BBC get their grubby mitts on another internal Ibrox document

Senna

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing is rotten, but in what way is it infantile or shallow? Are those all things that you don't want at Rangers? They're not impossible (not even the Euro success by 2020, but that's nigh on impossible), given the right money, backing and implementation.

How did Dortmund do it from being a kick in the arse off bankruptcy not that long ago? Feyenoord etc?

bundesliga money shadows this country

So Green wanted to get this club run from top to bottom the way it should be, and now he's gone so is this plan?

I really do fucken despair sometimes, I really do. doh

Every part of it is spot on, and it should be the way we're going. It seems some people at our club aren't open to change.

There's nothing wrong with having a mission statement and this one looks at the future in a positive way.

Of course the Board at present have shelved it, because their forward thinking is only a week at a time.

The "old boys" don't have a perceived forward thinking attitude and we may well spend a lot of money in the next couple of seasons unnecessarily on overpaid players and not cutting deadwood as required.

As I see it, what has happened to Charles Green is paramount to the last words spoken by Julius Caesar.

Dortmund's squad cost £30 Millon to assemble and it's got to the final of the champions league, if you were to add up money spent on the squad in Walter's final year it would be about the same figure.

he asked why dortmund were able. im not even talking about walter or the likes, im not the sort who likes to have little digs at our own, certainly walter.

The model isn't dependent solely on cash. We could scale it down, I'm sure.

we likely will do just that, dortmund did well and still on that upward stroll, fair play to them. they went rock bottom and built on that and im sure we will try and do likewise, just seems its all doom and gloom and we aint even finished the season yet, a long way to go.

Infact in 4 and a half years Walter spent

Nikica Jelavic - £4.3 Million

Kyle Lafferty - £3.96 Million

Maurice Edu - £3.52 Million

Steven Davis - £3.34 Million

Pedro Mendes - £3.3 Million

Lee McCulloch - £2.93 Million

Madjid Bougherra - £2.86 Million

Steven Whittaker - £2.64 Million

Carlos Cuellar - £2.64 Million

Kevin Thomson - £2.64 Million

Steven Naismith - £2.46 Million

Kenny Miller - £2.29 Million

Daniel Cousin - £1.5 Million

James Beattie - £1.5 Million

Andrius Velicka - £1.23 Million

DaMarcus Beasley - £1.06 Million

Neil Alexander - £660k

Vladimir Weiss - £528k Loan Fee

Jerome Rothen - £440k Loan Fee

Andy Webster - £308k

Total - £44.1 Million

Now if we had put this cash into a sustainable model we would be in a far better position than we are now that is serious money nearly an average of £10 Million a year.

Infact in 4 and a half years Walter spent

Nikica Jelavic - £4.3 Million

Kyle Lafferty - £3.96 Million

Maurice Edu - £3.52 Million

Steven Davis - £3.34 Million

Pedro Mendes - £3.3 Million

Lee McCulloch - £2.93 Million

Madjid Bougherra - £2.86 Million

Steven Whittaker - £2.64 Million

Carlos Cuellar - £2.64 Million

Kevin Thomson - £2.64 Million

Steven Naismith - £2.46 Million

Kenny Miller - £2.29 Million

Daniel Cousin - £1.5 Million

James Beattie - £1.5 Million

Andrius Velicka - £1.23 Million

DaMarcus Beasley - £1.06 Million

Neil Alexander - £660k

Vladimir Weiss - £528k Loan Fee

Jerome Rothen - £440k Loan Fee

Andy Webster - £308k

Total - £44.1 Million

Some of those figures are exaggerated

But I agree with the point in general your making

There's so much in that document that really should be common sense when starting from the bottom. The time and freedom to implement a football philosophy and long term vision for the club without the massive pressure that would come with having to battle with Celtic for the title and battle in Europe.

I understand that after the scramble in the summer that it wasn't an ideal situation so I can only hope that maybe over the summer we seriously start to look at this type of thing but I'm pretty confident that the coaching over hall that Green planned would be nowhere near the same as what McCoist has in mind (if he has anything in mind.)

yeah but the season before that he spent £20 Million ffs, and the season before that £8 Million the reason he didn't have anything to spend was because he spent it all. People like you are the reason Scottish football is a little backwater inbred swamp so small minded and unable to think outside the box. If Swansea can follow this model why can't Rangers?

His net expenditure in his 2nd spell was only about £10m, Mr Angry.

nothing to do with fan pressure? other issues within? why is it down to old boys as you put it?

I agree the fans weren't happy PLG, but at the end of the day, it was the board who got rid.

The guy wasn't given enough time IMO.

His net expenditure in his 2nd spell was only about £10m, Mr Angry.

which is allot of money for us in the SPL in a 4 year period, Porto have made a £100 Million + net profit in the last 8 years from transfers and Dortmund have been pretty much on an even footing only spending what they have.

I agree the fans weren't happy PLG, but at the end of the day, it was the board who got rid.

The guy wasn't given enough time IMO.

and why did the board do this? id say the fans were instrumental in any decision

still aint covered the old boys part?

The timing is rotten, but in what way is it infantile or shallow? Are those all things that you don't want at Rangers? They're not impossible (not even the Euro success by 2020, but that's nigh on impossible), given the right money, backing and implementation.

How did Dortmund do it from being a kick in the arse off bankruptcy not that long ago? Feyenoord etc?

Nothing is impossible but this is highly improbable. This is talking about starting from scratch at a youth level, bringing in a director of football, 33% wage turnover, buying the right kind of players. It would require serious money to be thrown at it and Zen like patience from a notoriously impatient support.

which is allot of money for us in the SPL in a 4 year period, Porto have made a £100 Million + net profit in the last 8 years from transfers and Dortmund have been pretty much on an even footing only spending what they have.

No it isn't. Especially when you factor in the success it brought us.

No, that's not what I said. I'm saying it's simply unworkable logistically and financially, nice sentiments though.

I don't think it's as hard as you may think. It certainly isn't easy but with the correct coaches and time Its certainly not unthinkable.

Although it depends on what your attitude is at the end of the day.

Its a wonderful forward thinking blueprint, but why is it just coming out now?? And let me try and wrap my heid round the general attitude of many posters. Ally and Walter are the "old guard..Rangers men" and they have no fucking clue about taking our Club forward!?.

Their masterplan is to buy buy buy, over the hill, crap and technically poor players, paying them thousands a quid a week, They will not look to improve or indeed learn anything from our recent past!?. They will instead run our Club into "rack and ruin" knowing/hoping that WE the Rangers Fans will bail us out without a single word of complaint or protest!?.

What a load of fucking nonsense.. No wonder I drink.. Fucking hell..

I liked Charlie but he wasnt the messiah(he was a naughty boy). Ive said it before IN WALTER I TRUST.