My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean that you agree with me? You are all over the place with your arguments.

Has Ally had the team playing good football in spells or not?

Ok we will will seen in he summer then. When fans are sick of his pish and don't renew tickets. Green will listen to they fans.

Even individuals considered the worst football managers in history have had the odd swallow to try and make the summer.

thats my point. Its not just the odd game where we have played well. Its closer to half the games we have played IMO.

Very very inconsistant. But thw positive points are there if you are willing to see them.

It's hard to remember to mention the positives when they're outweighed by the negatives.

i dont think that they are outwieghed at all. I think some people chose to remember the bad and ommit the good.

I think its about half and half mate

It's hard to remember to mention the positives when they're outweighed by the negatives.

Results wise what has Ally achieved since he took over Rangers?

How have we done in Europe, cups and domestically?

A good spell around winter this season and a great performance against Motherwell is all I can think of this season. The real worry there is that he cannot get a level of consistency from his players against cannon fodder so what happens when it's against better opposition on a regular basis?

I think that's a really good analogy....Churchill was the right man to see us through the war and was a great ambassador in times of trouble but he wasn't best suited to rebuilding and taking the country forward...so apt IMO for the situation with ally!

McCoist is a wartime consiglieri?

A good spell around winter this season and a great performance against Motherwell is all I can think of this season. The real worry there is that he cannot get a level of consistency from his players against cannon fodder so what happens when it's against better opposition on a regular basis?

I know it can seem daft talking about hypothetical scenarios but it's just as well we had that run around November and December, otherwise our gap at the top may not be so big.

The team let Ally down in Europe, and those games were amongst his first games in charge of the club.

We came secind in the SPL despite losing our two best players, not replacing them. And had a 10 point penalty added.

We have also breezed the league we are currently.

Cups....bad results last seson, dissapoing loss in Ramsdens. And put out of the other two this year by teams playing 3 leaguea above us.

The team let Ally down in Europe, and those games were amongst his first games in charge of the club.

We came secind in the SPL despite losing our two best players, not replacing them. And had a 10 point penalty added.

Cups....bad results last seson, dissapoing loss in Ramsdens. And put out of the other two this year by teams playing 3 leaguea above us.

We still had the second best squad in Scotland with Aluko, Davis, Whittaker, AM, Wallace, Boca, Goain ect when Jelavic left. With the players we had compared to Motherwell we rightly should have pipped them to second spot.

The squad let him down? Well you could pretty much back any manager in the land by that statement, no manager would ever lose their jobs if the blame rested on the players.

I expect better from the players and as manager Ally has to pick the correct ones and get the best out of them, I have not seen nearly enough of that to judge hat he can take the club forward.

We still had the second best squad in Scotland with Aluko, Davis, Whittaker, AM, Wallace, Boca, Goain ect when Jelavic left. With the players we had compared to Motherwell we rightly should have pipped them to second spot.

The squad let him down? Well you could pretty much back any manager in the land by that statement, no manager would ever lose their jobs if the blame rested on the players.

I expect better from the players and as manager Ally has to pick the correct ones and get the best out of them, I have not seen nearly enough of that to judge hat he can take the club forward.

if we had the second best squad in scotland, why does Ally take so much shit for only finishing second and blowing the big lead that he and the team built in the first place?

You're sugar coating the European situation. I'll say Whittaker and Bougherra did badly let him down in Malmo but there was still the awful first leg then the subsequent Maribor ties, where the buck simply has to stop with the manager. Also after years of apprenticeship under Smith we were told McCoist was ready, he knew the squad very well, so to talk about how early it was in his career isn't really much of a valid reason/excuse either imo.

With the squad we had finishing 2nd last season was what had to be expected, even with a 10 point penalty.

Cup exits this season, while we are no longer the huge favourites against SPL sides the manner of the defeats was unacceptable..

You're sugar coating the European situation. I'll say Whittaker and Bougherra did badly let him down in Malmo but there was still the awful first leg then the subsequent Maribor ties, where the buck simply has to stop with the manager. Also after years of apprenticeship under Smith we were told McCoist was ready, he knew the squad very well, so to talk about how early it was in his career isn't really much of a valid reason/excuse either imo.

With the squad we had finishing 2nd last season was what had to be expected, even with a 10 point penalty.

Cup exits this season, while we are no longer the huge favourites against SPL sides the manner of the defeats was unacceptable..

How magnanimous of you.

I am sugar coating nothing about Europe.

We utterly dominated one of those teams and had over 20 atempts at goal in one of the matches. The strikers missed countless chances and players got themselves nedlessly sent off.

Thats exaclty what i mean when i say the team let him down.

I am sugar coating nothing about Europe.

We utterly dominated one of those teams and had over 20 atempts at goal in one of the matches. The strikers missed countless chances and players got themselves nedlessly sent off.

Thats exaclty what i mean when i say the team let him down.

We tried to hold onto a lead in Maribor and paid for it with a defeat.

if we had the second best squad in scotland, why does Ally take so much shit for only finishing second and blowing the big lead that he and the team built in the first place?

Jelavic's exit and a 10 point deduction changed the complexion of the squad, but it was more than a match for Celtic prior to all that.