Builders Hats in the sixties/seventies

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone on here remember an article by Roger Baillie I think, on the 72 Barcelona final, I'm convinced I read " the Guarda Civil were battering the Rangers fans who ran on to the field at the end of the game, then began beating others. Suddenly hails of Cava bottles came raining down like mortar bombs on the Guarda from the top tiers of the stadium causing them flee..........."????????????

I was at that game. Big John Greig came up to our end to try to stop the bottles getting chucked onto the pitch, some guy near us shouted "and you've been fuckin' shite aw nite tae" before launching a Newccy Broon bottle at him.

I also remember standing on the terracing with my Dad at Ibrox when it was too packed to get down the front and bevvied up punters all around pissing where they stood, getting pushed from the back and inevitably pishing down the back of some poor cunt in front of them with the shouts of, "awfurrfuxsake ya dirty cunt".

I was behind the dugout at Newcastle as I was on trial and got school pals in. yeah that pissing thing if the bastards caught you, that warm feeling, then cold as fuck then the smell :7325:

I was behind the dugout at Newcastle as I was on trial and got school pals in. yeah that pissing thing if the bastards caught you, that warm feeling, then cold as fuck then the smell :7325:

We got into the game thanks to The Mermaid bus parking up near us and the bears on the bus having the foresight to bring a set of ladders to allow us with no tickets to avail ourselves of the "£1 tae get up the ladders boys" offer.

I remember painting mine. Union Jacks and RHOU all over it. Used the wee tins of Airfix paint to do it. Hard hat oan and scarf tied to the wrist. Happy days. Like someone else said no fear back then but looking back Fucks sake. :thumbup: :thumbup:

We got into the game thanks to The Mermaid bus parking up near us and the bears on the bus having the foresight to bring a set of ladders to allow us with no tickets to avail ourselves of the "£1 tae get up the ladders boys" offer.

Superb :7325: Straight through the main entrance for me.

I remember painting mine. Union Jacks and RHOU all over it. Used the wee tins of Airfix paint to do it. Hard hat oan and scarf tied to the wrist. Happy days. Like someone else said no fear back then but looking back Fucks sake. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ha Ha....The wee pots of airfix paint.....magic!

I was at that game. Big John Greig came up to our end to try to stop the bottles getting chucked onto the pitch, some guy near us shouted "and you've been fuckin' shite aw nite tae" before launching a Newccy Broon bottle at him.

I also remember standing on the terracing with my Dad at Ibrox when it was too packed to get down the front and bevvied up punters all around pissing where they stood, getting pushed from the back and inevitably pishing down the back of some poor cunt in front of them with the shouts of, "awfurrfuxsake ya dirty cunt".

HaHa!!!! At least us gentlemen had the decancy to open up an empty beer can with a 2 bob bit and pish in it, all the while hoping nobody scored while you were pishing incase your knob got sliced open on the sharp edges :D

Mines was yellow with all sort of Gers stuff painted over --- great days.

The hats came in handy when it rained down coins which were being donated to some charity or other. Who remembers the students rag-week???

This for the younger bears is true. People would walk around the pitch-side with a bloody big white bed sheet. Fans were then encouraged to throw coins which would be collected in the sheet and donated to some charity or other.

Problem was that many fans threw like 'fannies' and got nowhere near the track usually belting some old guy or wee boy on the napper.

Never bothered me - just bounced off my hard hat.

I can remember the bottles and darts being thrown.The days when they collected for charity it was pennies you had to avoid they ran round the pitch with a big sheet collecting them.

Mines was yellow with all sort of Gers stuff painted over --- great days.

The hats came in handy when it rained down coins which were being donated to some charity or other. Who remembers the students rag-week???

This for the younger bears is true. People would walk around the pitch-side with a bloody big white bed sheet. Fans were then encouraged to throw coins which would be collected in the sheet and donated to some charity or other.

Problem was that many fans threw like 'fannies' and got nowhere near the track usually belting some old guy or wee boy on the napper.

Never bothered me - just bounced off my hard hat.

Remember it well,all the young ones who were standing doon the front made an absolute fortune,picking up tanners,single shillings,and the occasional hauf croon.

I bet the students used to hate The Gers playing The Sheep on such days,As collecting at their end of the ground would involve a fair bit of ingenuity in trying to grab the coins before the elastic bands they were attached to retracted.!

Remember it well,all the young ones who were standing doon the front made an absolute fortune,picking up tanners,single shillings,and the occasional hauf croon.

I bet the students used to hate The Gers playing The Sheep on such days,As collecting at their end of the ground would involve a fair bit of ingenuity in trying to grab the coins before the elastic bands they were attached to retracted.!

Students? Elastic bands? Eh???