How many truly world class players have graced the team

Saw a post earlier regarding Arthur Numan being world class and it got me thinking how many have played for us when they were genuinely world class. I'm starting with the ones that I consider to have this status and I'm sure many will disagree.

Goram Klos Jardine Butcher Gough Souness Gascoigne Laudrup Baxter Cooper Numan and van Bronckhurst. Wilkins and Cannagia probably were but were past their best when they were at Ibrox and but for the injury I'm sure Durrant would have made the list

. :7325:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have a different view on a "world class" player.

We have had some absolutely exceptional players, but in my opinion world class is being in the very very elite best in the world, currently I would say only 3-4 players in the world are world class.

It's completely subjective but going from players I have seen I'd say Laudrup, Gascoigne, Ronald and Frank De Boer, Numan, Van Bronckhorst, Gough and, arguably, Goram.

Gattuso and Caniggia were World Class at certain points in their careers, but not with us.

Frank De Boer wasn't world cass when he was at us.

I think I have a different view on a "world class" player.

We have had some absolutely exceptional players, but in my opinion world class is being in the very very elite best in the world, currently I would say only 3-4 players in the world are world class.

So there are positions in the world with no world class players? :BELM: