Hegarty issued with notice of complaint

• What a surprise, within 4 days he is issued with a NoC. What about the thug that tried to break wee Barrie McKays jaw a couple of weeks back? The replays shown were MUCH more conclusive than Hegartys. Vincent Lunny is a grade A walloper.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they use tv evidence for this but not goals, must have sky/Espn I hope they pay for it according to clubs and pubs do but I bet they don't. I'm sick of these belters they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at us, when we gonna start standing upto this mob?

Even the computer games are more realistic than these numptees!

Didn't actually see the incident but out of curiosity have any of the opposition players been suspended over tackles? the kungfu kick on Blacky springs to mind..

It was a stamp and he deserves the retrospective punishment....like perry he often dives in to challenges and seems to lack any kind of game intelligence....that said you are right to point to the fact that as far as I'm aware that brutal challenge on black early in the season didn't recieve any further action and it certainly seems fair to question why!

Can anyone confirm whether the incident in which McKay took a full blown elbow to the coupon has been dealt with?

Edit: It wasn't in the same game, it was 2 weeks ago I think.

Stirling player received 2 match ban member of public complained , others say because of derek Johnstone going on about it , there is an article on web sorry don't know how to link it

Just seen this.. Cheers

Didn't actually see the incident but out of curiosity have any of the opposition players been suspended over tackles? the kungfu kick on Blacky springs to mind..

The only time they're on the telly is when they play us so who knows what they get away with when they play each other.

Have no complaints over this, other than the fact a fair few challenges on our players have gone unpunished this season too.

Just wondering, do these incidents get picked up only if the Ref didn't take any action (booking/sending off) during the game?

Pretty sure they can't do anything if ref has dealt with it with yellow or red card.

Have no complaints over this, other than the fact a fair few challenges on our players have gone unpunished this season too.

Just wondering, do these incidents get picked up only if the Ref didn't take any action (booking/sending off) during the game?

That is my understanding, but remember the Aluko incident last year when the ref said he hadn't dived and yet Lunny over ruled and banned Sone. This incident occured right in front of the ref, so either he completely missed it or he saw it and didn't think it warranted any action.

"Greig, Marc, Jamie and myself studied the video evidence on umpteen occasions on Tuesday evening and we were unanimous in the opinion that Jamie was innocent of the charge – striking an opponent with his arm or elbow during the course of the match – and that consequently he should plead his case in person."

Stirling Albion disputed the charge on the dirty bassa centre back elbowing McKay after seeing video evidence.. Silly cunts.

Pretty sure they can't do anything if ref has dealt with it with yellow or red card.

That is my understanding, but remember the Aluko incident last year when the ref said he hadn't dived and yet Lunny over ruled and banned Sone. This incident occured right in front of the ref, so either he completely missed it or he saw it and didn't think it warranted any action.

Cheers lads! (tu)

Good point that about Aluko!

We can confirm that defender Jamie Bishop has been suspended for two matches after being found guilty of violent conduct on Barrie McKay in Saturday’s match against Rangers at Ibrox.

SAFC Operations Director Stuart Brown has issued the following statement: “I am incensed at both the outcome of today’s Judicial Panel Hearing and the events that led to Jamie Bishop’s appearance.

“In summary, Jamie was charged with violent conduct by the SFA Compliance Officer following on from a complaint by a member of the public with regards to an incident that was not seen by the match officials but was put under the microscope by ESPN and broadcast to TV screens across the world.

“The Club was provided with the video evidence upon which the charge was based. This video evidence was the ESPN footage including full commentary and “expert” comment from Derek Johnstone.

“We had the option to accept the fixed two match ban for violent conduct without contest (i.e an admission of guilt) or to get Jamie to make a personal appearance at the Judicial Panel Hearing at Hampden to plead his case.

“Greig, Marc, Jamie and myself studied the video evidence on umpteen occasions on Tuesday evening and we were unanimous in the opinion that Jamie was innocent of the charge – striking an opponent with his arm or elbow during the course of the match – and that consequently he should plead his case in person.

“At the same time as confirming this to the Compliance Officer, I requested that the video evidence be used without the accompanying commentary that was, to put it politely, somewhat biased. This request was accepted.

“The outcome of the Hearing has already been documented and whilst we remain convinced of his innocence, the decision is final and Jamie will sit out the next two league games – Berwick at home on Saturday and Queen’s Park at Hampden on Tuesday evening.”

The lad was banned but as I've read nor heard anything regarding this anywhere I thought he had got away with it.

In the 32nd minute of the game,Hutton took a bad touch,was tackled and the ball broke to between Hegarty and a Montrose player,Hegarty got to the ball at the same time as the Montrose player slid in a nano second later and connected with Hegarty.

As Hegarty landed on his left foot he appeared to stamp with his right foot on the waist of the Montrose player who was on the deck.

The Referee was 3 yards away from the incident but perhaps Hegarty's body was blocking the view of the ref,who obviously never seen it so therefore didn't even give a free kick against Hegarty.

Now if the Ref had even given a free kick to Montrose, then Lunny wouldn't have been able to give a retrospective decision on it.

The only way the compliance officer can be brought in is if the Ref misses the incident,and Lunny actually sees it himself,or it's reported to Lunny by an outside party, such as the other club involved or a "member of the public" (which in itself opens a whole can of worms these days)

As soon as I saw it I was sure Hegarty was going to get at least a yellow,even a Red if the ref had seen it,but it all depended on where you were in the ground as to whether it was a booking/sending off offence or even a free kick (as the Ref seen it)

That's the problem with this retrospective shit; they have taken away the jurisdiction of the Referee,so it's solely down to Lunny if he decides to act or punish the person involved.

Fuck! A referee can be 2 yards away from the incident and give a player a penalty kick, but if Lunny thinks the Ref is wrong, then the player given the penalty decision is punished for simulation and banned with a bad reputation as cheating cunt (ala Sone Aluko)