Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

I don't like Irish people, because i'm a Rangers fan apparantly that's a big deal but i also hate the French, Welsh and Yanks yet that's not a big deal.

I don't know if others have different reasons for not wanting them, they might have ones i don't understand but they're still Rangers fans with opinions, the same as you and me (tu)

Why do you hate the Irish, French and "Yanks"? I'm curious.

This threads outing a few who want to give us a bad name :rolleyes: Daly isn't my idea of a progressive signing but this don't sign him coz he's Irish and must be a terrorist is pathetic and very taig like

Agreed. I don't give a shite where a player is from, if he does well for the club that's what counts.

My Sister-in-law is from the South and her family are protestant. One of the biggest Parades on the Island is in the South. All the locals, Catholic and Protestant go and watch it. I will only go to bike rallies in the South, (too many Northern Bikers are creeps), Southern Bikers are welcoming, really love a good piss-up and never mention the Northern Irish issues or either side as they just won't tolerate it. Most Southerners I have ever met are embarrassed by and hate the IRA.

Oh, good call. You hope we waste money on a past it, and by the sounds of it a 90 goal per 15 yr player... 6 goals a season... Who has already draped the terrorist colours over his shoulders after games from whatc being said.

Rather than bringing in someone who won't be retiring when get get to the higher leagues, for less money. Who isn't going to make my eyes bleed.

Football is the point, his country is irrelevant. Why wate club funds on a FUD, to spite these ultras you speak of...

WATP - and daily isn't.

It's Daly.

I would be impressed aswell if i was his age playing for the no marks he's playing with just now. Then getting a chance to play with Rangers and getting you're wage doubled when you're near the end of you're career.

I bet he can't believe it just like every other cunt can't either.

Ally McCoist can pick them.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3643-mccoist-in-daly-talks

ALLY McCOIST has confirmed he has spoken to Dundee United forward Jon Daly with a view of signing him to play for Rangers next season.

The Tannadice forward has scored 12 goals this term and 69 for the Arabs since he first moved there from Hartlepool in January 2007.

Now 30, Daly was reported to be a Light Blues target recently and McCoist admitted he was keen on the Irishman.

Talks have now taken place between the two, though the Gers manager wouldn’t say whether they were likely to lead to a positive conclusion.

If Daly does agree to come to Ibrox, he wouldn’t be able to begin working for the club until its transfer and registration embargo ends on September 1.

McCoist said: “I’ve spoken to Jon and it has been well documented he is a player we are interested in.

“The bottom line is we have to bring good players to the club. We’re in a situation now where we are really, really low on numbers.

“We’re struggling to fill benches nowadays and that gives you an idea of the enormity of the problem we have.

“We need to bring players in and we need to very good players in. Jon would certainly come into that category.

“Obviously our hands are tied a bit by the fact we can only sign free transfers with a view to registering them on September 1.

“Good players who are available will certainly be of interest to us and Jon Daly is one of those.

“As long as we feel a player can do a job for us on the park – and we don’t have any doubt Jon would – that is all that matters.”

McCoist clearly hopes Daly agrees to switch to Rangers after his contract at Tannadice comes to an end this summer.

But the Light Blues boss knows other players won’t be so keen to commit themselves to the 54-times Scottish champions for the foreseeable future.

It still remains to be seen which division Gers will play in next season and that will be dictated by whether reconstruction goes ahead or not.

Either way, it is expected the club will be playing lower-league football again and the manager knows that will put certain targets off.

He added: “There are a number of things that will go against us in terms of putting players off, there’s absolutely no doubt about that.

“But I’ve had one or two knockbacks before and it’s not something which concerns us. All we can do is approach the players who are interesting us.

“We need to see if they have a desire to come to the club because obviously we will have a desire to sign them and we’ll take the next steps after that.

“It’s not an ideal situation with the transfer embargo but we need to make the best of it and we’ll do that.

“Some players won’t want to come to the club because of the league we’re in and I can totally understand that.

Any Rangers fans who cannot understand why other fans dont like the Southern Irish have been living a very sheltered life!

Or maybe they have just been brought up well and possess a degree of intelligence? I understand it, not that I agree with it....daly may turn out to be a great signing....I'm not convinced about him as a player but his nationality should have fuck all to do with it!