Ross County to Vote NO

At a board meeting yesterday he (Roy MacGregor) spoke to his management staff and fans’ representatives – and nothing that was said has forced him to change his position.

County fans are happy with the majority of the proposals but won’t back down on their opposition to the three leagues of eight split while Staggies boss Derek Adams has been one of the fiercest critics of the structure.

MacGregor will not be making his choice public until after Monday’s National Stadium showdown.

He said: “It’s not a personal decision, it’s a club decision.Any business that goes away from what its staff and customers want is committing suicide. It would not be fair to my fellow chairmen to say anything before I say it to them on Monday. I need to speak to the 11 other chairmen before I speak to anyone else. Each club’s circumstances are different. As a new club in the league our circumstances might differ from those who have listened to league reconstruction plans two or three times over. And I hope other clubs respect that as we respect their views.”

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a board meeting yesterday he (Roy MacGregor) spoke to his management staff and fans’ representatives – and nothing that was said has forced him to change his position.

County fans are happy with the majority of the proposals but won’t back down on their opposition to the three leagues of eight split while Staggies boss Derek Adams has been one of the fiercest critics of the structure.

MacGregor will not be making his choice public until after Monday’s National Stadium showdown.

He said: “It’s not a personal decision, it’s a club decision.Any business that goes away from what its staff and customers want is committing suicide. It would not be fair to my fellow chairmen to say anything before I say it to them on Monday. I need to speak to the 11 other chairmen before I speak to anyone else. Each club’s circumstances are different. As a new club in the league our circumstances might differ from those who have listened to league reconstruction plans two or three times over. And I hope other clubs respect that as we respect their views.”

Where did you get this from bud.

Heres hoping Ross County are not "persuaded" over the weekend by the corrupt cabal.

Rules cant be changed during the season.......sporting integrity......!!!!

87% of fans dont want this shite......surely SPL clubs listen to fans........!!!

The proposed 8-8-8 split is an embarrassment.....think the Swiss tried it and have advised against it.

Has Dhoncaster ever got anything right?????

If the SPL are desperate enough they may offer a last gasp change in voting rights to 9-3. That could be enough for St Mirren to change their vote.

Would almost be worth it to see Liewell's face when he got the news.

Imagine if that was followed by a vote for a salary cap and a ban on foreign players. Sellick would be fucked.

How any business can possibly say that their is no Plan B....................................one would think the banks are telling them what to do or face the ultimate that any business dreads, being told to lock the doors and hand the keys back.

Wonder if this is the reason that guy who the papers said loved the touch of married woman (integrity) has been on tv saying it's for the greater good of scottish football :7325: and this gollumesque fud expects us to believe him :7325:

If the SPL are desperate enough they may offer a last gasp change in voting rights to 9-3. That could be enough for St Mirren to change their vote.

Would almost be worth it to see Liewell's face when he got the news.

Imagine if that was followed by a vote for a salary cap and a ban on foreign players. Sellick would be fucked.

You have to ask yourself now that they have removed Rangers from spl. what is stopping them removing the 11-1 vote. I mean what other club apart from the immigrants would vote for status quo as how can this benefit anyone apart from the immigrants

You have to ask yourself now that they have removed Rangers from spl. what is stopping them removing the 11-1 vote. I mean what other club apart from the immigrants would vote for status quo as how can this benefit anyone apart from the immigrants

We know the sheep(for whatever reason) decided to support them in not changing the vote. Hardly surprising from a team who doesn't immediately sack a manager who gives his players a licence to lose "certain matches"

will wait till after mondays vote but looks promising, on a side note why is it ok for motherwell to say yes before the vote but when st mirren said no they were told they should be waiting till monday

Motherwell confuse me on this.

They said they wouldn't decide until they had a meeting with their fans - which was supposed to happen last night (anyone know the outcome of this?).

But they were quoted as being in favour of reconstruction/takeover on Wednesday or Thursday?? - before they spoke to their fans?? = Weird!!

Not unless someone is releasing statements on behalf of these SPL clubs to keep the media campiagn going - Doncaster maybe? - wouldn't surprise me!!

Imagine you were a sheep supporter (ok but try for a minute) you would really be looking for some serious answers as to why they were the club who voted to preserve the 11/1.

In fact if you were a journalist of any repute you would be asking the same question.

What was in that decision for the sheep fc?