly players no other club wanted! Never mind pre season training! No, that's for others to worry about. Just get on with it. And on with it he did.

Now after last Saturday the critics are circling (and the rhats must be hoping) with the intent of forcing Ally out. Thanks for the 355 goals. Thanks for the 27 old firm goals and two hat tricks in cup finals against the rhats. Thanks for winning the golden boot twice. And perhaps most pointedly thanks for hanging in there when it got tough.

You see the last point is the most telling. I was at Ibrox to witness the most appealing act I ever witnessed the Rangers support ever dish out on a player. It was a Scottish Cup clash with Dundee in early 1985 and Ally had a nightmare. During the second half thousands (and thousands is no exaggerating!) decided to sing ( with great gusto) Ally, Ally get to f..k! Some younger bears may find this unbelievable and simply not true. However, the older bears on this forum know otherwise. It happened alright. And it was only 10 months after his hattrick won us the league cup against sellick!

What was Ally's response? Well thank God it wasn't what they 'loyal bears' asked for. Ally responded by going on record breaking goal scoring spree. He could have left. He had offers, not great ones admittedly, but he should loyalty and virtue in face of the perhaps the greatest adversity any Rangers player received from their own support.

Furthermore, we all know Ally is one of us. Rangers then, Rangers now and Rangers forever. His loyalty is under no doubt. He is Rangers through and through. He knows better than anyone what are the standards. He has risen to them on countless occasions. He will know if he is no longer up to the task. And in the final analysis he should be allowed this luxury if nothing else for the service and commitment he has shown over so many years.

So Vanguard thread and all other Ally critics that's my stand on this. I state it unashamedly and without any doubts. I am a proud and lifelong Bear. I've had a season ticket for over 30 consecutive years. And I will renew next season and attend even if we are worse. And I will never round up against one of our greatest ever servants.

I repeat that Ally will know I he isn't up to it he simply deserves the chance to once silence all the doubters just like he did back in 1985!

Exactly! LOYALTY works both ways, a few disappointing results are exactly that - disappointing but not life or death.

Without Ally hanging in there on our darkest days we would have had fuck all club to support.

Give him a break fur fuck sake - he wont let Rangers down, if the time comes he is man enough to call it himself.

Not for internet 'experts' to say what happens unless you win the Euromillions and stick £25m into the club,

THEN you can call the shots.

NO SURRENDER.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've said exactly what I have been thinking for weeks. Didn't have the balls to post for the grief I would have recieved. I find it disgusting the comments being made by alot on here

At what point will those defending Ally, (which is their right), change their mind and decide he should go ?

5 dire games ?

10 dire games ?

a dire season ?

Will they then consider themselves disloyal by wanting him to leave the job ?

Their argument means they can never want him removed. It will still be the same Ally, the same legend etc, one of us, blah, blah,blah

I would love to see him at Ibrox for 20 years, but the reality is, he hasn't shown any ability as a manager and appears to be taking the team backwards.

As for calling any bears disloyal or traitors for wanting Ally to move upstairs, that is ridiculous. Referring to my questions above. At what point do you stop being a traitor for wanting him to leave ?

What do the Vanguard Bears have to say to that then?

Maybe they are away voting on a response. Did they vote on the apparent decision to withdraw backing for Ally? I really don't know. Either way, they don't speak for me or I would be a member of their forum and not posting here. We have enough negativity on this site without other forums adding to it. Believe you me, the posters who don't want Ally have started hundreds of threads, and turn just about every topic into a debate on Ally's shortcomings. They don't need help.

Exactly! LOYALTY works both ways, a few disappointing results are exactly that - disappointing but not life or death.

Without Ally hanging in there on our darkest days we would have had fuck all club to support.

Give him a break fur fuck sake - he wont let Rangers down, if the time comes he is man enough to call it himself.

Not for internet 'experts' to say what happens unless you win the Euromillions and stick £25m into the club,

THEN you can call the shots.

NO SURRENDER.

I've never quite understood this but without ally how would we have had no team to support ?

Without Charles green maybe seeing as his consortium bought the club .

I think it's important to distinguish between ally the legend and ally the manager! Too many of you cannot see the difference and are unable to sensibly discuss his attributes and performance as manager without harking back to past glories.....now I agree the VB post was out of order and was very close to a personal attack on ally but these constant threads portraying ally as a saint who can't be questioned are just as bad.....yes we would all love ally to succeed but 2 years on we have seen nothing to convince that can happen....if you don't agree and think he has shown glimpses of tactical, technical and motivational managerial attributes (minus the excuses) then please share them with the rest of us!

we had 2 trophies to win and have failed, Ally will not know when his time is up because most managers dont see it, feck he thinks we did well by not conceding a goal on Saturday, the crowds are dropping and when that happens then the board will take notice.

For him to have seen Faure and Cribrani and decided they were footballers worries me

Div 3 of scottish football what a perfect chance to change his outlook to how football should be played

I disagree, why would you spend 5 years as an apprentice to Walter Smith if you are just gonna throw all that out the window and decide on a completely new footballing strategy???? We were all as perplexed with the tactical decisions of both McLeish and Smith made but yet they were successful managers, especially Walter. Ally has had nearly 2 years under circumstances no other manager has ever had to deal with. He may not make it as a manager but how can you say he has had a fair crack of the whip. There are definite problems with the current team but Ally deserves the chance to fix those problems.

I think you echo the majority of the support. Ally will get next year, at the very least, despite the bleating of the Laptop Loyal.

It's no longer the Laptop Loyal though.

The frustration is spilling onto the stands - I think they've been booed off at half time, full time or both for the last three or four matches.

John Greig was a hero and fans were at the front door wanting him out.

Aye, there was no holding back in those days for fear of being called disloyal.

I even remember some of the players being booed as the team was announced over the tannoy.

It's no longer the Laptop Loyal though.

The frustration is spilling onto the stands - I think they've been booed off at half time, full time or both for the last three or four matches.

Anyone who thinks that it's anything other than a minority of the wider support who think Ally should walk is talking arrant nonsense.

Anyone who thinks that it's anything other than a minority of the wider support who think Ally should walk is talking arrant nonsense.

how do you know? i dont know if its majority or minority but i do know fans are booing the team and not bothering their arses turning up so all isnt as rosy as you seem to think.

how do you know? i dont know if its majority or minority but i do know fans are booing the team and not bothering their arses turning up so all isnt as rosy as you seem to think.

The crowds have been stunning this year. The main reason the crowd was down at the weekend was because the weather and kick off time made travelling impossible for a lot of people, from Northern Ireland in particular. The game was on TV and the League is all but won. It's not as black and white as you make out.

Booing at the whistle after a bad result doesn't mean you want the manager out, I don't know any Rangers fan in real life who doesn't want McCoist to succeed and recognise that it takes time and patience.