Longmuir : SFL have shown no favouritism to Rangers

Scottish Football League chief executive David Longmuir has denied showing favouritism to Rangers - insisting he treats Charles Green just like any other club director.

1365001052-920.jpg

The lower-league administrator is battling to get league reconstruction talks back on track after an SFL meeting last week broke up with its 30 members split over the timescale for change.

But Longmuir has been accused by some club chairmen of pandering to Rangers after suggesting the Old Firm could enter colt teams in a new set-up - with his critics claiming the ploy was only dreamt up to ensure the fallen Glasgow giants do not remain in the bottom tier of Scottish football.But Longmuir told those who suggest he has been unduly influenced by Light Blues chief executive Green: "You obviously don't know me. I have been doing this job diligently before Rangers even came into the league."We were presented with a situation last year where we accommodated Rangers willingly and they have been a great addition."I deal with chairmen of all description throughout the 30 clubs and I can assure you they are a mixed bunch, all trying to take Scottish football forward."Some have different views on one thing, some have different views on the other. I have got to get everybody as aligned as possible, all on the basis of what is doing right for the game."We are getting there. There is some real momentum behind this change agenda. We need to iron out a few things but I don't think they will be insurmountable now and I think it will stand the game in good stead.""The Rangers factor is as big as the factor for Annan, Peterhead, Queen's Park, Livingston, Dundee, Forfar - it is affecting the whole game."We need to get it sorted but we need to do it properly. Rangers have brought great awareness to the SFL. Their fans have gone round the country in great numbers. But I look after all 30 clubs in the SFL equally and have done since 2007, before Rangers came in."They are a welcome addition to the SFL but so are all the others. I have got to be mindful that my duty is to 30 clubs."Despite being unable to vote as associate members, Rangers have been outspoken on the reconstruction process.Both Green and manager Ally McCoist have called for the Irn-Bru Third Division champions to be promoted to the 12-team middle division, rather than the 18-club basement league which would replace the current bottom two tiers. mBut Longmuir said: "At the moment, Rangers are champions of Division Three, Queen of the South are champions of Division Two and there is a bit of a battle at the top of the First. "I have got no mind to change anything in that promotion and relegation scenario." During talks with the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League yesterday, the SFL vowed to hold its reconstruction vote by April 19 if 11 of the top-flight clubs back the changes on April 15. Twenty-two of the SFL clubs need to back the proposals, which would see the top two divisions split into three groups of eight after 22 games. Longmuir revealed the lower-league sides would be sent a resolution tomorrow which outlines matters to be decided upon after 14 of his members called for the changes to be put on hold until after next season. Longmuir added: "We had a positive meeting with the SPL clubs and the SFA and we are going to further progress that due diligence process by putting in some independent scrutiny on contracts and figures. We will then go to a vote on April 19 where the clubs will be able to decide where they want to be and how they want to take it forward. "It is important that we do take time. If doing due diligence is cautionary in its approach, well that is only fair. "This is a 123-year-old organisation that has served Scottish football pretty well over that time. As we move into a brand new organisation, we have got to get it right because we want to make it good for the game for the foreseeable future." And Longmuir urged patience from fans who do not like the proposed league structure - an SFA-commissioned survey this week suggested 87 per cent of supporters want to see a larger top division. Longmuir said: "I listen to fans regularly. They contact me daily. I was quite a key proponent of a larger league - I still am. "But it is not deliverable at the moment. The finances aren't there to make it viable. The wealth in the game is not sufficient to take a number of games out of the annual calendar. "So let's look at this as an opportunity to get the foundations right and then we start looking at how we rebuild it and get fans more involved."

But Longmuir told those who suggest he has been unduly influenced by Light Blues chief executive Green: "You obviously don't know me. I have been doing this job diligently before Rangers even came into the league.

"We were presented with a situation last year where we accommodated Rangers willingly and they have been a great addition.

"I deal with chairmen of all description throughout the 30 clubs and I can assure you they are a mixed bunch, all trying to take Scottish football forward.

"Some have different views on one thing, some have different views on the other. I have got to get everybody as aligned as possible, all on the basis of what is doing right for the game.

"We are getting there. There is some real momentum behind this change agenda. We need to iron out a few things but I don't think they will be insurmountable now and I think it will stand the game in good stead."

"The Rangers factor is as big as the factor for Annan, Peterhead, Queen's Park, Livingston, Dundee, Forfar - it is affecting the whole game.

"We need to get it sorted but we need to do it properly. Rangers have brought great awareness to the SFL. Their fans have gone round the country in great numbers. But I look after all 30 clubs in the SFL equally and have done since 2007, before Rangers came in.

"They are a welcome addition to the SFL but so are all the others. I have got to be mindful that my duty is to 30 clubs."

Despite being unable to vote as associate members, Rangers have been outspoken on the reconstruction process.

Both Green and manager Ally McCoist have called for the Irn-Bru Third Division champions to be promoted to the 12-team middle division, rather than the 18-club basement league which would replace the current bottom two tiers.

But Longmuir said: "At the moment, Rangers are champions of Division Three, Queen of the South are champions of Division Two and there is a bit of a battle at the top of the First.

"I have got no mind to change anything in that promotion and relegation scenario."

During talks with the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League yesterday, the SFL vowed to hold its reconstruction vote by April 19 if 11 of the top-flight clubs back the changes on April 15.

Twenty-two of the SFL clubs need to back the proposals, which would see the top two divisions split into three groups of eight after 22 games.

Longmuir revealed the lower-league sides would be sent a resolution tomorrow which outlines matters to be decided upon after 14 of his members called for the changes to be put on hold until after next season.

Longmuir added: "We had a positive meeting with the SPL clubs and the SFA and we are going to further progress that due diligence process by putting in some independent scrutiny on contracts and figures. We will then go to a vote on April 19 where the clubs will be able to decide where they want to be and how they want to take it forward.

"It is important that we do take time. If doing due diligence is cautionary in its approach, well that is only fair.

"This is a 123-year-old organisation that has served Scottish football pretty well over that time. As we move into a brand new organisation, we have got to get it right because we want to make it good for the game for the foreseeable future."

And Longmuir urged patience from fans who do not like the proposed league structure - an SFA-commissioned survey this week suggested 87 per cent of supporters want to see a larger top division.

Longmuir said: "I listen to fans regularly. They contact me daily. I was quite a key proponent of a larger league - I still am.

"But it is not deliverable at the moment. The finances aren't there to make it viable. The wealth in the game is not sufficient to take a number of games out of the annual calendar.

"So let's look at this as an opportunity to get the foundations right and then we start looking at how we rebuild it and get fans more involved."

http://www.heraldsco...gers.1365001052

If we're going to talk about favoritism here in the SFL i would say it's towards Dunferlmine. A club thats in admin can't pay there bills because they over spent and built up massive debt.

They also owe HMRC money.

Where is there fine, where is there transfer ban? why is there owner not getting fined for bringing the game into "disrepute"?

A wee club that have been treated differently compared to the way Rangers were treated.

Now for years i have heard all the fans in this country say the bigger clubs get treated differently from the wee clubs ie they get all the decisions going there way.

Everyone seems to be rallying around to help dunfermline no smirks and smug faces when the STV or BBC reporters are reporting outside there stadium.

Compare this wee club to Rangers an institution that is knowing around the world yet no cunt gave a fuck.

"I listen to fans regularly. They contact me daily. I was quite a key proponent of a larger league - I still am. But it is not deliverable at the moment. The finances aren't there to make it viable. The wealth in the game is not sufficient to take a number of games out of the annual calendar. So let's look at this as an opportunity to get the foundations right and then we start looking at how we rebuild it and get fans more involved." = FUCK THE PAYING CUSTOMERS OPINION!!

"I listen to fans regularly. They contact me daily. I was quite a key proponent of a larger league - I still am. But it is not deliverable at the moment. The finances aren't there to make it viable. The wealth in the game is not sufficient to take a number of games out of the annual calendar. So let's look at this as an opportunity to get the foundations right and then we start looking at how we rebuild it and get fans more involved." = FUCK THE PAYING CUSTOMERS OPINION!!

People keep saying this. Scottish football has zilcho money so how can they do it? The only reason the clowns tried to get Rangers into div 1 was so they wouldn't lose as much as they have with us being in div 3.

If we're going to talk about favoritism here in the SFL i would say it's towards Dunferlmine. A club thats in admin can't pay there bills because they over spent and built up massive debt.

They also owe HMRC money.

Where is there fine, where is there transfer ban? why is there owner not getting fined for bringing the game into "disrepute"?

A wee club that have been treated differently compared to the way Rangers were treated.

Now for years i have heard all the fans in this country say the bigger clubs get treated differently from the wee clubs ie they get all the decisions going there way.

Everyone seems to be rallying around to help dunfermline no smirks and smug faces when the STV or BBC reporters are reporting outside there stadium.

Compare this wee club to Rangers an institution that is knowing around the world yet no cunt gave a fuck.

This is the SFL not the SPL or the SFA. The SFL didn't hit us with a transfer ban and they didn't hit us with a points penalty. When the SPL voted us out their league it was the SFL which voted us into their league.

Longmuir has to be neutral which is how it should be. He is chief exec of the SFL but he has to do the bidding of the 30 SFL clubs. He doesn't run it on his own whims.

It's really up to the SFL clubs now whether they want to believe a bankrupt and corrupt SPL and join them in one structure (thus bailing the SPL out) or stay as they are for now.

The SFL has the cash cow that is Rangers, and the SPL want it back. Simple as that.

If they fall for the SPLs lies we're proper fucked. Being in any league run by Liewell and his dumb & dumber puppets will see us forever being hunted.

What did Longmuir say about Dunfermline? When will they get their £50k fine for suffering an insolvency event? When will Dunfermline receive their 10pts deduction?

SFL dont have any 'set' penalties (re fines/points deductions). Each case on its merits.

It was the SPL that hammered us.

SFL dont have any 'set' penalties (re fines/points deductions). Each case on its merits.

It was the SPL that hammered us.

They smashed Dundee with a 25 point deduction.

Surely Dunfermline should get the -10 Dundee were told they would have got if it had been their first offence?

Why does he even need to say this? name one situation where we have been shown favouritism in the last 12 months. Just one...come on, any takers?....no?... thought not.

It appears than not bashing Rangers is now seen as favouritism. I fuckin hate this country.

They smashed Dundee with a 25 point deduction.

Surely Dunfermline should get the -10 Dundee were told they would have got if it had been their first offence?

The SFL are having a meeting on Thursday about there point deduction. As it's not the same as the SPL the SFL don't have a rule saying you should be deducted a certain amount of points if you go into admin.

Why does he even need to say this? name one situation where we have been shown favouritism in the last 12 months. Just one...come on, any takers?....no?... thought not.

It appears than not bashing Rangers is now seen as favouritism. I fuckin hate this country.

I think some radio show presenters think we were shown favouritism just by letting us join the SFL.

I think some radio show presenters think we were shown favouritism just by letting us join the SFL.

Yet nothing gets said when Dundee have been in admin 3 times and now Dunferlmline are in it. So if this is why they think this,should they kick Dunferline out of football altogether then?

Thats what they wanted with us.