• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's Mendes

2. He wasn't world class

1. Fixed the name.

2. Yes he was.

You don't win all those Trophies for fuck all. He won the UEFA Cup, Champions League, trebles in Portugal, the lot. Done very well for us too.

The problem with posts like this is that everybody has a different idea of what 'World Class' is.

Is it players that have won World Cups/Euros, is it a player thats made a World Cup/Euro Team of the Tournament, is it players that have won individual honours like Golden Shoe/Boot?

I loved watching Laudrup, Gazza, Cooper, Albertz, Van Bronkhorst who were all great players on their day.

My idea of 'World Class' is; when players are universally recognised and admired for their football skills throughout the World.

Sums it up perfectly. I've never thought there has been more then 5 world class players at any one time. I get frustrated at in particular Rooney & Bale being discussed as world class.

Sums it up perfectly. I've never thought there has been more then 5 world class players at any one time. I get frustrated at in particular Rooney & Bale being discussed as world class.

Name the 5 world class players.

1. Fixed the name.

2. Yes he was.

You don't win all those Trophies for fuck all. He won the UEFA Cup, Champions League, trebles in Portugal, the lot. Done very well for us too.

Same Mendes who wasn't even a regular in the Portsmouth team before we signed him and couldn't get near the Portugal team most of his career.

Class player on his game, aye, but you're having a laugh if you would call him World Class

And trophies mean fuck all, just look at players like John O'shea to notice that.

gazza, laudrup, goram & mols pre injury are the best 4 i've seen in their positions playing for us.

like others have said i don't consider any of them to be world class & everyone has their opinions as i thought ronald de boer was very overrated for us & nowhere near world class, he wouldn't have been in my first 11 most of the time except the 02/03 season.