My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on here are thinking these are mutually exclusive...

But you have to be able to differentiate between the two....if any other manager had presided over this season you would not be "loyal" to them.....should we not have remained loyal to Alex Mcleish then after everything he did for us? No because the progress and prosperity of the club must come first.....where does the loyalty to ally end? How long do we give him? Do we allow him to sign a new squad this summer who may end up under performing like black, sheils etc then what? Do we stop being loyal then?

The one thing ally was asked to do this season was to win the league, and regardless of performance he is a few points away from that goal. In my eyes this is a success when taking into account the fact we almost didn't have a team. We all know that the performances have not been great, but we have players that even 2 years ago we would not have even considered signing. Ally will come good, I think we all know this deep down. Let's get behind him.

The one thing ally was asked to do this season was to win the league, and regardless of performance he is a few points away from that goal. In my eyes this is a success when taking into account the fact we almost didn't have a team. We all know that the performances have not been great, but we have players that even 2 years ago we would not have even considered signing. Ally will come good, I think we all know this deep down. Let's get behind him.

Well thats me convinced and falling in behind.

Have you heard of Winston Churchill?

Winston Churchill greatest briton of all time, Alistair Murdoch McCoist 2nd greatest Ranger of all time, John Greig greatest Ranger of all time, we managed to shame ourselves at the end of his tenure, lets try not to do it again.(I didnt vote for Churchill by the way, but if you can show me his link with the mighty Glasgow Rangers I will)

Bloody good post from the o.p...totally agree, can't believe the disloyalty shown by some on this forum, loyal being a word synonymous with supporting rangers makes it difficult to understand some folks stance on mccoist but thankfully it seems most people agree with muirhead which is a relief...I guess the noisy minority always seem to shout louder and make it appear we're all a bunch of ungrateful cunts!

But you have to be able to differentiate between the two....if any other manager had presided over this season you would not be "loyal" to them.....should we not have remained loyal to Alex Mcleish then after everything he did for us? No because the progress and prosperity of the club must come first.....where does the loyalty to ally end? How long do we give him? Do we allow him to sign a new squad this summer who may end up under performing like black, sheils etc then what? Do we stop being loyal then?

You compare this situation with old managers like it's a blueprint we should follow.

It basically comes down to TRUST.

Do you TRUST Ally will always do his best for Rangers?

Do you TRUST Ally knows the standards and expectations at Rangers better than anyone?

Do you TRUST that if it doesn't come together and we continue to struggle he will know it's time to pass on the reins?

Some on here quite clearly don't TRUST him as the manager, as the legend and as a man.

Codswallop.

Bloody good post from the o.p...totally agree, can't believe the disloyalty shown by some on this forum, loyal being a word summonous with supporting rangers makes it difficult to understand some folks stance on mccoist but thankfully it seems most people agree with muirhead which is a relief...I guess the noisy minority always seem to shout louder and make it appear we're all a bunch of ungrateful cunts!

So its a crime to have an oppinion because people dont agree with you with a statement like that , do you go to the games ? are you happy with the team performances ?

Bloody good post from the o.p...totally agree, can't believe the disloyalty shown by some on this forum, loyal being a word summonous with supporting rangers makes it difficult to understand some folks stance on mccoist but thankfully it seems most people agree with muirhead which is a relief...I guess the noisy minority always seem to shout louder and make it appear we're all a bunch of ungrateful cunts!

Disloyalty??? Honestly you lot are unreal....loyalty means supporting someone(thing) no matter what....so if your "loyalty" is to ally the manager then that means no matter what happens you would never be able to replace him unless he left of his own accord.....even if we never win a top flight trophy ever again you would remain "loyal" to ally? Because surely it would be "disloyal" to change your views based in results?.....it's very dangerous to put that amount of faith in any one man especially when this far there have been very little signs to suggest he has the attributes to be a success!

You compare this situation with old managers like it's a blueprint we should follow.

Why shouldn't we? Taking account of all the problems we are still playing in a vastly reduced standard of league and don't have the same pressures as Mcleish and le guen had to contend with competing with Celtic....

It's not disloyalty or trust or any other word you want to use it is fact.....any other manager would not receive the same backing as ally has regardless of the on field performances and lack of progress and that is dangerous as you need to distinguish between ally the legend and manager to judge him fairly!

Winston Churchill greatest briton of all time, Alistair Murdoch McCoist 2nd greatest greatest Ranger of all time, John Greig greatest Ranger of all time, we managed to shame ourselves at the end of his tenure, lets try not to do it again.(I didnt vote for Churchill by the way, but if you can show me his link with the mighty Glasgow Rangers I will)

I was trying to keep it simple for obvious reasons, but you may be aware that despite his success in one situation, Churchill (who you describe as greatest Briton of all time) was replaced as it was felt he didnt have the attributes required to manage the necessary change in another. Obviously the later didnt affect the former given your rating of him.

Why shouldn't we? Taking account of all the problems we are still playing in a vastly reduced standard of league and don't have the same pressures as Mcleish and le guen had to contend with competing with Celtic....

It's not disloyalty or trust or any other word you want to use it is fact.....any other manager would not receive the same backing as ally has regardless of the on field performances and lack of progress and that is dangerous as you need to distinguish between ally the legend and manager to judge him fairly!

Perhaps if he had spent two seasons toiling in the spl then yes i could understand the comparison. But after what we went through, and how the manager conducted himself I think (purely my own opinion) that we would have afforded a bit more leeway to him whoever he was.

Perhaps if he had spent two seasons toiling in the spl then yes i could understand the comparison. But after what we went through, and how the manager conducted himself I think (purely my own opinion) that we would have afforded a bit more leeway to him whoever he was.

Would that leeway have been afforded though? You are saying it hypothetically and maybe you would but do you think the majority would based on the competition and resources we still have despite our troubles?

Did you show loyalty to PLG? We're you raging when he got booted out? Ally should not receive any special treatment just because he's a club legend as that is not conducive with the greater good of the club. Nor do I think for one minute he would expect it. There's honest loyalty which is noble and then there is blind loyalty which is potentially suicidal.