ST sales next season?

BEARGER

By the time the new season comes we'll be full of optimism again, with some new signings. Would not expect a huge impact on season tickets, and who knows there may be some really positive signings and changes in the close season. We are still the biggest show in town.

Fixed that for you mate

No, I'm looking forward to the big Glasgow derby again next season when the two greatest Scottish teams will renew the oldest derby in the world whilst pulling in close to 50,000 fans at home and away. Hope the 2nd greatest Glasgow team get promoted too.

Queen's eleven versus Queens' eleven. :uk::scot:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time the new season comes we'll be full of optimism again, with some new signings. Would not expect a huge impact on season tickets, and who knows there may be some really positive signings and changes in the close season. We are still the ( biggest ) only show in town.

No, I'm looking forward to the big Glasgow derby again next season when the two greatest Scottish teams will renew the oldest derby in the world whilst pulling in close to 50,000 fans at home and away. Hope the 2nd greatest Glasgow team get promoted too.Queen's eleven versus Queens' eleven. :uk::scot:

I stand corrected Bro. Just like you, I have appreciated our reconnection with sporting history. It puts football back on the agenda, which others in a dank and foetid place couldn't begin to understand.

Cannot think we will get anywhere near the 38K mark next season.

Three reasons: 1. Dire football all season including today.

2. The number of ST holders who did not turn up today.

3. Listening to those around me.

See where you are coming from,but please give Ally another chance.

I will renew my season ticket as always....in spite of the rubbish I have watched this year. But the club needs to understand that much more of this will see a major drift away from the club.

As for the absence of season ticket holders today - I'm one that couldn't make it today for very pressing family reasons. Perhaps some on here should understand that there are times when people can't make a game for very legitimate reasons.

I missed the last 3 games due to taking unwell.....I made it today but really struggled. I will be rethinking my season ticket for next season, but only to get a move to a seat that is a bit easier for me to access.

Remember we lost 9000 season tickets last season that never renewed, and while I fully understand that the performances are unlikely to attract them back, they are still there to be targeted in the future.

Today Stage One was completed....lets get Stage Two done ....this time last year we were delightedif we could get any team on the park no matter how bad....these guys have been Heroes in my eyes this season, maybe not the best footballers but They stepped up and played when it mattered and got the job done!

Little injured.

Hemmings could replace him but no it's let's move my pal McCulloch instead.

Clueless doesn't even begin to describe McCoist. I've watched two seasons under him. There won't be a third.

And I don't give two monkeys fucks what the usual pricks on here will say.

just ignoring the fact hemmings is shit are we?

you won't be missed

Yes he will be missed.

Rather than simply slagging off anyone who has a different view we need to realise that now is the time to stand together If someone wants to give up on us persuade them not to. Don't sjust tell them to fuck off

We simply have to keep supporting the team even if we are not happy with the way things are going on the park at the minute.

I missed the last 3 games due to taking unwell.....I made it today but really struggled. I will be rethinking my season ticket for next season, but only to get a move to a seat that is a bit easier for me to access.

Remember we lost 9000 season tickets last season that never renewed, and while I fully understand that the performances are unlikely to attract them back, they are still there to be targeted in the future.

Today Stage One was completed....lets get Stage Two done ....this time last year we were delightedif we could get any team on the park no matter how bad....these guys have been Heroes in my eyes this season, maybe not the best footballers but They stepped up and played when it mattered and got the job done!

These lads have season under their belts now, think we will see the benefit next season, OK some of them will probably fall by the wayside, but that's life at a club like Rangers.

just ignoriwen'tthe fact hemmings is shit are we?

Sorry mate, Kane isn't shit, he was quite successful at Cowdenbeath, its quite obvious the Ally McCoist's patented skill removal training program has worked wonders on him, under any other Manager Kane would have came on and scored the required half dozen goals. Under any other Manager Little wouldn't have been injured and would have been available to score the required half dozen goals.

We could take this further as its obvious under any other Manager we wouldn't have been in Administration, liquidation wouldn't have happened under any other Manager. Under any other Manager we wouldn't have won the 3rd division this year we would have been to busy winning the SPL , the cups and the champions league, and we would have done it with beautiful free flowing football.

Little injured.

Clueless doesn't even begin to describe McCoist. I've watched two seasons under him. There won't be a third.

lol jig is one of the top two goalscorers in the team. Ally putting him up front to replace little was the right move.

There are many sticks used to beat Ally with but putting our second biggest scorer up front shouldnt be one of them.

Unless you simply can't afford a season book any one who does not renew can stay away for life, our club needs the money now more than ever, if the football is terrible just stay away. This way the club has your money and can operate and go forward. Should McCoist stay or go? Not for me to say but remember no man is bigger than the club. If you do not renew the guilt should eat you up, we don't do walking away, we the fans need to stay the course and show the spl, sfa that we are only gonna get stronger and want our pound of flesh. I have 2 books one is for my young son but rented out as he is only 3. I suffer poor health so much so I had to watch the game at home yesterday but there was another bear in my seat. I would rather renew my seats every year than go on holiday, Our great club a member of mine and your family needs our support more than ever please please renew show that mhanky mob once and for all that we are the best supported club in Scotland, look back in 20 years and still ram it down their throats that we sold more season tickets and had bigger average attendances than them. Rant over

I remember watching dreadful team under every manager, I remember watching dreadful teams coming to Ibrox and I remind myself this is Scottish football in general terms it's real dreadful. We either stick by our team and indirectly support Scottish football or we close down and go shopping with the wife. I will be supporting my team and as the song goes "we will follow on". Now stop you moaning and get your ticket bought.

I will renew my ST - no hesitation at all. I know recent performances have been dire and the boardroom stuff and Whyte etc has rattled on longer that we'd all like. Thing is, the punishment to start again in Div 3, transfer ban and player desertions have had a massive weakening on the pitch. I still think more could have been done at management and coaching levels to get better performances in recent months but that was not to be. So in my view the journey back is going to be rocky and it might mean more of a fight game after game and with performances to match. I'd like it to be a better quality of performance and I hope it is but I'm increasingly resigned to it being more of a slog. Fear of failure at management, coaching and board level may drive that. That said - I'll take the longer term view that ST money helps Rangers assure the finances needed to run our Club and to put money aside for getting players when we need them. I can't control how well the money is spent whether on wages for out of contract players this summer or for transfers in Jan 14. I accept that there is a risk that money will not be spent wisely but surely after all of the mess last year staying on top of the finances and spending wisely within budget must rank alongside progression through the leagues.

Bottom line is ST sales make for assured financial planning which is good for our Club so the more STs that can be sold the better in my view. I really do hope it reaches or even exceeds 38000. Charles Green was very public salesman who helped galvanise support for buying STs. Don't see who on the Board can take up that role - who will lead from the front and make the case for ST sales and make it so convincingly that the numbers are where Rangers need them to be to progress and to avoid budget cutbacks? If a Board assumes STs will sell themselves in huge numbers then that would be unwise. Sure a very large number of Supporters will auto-renew. But there will be others who will want to hear and see what the Board proposes on prices and plans, and what the Manager proposes by way of changes for next season so a really good sales drive may be needed.

Yes he will be missed.

Rather than simply slagging off anyone who has a different view we need to realise that now is the time to stand together If someone wants to give up on us persuade them not to. Don't sjust tell them to fuck off

We simply have to keep supporting the team even if we are not happy with the way things are going on the park at the minute.

i never told him to fuck off or slagged him off.i simply stated a fact.if you don't want to support our team any more its simple you won't be missed .

See where you are coming from,but please give Ally another chance.

Ally will get another chance next season there is no doubt about that. Hopefully he signs hungry for success players and we get a better brand of football. Now is not the time to give up ST.

I'm not renewing - first time since I was 15

Nothing to do with off the field turmoil it's down to one man McCoist and his standard of football and lack of ability

I haven't enjoyed going to Ibrox since 2003 goal difference season and watching this pish is just the icing on the cake

Ill pick and choose my games

Ill still go to the aways but more for a day out and piss up than anything

Sorry mate, Kane isn't shit, he was quite successful at Cowdenbeath, its quite obvious the Ally McCoist's patented skill removal training program has worked wonders on him, under any other Manager Kane would have came on and scored the required half dozen goals. Under any other Manager Little wouldn't have been injured and would have been available to score the required half dozen goals.

We could take this further as its obvious under any other Manager we wouldn't have been in Administration, liquidation wouldn't have happened under any other Manager. Under any other Manager we wouldn't have won the 3rd division this year we would have been to busy winning the SPL , the cups and the champions league, and we would have done it with beautiful free flowing football.

Hemmings and Naismith should be nowhere near the first team, its only because we are threadbare that they are even quoted.

Unless you simply can't afford a season book any one who does not renew can stay away for life, our club needs the money now more than ever, if the football is terrible just stay away. This way the club has your money and can operate and go forward. Should McCoist stay or go? Not for me to say but remember no man is bigger than the club. If you do not renew the guilt should eat you up, we don't do walking away, we the fans need to stay the course and show the spl, sfa that we are only gonna get stronger and want our pound of flesh. I have 2 books one is for my young son but rented out as he is only 3. I suffer poor health so much so I had to watch the game at home yesterday but there was another bear in my seat. I would rather renew my seats every year than go on holiday, Our great club a member of mine and your family needs our support more than ever please please renew show that mhanky mob once and for all that we are the best supported club in Scotland, look back in 20 years and still ram it down their throats that we sold more season tickets and had bigger average attendances than them. Rant over

You may well mean well with a post like this but it doesn't come across well at all! By your logic a fan who has followed rangers for x amount of years, is passionate about the club and has spent thousands supporting us over the years is not welcome back should they choose not to renew at a time when the entertainment values come nowhere bear accounting for value for money whilst the club overpays staff and players.....sorry but you are completely wrong! Instead of taking the über fan high horse approach we as a club should be doing what we can to encourage fans to want to renew and not just do it out of a sense of loyalty, tradition etc....the performances from these players and under ally have been in the most part awful and they have a duty to provide entertainment for the fans!

At the top level entertainment can be achieved by winning leagues, cups and beating Celtic where performances are secondary but surely they realise its a different position we are in now and the players and staff owe the fans more....yesterday was a perfect example of the shocking attitude and approach from the players despite amazing backing!

Any fan who chooses not to renew will not be criticised by me and its the clubs responsibility to get them back by improving significantly next season!

Hemmings and Naismith should be nowhere near the first team, its only because we are threadbare that they are even quoted.

An attempt at sarcasm mate. Was trying to get a strike in before this descends into an Ally the Manager bashing session.

These guys are going to be with us next season and hopefully some of them will grow into the jersey.

Little injured.

Hemmings :lol:

See ye when were back at the top.