Neil Alexander 'looks like I'll be leaving'

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After match interview with Sky he said the deals still only 1 year, 65% wage reduction.

Doesn't know his plans but probably his goodbye.

Thanks for your time here Neil if you are leaving. :clap:

He comes across like a decent guy and he has been a solid player and good servant but we have to be realistic moving forward and value for money is paramount whilst we remain in the lower leagues!

Best of luck to him for the future though!

Can't help but feel a wee bit sorry for him.

I hope something can be worked out on realistic wages.

A good servant to the club IMO.

Has been a decent player, especially back in the UEFA Cup run. I don't think we could justify more than £5k though, and that is pushing it.

He was "safehands" today, bank bursting salaries are not required for where we are, Partick and QOtS prove that by winning the leagues above, some good housekeeping reqd, theres plenty decent players out there on a fraction of what we pay, good luck anyway.

Love that guy, he is the apitamy of what a rangers player should be... Loyal, hard working, gentlemanly and above all a decent footballer ! More of his kind and we'll be alright!

Good keeper, has been loyal to the club and a good servant. But letting him go, given he has been reported to be on ~10K/week in lower divisions is the right decision. We need to ensure we maintain a sustainable expenditure on wages until our revenue stream can justify paying this much on players. Is certainly not required for SFL-2.

Love that guy, he is the apitamy of what a rangers player should be... Loyal, hard working, gentlemanly and above all a decent footballer ! More of his kind and we'll be alright!

"apitamy"?

Are you taking the piss?

What harm has the Queen's English ever done you?

That's the epitome of dreadful spelling.

Thanks for the performances, Neil.

But those wage demands are ridiculous.

I don't think its wages its the length of the deal, he wants two years not one. There are people happy to pay Cammy Bell £8k so I think £4.5k for Neil is well deserved as is a two year deal.